LEGO Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.

What is your favorite Lego Disney set so far?

Toy Story
27%
Pirates of the Caribbean
53%
Cars
No votes
Duplo Baby Mickey
No votes
Duplo Toy Story
No votes
Prince of Persia
13%
Duplo Winnie-the-Pooh
7%
Duplo Cars
No votes

Total votes: 15

Atlantica
Signature Collection

Re: LEGO Disney - New Minifigures 5/2016!

Post by Atlantica »

Does anyone know if they are out in the UK at all ?
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Re: LEGO Disney - Trade?

Post by milojthatch »

MICKEYMOUSE wrote:I've bought about 25 and have a few duplicates and need 5 more to complete my collection.

Please let me know who wants to trade: US Only
I have not picked any up yet, but once I do I'll see if you still need to make some trades or not. :D[/quote]
Please do! I really appreciate it! When do you think you will buy them? Also what state are you from? I'm from California.[/quote]

I'm in Southern California. I'm waiting for them to appearing at the LEGO store next month so I can get LEGO VIP points on them. I'm not opposed to buying my LEGO elsewhere, but I rather get them at LEGO Store for the points.
Atlantica wrote:Does anyone know if they are out in the UK at all ?
I know here in the US, some Target Stores have launched them early. I'm not aware of any store in the UK doing that, but either way, they are supposed to officially launch world wide sometime this month in May.

I just did a search on LEGOstore,com, and they were listed, but as "Sold Out". I'd recheck that again later as it may change.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/The-Disney-Series-71012
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
ChrisLyne
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ChrisLyne »

Atlantica wrote:Does anyone know if they are out in the UK at all ?
Yes they are, picked up way too many from WH Smith at Teafford Centre (Manchester) this weekend. Waterstones had them as well.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Re: LEGO Disney - Trade?

Post by milojthatch »

MICKEYMOUSE wrote:I've bought about 25 and have a few duplicates and need 5 more to complete my collection.

I need:
Daisy
Donald
Malifcent
Alice
and Mr Incredible

I have duplicates of:
Cheshire Cat
Aladdin
Stitch
Syndrome

Please let me know who wants to trade: US Only
I don't have any duplicates for the one's your looking for yet, but I've started a new thread for trading LEGO Disney minifigures in the Trade section. http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 42#p693142 I'll update it as I gain new figures.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

I bought six packages yesterday and already got a duplicate lol. Just my luck I guess. I have:
- Minnie Mouse
- Peter Pan
- Maleficent
- Ariel
- Mr. Incredible x2

I'm hoping I'll get Ursula, Aladdin, Genie and Stitch in the next batch...
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Mooky wrote:I bought six packages yesterday and already got a duplicate lol. Just my luck I guess. I have:
- Minnie Mouse
- Peter Pan
- Maleficent
- Ariel
- Mr. Incredible x2

I'm hoping I'll get Ursula, Aladdin, Genie and Stitch in the next batch...
If you are interested, I may have a deal for you. Talk to me in the trade section.

http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 42#p693142

-Walt Disney
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Just got another six -- two of which are duplicates :roll:... My collection has expanded to nine and by the rate this is going I don't think I'll get to collect all 18 lol.

Now I have:
- Mickey Mouse
- Minnie Mouse
- Donald Duck
- Cheshire Cat x2
- Peter Pan
- Maleficent
- Ariel x2
- Mr. Incredible
- Syndrome x2

milojthatch, you have a PM :).
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Re: LEGO Disney - New Set 9/2016!

Post by milojthatch »

The official word about the upcoming LEGO Disney Castle has hit the internet. It comes out in September and will set you back a cool $350! Some here will love that as it does mean the castle will be more detailed, others (like myself) will not like the cost. It will include new Mickey and Minnie minifigures, as well as Donald, Daisy and making her LEGO minifigure debut: Tinker Bell! The back of the castle also has rooms that pay homage to the various princess films and Fantasia. You can check it out on LEGO.com right here:

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/The-Disney-Castle-71040

-Walt Disney
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

I'll be skipping this one lol. I'm still repaying two Lego Creator sets (Parisian Restaurant and Palace Cinema), with my eyes set on two more, so out of Lego Disney stuff I think I'm just going to stick to minifigures.

In other news, I have now completed my Disney minifigures collection :dance:. My favorites are the three villains (such amazing attention to detail), Ariel, Aladdin, Genie and Stitch (super cute!) Looking forward to series 2!
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Just went to the LEGO Store. Apparently the LEGO DIsney minifigure are sold out. However, a second printing is scheduled for the Fall. It seems these figures were more popular than LEGO or Disney expected.

