DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:38 am 
Collector's Edition

Disney Duster wrote:
And Ursula doesn't sound more evil. She sounds just as comical in this song except for the one moment she gets dark.

And as for Triton letting Ariel marry Eric, is that only after he finds out humans didn't kill her mother? That's not nearly as great or, yes, "mature" as him letting Ariel marry Eric because he learned to overcome generalization and prejudice by recognizing not all humans are bad.

I wish they re-did stuff like Positoovity, Beyond my Wildest Dreams and One Step Closer into better songs, and brought back Vanessa, instead of this stuff.

Ursula doesn't sound more evil, but I think her actions are far more evil than just wanting to get her kingdom back. She killed her sisters, just because she wanted more attention, and when she didn't get it she wanted to destroy the happiness of her little brother. And on top of that, she also wants to be on the throne because she thinks she deserves it. So she basically kills just to get what she wants. The Ursula in the movies never killed anyone and was just very good at making deals and using magic.

But that's just my opinion. I guess everyone's definition of 'evil' is different. :)

The person I spoke to said Triton finding out humans didn't kill his wife was the final push he needed to see humans weren't as bad as he thought they were. But I guess he would've let them get married even if humans did kill his wife, like in the movie?

Also, I agree that they should've changed the ending. I was kind of dissapointed to hear they didn't add Vanessa back in. Since the shows so far are try-out, I hope they at least try to change something about the ending.

I was also a little bit dissapointed Triton and Ursula were still siblings. It just doesn't make sense to me that a fish and an octopus are related! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:43 am 
Collector's Edition

New pictures!

The underwater wigs are awful! What were they thinking? :shock:

Last edited by supertalies on Mon May 07, 2012 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:10 am 
Platinum Edition

supertalies wrote:
The underwater wigs are aweful! What were they thinking? :shock:

Yikes. Ariel looks ridiculous with that hair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:50 pm 
Special Edition

Those wigs are horrible. I'm genuinely shocked that they're using them. It doesn't even look like the hair is "flowing through the water" which I assume is the effect they were going for. Having it loose like the photo of her with Eric would be a million times better than having a ginger cone on her head.

I'm actually stunned. Horrible, HORRIBLE choice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:35 pm 
Special Edition

WHAT?!?!?!?!??! Why that hair?? and all that fabric stuff??? It's horrible! =(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:44 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

wow that sucks...

I do love that she's swimming. The rollerblades were retarded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:47 pm 
Limited Edition

The Little Swordfish! :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:17 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

They CAN NOT be serious! They got her costume wrong. :o

Nah, I'm jk (but i'm serious about that though). The wigs are TERRIBLE!!!!

FAVORITE DISNEY MOVIES: Sleeping Beauty, Meet the Robinsons, Enchanted, The Lion King, Frozen, Wreck-It Ralph, Toy Story 3, Finding Nemo, Brave, and Lilo and Stitch!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:51 pm 
Collector's Edition

RodryCroft wrote:
and all that fabric stuff???

Well, supposedly the swimming looks really good when you see it live. It just doesn't look very special on these pictures.

Also, lots of people have been complaining on the official Twitter and Facebook about the wigs. So I still have hope they'll change it, since this are just try-out performances.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:36 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Funny thing- if this was some sort of avant garde photoshoot inspired by TLM, I'd love the wig. But since it's a stage show, I'd imagine those wigs would be incredibly distracting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:25 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:38 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I still don't like the hair! Why is it like that?! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:08 pm 
Super Genius

supertalies wrote:
The underwater wigs are awful! What were they thinking? :shock

I just died laughing!! WTF are they smoking over there?!?! Oh geez, is this taking place in Amsterdam? That is seriously hideous & ridiculous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:32 pm 
Collector's Edition

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

One of my friends always used to make her hair look like that at parties, by putting a water bottle on her head and tying her hair up around the cap.

LOL, The Little Conehead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:37 am 
Platinum Edition

Well...yea...okay...the wigs are awful.

