DISNEY GENERATIONS DVD: NEW LINE

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Re: theatrical films not yet released

Post by milojthatch »

justcuttinhair wrote:so...as of now..what official live action films have not been released? I think that "One of Our Dinosaurs Is Missing", and "Light in the Forest"? correct? these may be the next DMC titles we see released. I know that "Sign of Zorro" was released as a theatrical release, assembled from various episodes of the tv show, but, is it considered part of the official canon? same thing with the John Slaughter films and Elfego Baca..which were also assembled from episodes. The anthology movies( Prince and the Pauper, Willie and the Yank, Mystery of Boyne Castle) were released overseas as full length films, correct?/?
I think the question of what live action theatrical films have not yet been released kind of comes down to are we just talking US release or do European ones count? Don't forget the biggest one, "Song of the South."
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Papa Bear
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Papa Bear »

Wow, that is a lot of great releases I can't wait to get them. Is "Ben and Me" on on one of the treasure sets already?
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Papa Bear wrote:Wow, that is a lot of great releases I can't wait to get them. Is "Ben and Me" on on one of the treasure sets already?
It is, from the Disney Rarities Treasure.

http://www.dvdizzy.com/disneyrarities.html

However, due to the treasure OOP buy beware regarding the Disney Treasure. If someone just wanted to own Ben and Me stand a lone, this seems like the way to go.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Would be nice if Ben and Me also got remastered for this release.
bugsplat9999
Limited Issue

Post by bugsplat9999 »

i have Ben & Me on order ETA Feb 4th... Will let u know about the quality if u would like

Chris
bugsplat9999
Limited Issue

Post by bugsplat9999 »

Hello,

Good news!! Amazon has delivered my DGC order 1 day early!! I quickly decided to look at "Ben And Me" just to see its quality... I have som good news for some.... Now I am a novice and by no means a Pro in evaluating video.... But I can see at least 2 differences from the DGC and the Disney Rarities versions... I don't have any other "Ben And Me" issues.
The first item is that the quality seems to be sharper and the second item is that the colors are more vibrant.. It looks almost like the DGC version comes from a PAL source... or was mastered from a better source...

Here are the 2 VidCaps to compare... (I hope this works) :-)
I have used the original Disney Treasures Rarities DVD

Ben And Me from Disney Treasures Rarities

Ben And Me from Disney Generations Collection

Both VidCaps were done using VLC Player...

I hope this helps some?

Chris
msh1975
Gold Classic Collection

Post by msh1975 »

i got all 7 new generations releases on friday. i watched all of them already and i feel they look great. only flaw i saw was in the LEFTOVERS. there was some kind of glitch/still moment before it went to another scence.....sorta.....kinda like a break from when it aired on tv at a commercial break i gues. other then that all the other titles are great!!!! all i got to say is.......disney and amazon keep them coming!!!!
Papa Bear
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Papa Bear »

msh1975 wrote:i got all 7 new generations releases on friday. i watched all of them already and i feel they look great. only flaw i saw was in the LEFTOVERS. there was some kind of glitch/still moment before it went to another scence.....sorta.....kinda like a break from when it aired on tv at a commercial break i gues. other then that all the other titles are great!!!! all i got to say is.......disney and amazon keep them coming!!!!
Great news, I got "Beyond Witch Mountain", and "Back to Hannibal" have not had a chance to watch them yet but will soon. I plan to get the others as well but budget only allowed these two for now.
justcuttinhair
Gold Classic Collection

generations titles

Post by justcuttinhair »

for those of you who have purchased them, do you know if BEN AND ME is the original theatrical cut or is it the longer anthology series edit?/? what is the quality of Justin Morgan?
bugsplat9999
Limited Issue

Post by bugsplat9999 »

It looks like a theater release... The film looks as though it came from a master copy... and it appears to be a movie not a TV release... It does have better quality and colors than the Disney Treasures copy....
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

The DGC looks like an improvement. Still, if you think the DGC version came from a PAL source, I'm not sure if I wanna buy it. Can anyone confirm if the running time for Ben and Me are identical for both releases?

UPDATE: I checked the Amazon listing for DGC release and it states is 21 mins long (which is the correct running time). So it may have come from a new (NTSC) master. Still, can anyone confirm the running time and/or if the sound pitch PAL or NTSC (PAL has a higher pitch)?
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

ENDURANCE

Yes!!
Finally a film in this series worth paying the full price for.
Correct aspect ratio (Widescreen, while the old VHS only existed in Fullscreen) and the picture quality is rather good as well.
Now I just wonder, why this lovely film never were released on a normal pressed DVD back in its "highdays" (as mostly all others of that eras films were)?.
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

bugsplat9999 wrote:Hello,

Good news!! Amazon has delivered my DGC order 1 day early!! I quickly decided to look at "Ben And Me" just to see its quality... I have som good news for some.... Now I am a novice and by no means a Pro in evaluating video.... But I can see at least 2 differences from the DGC and the Disney Rarities versions... I don't have any other "Ben And Me" issues.
The first item is that the quality seems to be sharper and the second item is that the colors are more vibrant.. It looks almost like the DGC version comes from a PAL source... or was mastered from a better source...

Chris
Would I be correct in guessing the DGC version is also the extended version of Ben and Me?
bugsplat9999
Limited Issue

Post by bugsplat9999 »

ichabod,

The total run time for B&M is 21:04. Not sure if that is the extended or not. Maybe someone else with more knowledge or you can be sure..?

Chris
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Chernabog wrote:ENDURANCE

Yes!!
Finally a film in this series worth paying the full price for.
Correct aspect ratio (Widescreen, while the old VHS only existed in Fullscreen) and the picture quality is rather good as well.
Now I just wonder, why this lovely film never were released on a normal pressed DVD back in its "highdays" (as mostly all others of that eras films were)?.
Did you pick that one up?
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
bugsplat9999
Limited Issue

Post by bugsplat9999 »

I have the DGC release Endurance

Chris
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

bugsplat9999 wrote:I have the DGC release Endurance

Chris
And it is in widescreen?

-Walt Disney
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

bugsplat9999 wrote:ichabod,

The total run time for B&M is 21:04. Not sure if that is the extended or not. Maybe someone else with more knowledge or you can be sure..?

Chris
Well if it has the same runtime as the Rarities DVD, then it is the original shorter length version.
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

milojthatch wrote:
bugsplat9999 wrote:I have the DGC release Endurance

Chris
And it is in widescreen?
Yes, it´s widescreen 2:35:1

and the new TRENCHCOAT is a strange case:

The frame is widescreen but its not anamorfic so its best viewed in 14:9 on the screen.
Last edited by Chernabog on Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
disneyfella
Anniversary Edition

Post by disneyfella »

No no....keep watching the Trenchcoat disc. After the opening titles it zooms in to a full frame. I think it used the remastered print that was done in the 1990s. It aired on Starz that way, too. Still no real widescreen print available :(

I will have to pick up the Endurance disc, though. Hopefully it is widescreen throughout the whole feature!
"It's Kind Of Fun To Do The Impossible"
- Walt Disney