I still love the idea of her hair flowing up, but I thought it would be loose and actually flow, like a special wig that moved. If only they could make one like that, and flowing more behin her than...straight up...

I'm glad we can see, though, that the long material up to her arms is indeed her fins! If they just made it smaller, and yes, more fin-like!

But Ursula's costume is great! Her wig is fantastic too! Hell, if Ariel's hair was more like that it would be better, ha! I still think Ursula should have a more black dress though, and the people holding her tentacles should just be her poor infortunate souls, and the eels, but whatever.

Ariel's land dress and hair are gooorgeous! Perfect! Well, I think the dress should be longer, but...oh well.

tsom wrote:
I can see why Positoovity should be cut, but if you start Act Two with Beyond My Wildest Dreams, it would take a while before there's any singing in the second act. Therefore, I can see why Positoovity stayed.

Duster, what's wrong with One Step Closer? It's so romantic in my opinion! Better than Her Voice.

Well then I wish Positoovity was just a better song. Or why not move Her Voice to it's spot, where after Ariel dresses, we cut to Eric singing that song, and then he finds her. Like when we see Eric saying "I can't get that girl out of my head" after Ariel surfaces in the original movie.

As for One Step Closer, knowing that it's taken from "jig" in the original movie, I've heard that tune played much better. The song is a beautiful idea, but I don't know if they really did the melody properly or that the lyrics are good enough to really make the idea something great and useful for the show. I feel similarly about Such Wondrous Things regarding the melody.

supertalies wrote:
Ursula doesn't sound more evil, but I think her actions are far more evil than just wanting to get her kingdom back...The Ursula in the movies never killed anyone and was just very good at making deals and using magic...But that's just my opinion. I guess everyone's definition of 'evil' is different. :)

Well actually I fully agree and say you are right for saying Ursula is more eil in actions. What I was saying was that...well okay, the reason people didn't think she was evil in the Broadway version was because of her new song and the way they portrayed her, right? Her actions were still the same as the film's though. And I'm saying that in this show, she has more evil actions, but her song doesn't make her sound more evil, it's stilled played for comedy. So...I dunno, I think her new song should sound more like Poor Unfortunate Souls or actually possibly even Wasting Away, for some reason that song just sounds good to me and I don't know why they didn't stick with it. It sounded more...cabaret, like Poor Unfortunate Souls.

Even after what you said, I'm still concerned about Triton's letting Ariel marry only after the revelation though. : (

But ha, I so agree with you about Ursula and Triton being siblings making little sense because of...well because the movie didn't really do much with it and yea, they're an octopus and a mermaid! Of course, for the same reason I don't know how Triton can produce mermaids with such different hair and tail colors, so since I accept that I can still accept the octopus thing and chock it up to Poseidon being a Greek god so it's kind of a magical/divine thing going on not like real scientific genetics lol. They probably only considered that for the film when she was going to be just a mermaid anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:39 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

The Little Merboy wrote:
Oh geez, is this taking place in Amsterdam?

What's that supposed to mean?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:02 pm 
Collector's Edition

PatrickvD wrote:
The Little Merboy wrote:

Well, the costumes were designed by an American... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:15 pm 
Super Genius

PatrickvD wrote:
The Little Merboy wrote:

Like whoever thought those wigs are okay, is obviously high.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:35 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

The Little Merboy wrote:
PatrickvD wrote:
The Little Merboy wrote:

Sorry for my tone. I'm just sick of moronic tourists asking me 'where I buy my weed'.

Because naturally, we're all drug addicts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:43 am 
Super Genius

PatrickvD wrote:
The Little Merboy wrote:
PatrickvD wrote:
The Little Merboy wrote:

Sorry for my tone. I'm just sick of moronic tourists asking me 'where I buy my weed'.

Because naturally, we're all drug addicts.

I've been to Amsterdam, lovely place. I did get stoned there, best I've ever had. Nothing against you, or your city. It was a joke; as are those wigs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next