-Walt Disney
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

milojthatch wrote:Just went to the LEGO Store. Apparently the LEGO DIsney minifigure are sold out. However, a second printing is scheduled for the Fall. It seems these figures were more popular than LEGO or Disney expected.

Really? :shock:

At least I could get the three figures that I wanted: Genie, Maleficent and Ursula, which fit perfectly with my LEGO "Disney Princess" sets! : 8)

Now I have 7 princesses, but I hope they make a Snow White set, soon!
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

The new LEGO Disney Castle set is out today for VIP members. Anyone here picking it up?

-Walt Disney
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

milojthatch wrote:The new LEGO Disney Castle set is out today for VIP members. Anyone here picking it up?
Sometimes they release an exclusive minifigure themed to the latest big release but the minifigure can only be obtained with a large purchase. So I might wait around to see if that happens here. People are hoping for Goofy or Cinderella l.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

JeanGreyForever wrote:
milojthatch wrote:The new LEGO Disney Castle set is out today for VIP members. Anyone here picking it up?
Sometimes they release an exclusive minifigure themed to the latest big release but the minifigure can only be obtained with a large purchase. So I might wait around to see if that happens here. People are hoping for Goofy or Cinderella l.
I loved to see either Goofy or Cinderella. Goofy especially would make sense since Mickey and Donald have been done twice.

I've also been sad there were not more minifigures with the castle. I feel like there should have been.

-Walt Disney
sunhuntin
Special Edition

Post by sunhuntin »

literally just sorted out a deal with a local guy who bought two, which is good for me as i can pay one off over 6 weeks instead of having to pay $600NZD in a lump sum. i also read on the eurobricks lego forum that they have apparently cancelled any furthur VIP/early access orders in order to have enough stock for the general release in september. i have heard of lego stores selling out entirely within half hour of the store opening.
big kid at heart
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

sunhuntin wrote:literally just sorted out a deal with a local guy who bought two, which is good for me as i can pay one off over 6 weeks instead of having to pay $600NZD in a lump sum. i also read on the eurobricks lego forum that they have apparently cancelled any furthur VIP/early access orders in order to have enough stock for the general release in september. i have heard of lego stores selling out entirely within half hour of the store opening.
Wow, that's crazy. I guess I stand corrected, Disney fans have more money than sense. I mean that in the best possible way of course. I honestly didn't see these doing as well due to their high price tag. Amazing.

-Walt Disney
sunhuntin
Special Edition

Post by sunhuntin »

milojthatch wrote:
Wow, that's crazy. I guess I stand corrected, Disney fans have more money than sense. I mean that in the best possible way of course. I honestly didn't see these doing as well due to their high price tag. Amazing.
its more than just disney fans getting in on this, its fans of lego castles, modulars and all sorts. im both disney and lego, so this was a no brainer despite the price tag. on one hand, i cant really afford it, but on the other hand, i really cant afford what the resellers will want for it once it goes out of stock!

my biggest issue is where im going to put it... its 84cm tall and 40-odd cm across. truly an epic build.

o yeah... there are rumors of at least moana based sets. they will be like the disney princess ones furthur up the page, though maui is a thought to be a big-fig, like the hulk.
big kid at heart
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

sunhuntin wrote:
milojthatch wrote:
its more than just disney fans getting in on this, its fans of lego castles, modulars and all sorts. im both disney and lego, so this was a no brainer despite the price tag. on one hand, i cant really afford it, but on the other hand, i really cant afford what the resellers will want for it once it goes out of stock!

my biggest issue is where im going to put it... its 84cm tall and 40-odd cm across. truly an epic build.

o yeah... there are rumors of at least moana based sets. they will be like the disney princess ones furthur up the page, though maui is a thought to be a big-fig, like the hulk.
For me (and I'm sure a lot of LEGO fans can understand this), I lack the space and the money for LEGO sets. It really is an expensive hobby. Despite that I do what I can and end up for now mostly focus on minifigures with the idea that I'll build my own original sets later.

Honestly, if I had $350 right now, I'd rather get the Ghostbuster's firehouse set. That thing is cool! The only thing from the Disney castle that interests me is Tinker Bell, and I'll pick her up in a few months on Bricklink. I'm much more interested in Disney minifigures than expensive sets. I pray for a LEGO Scrooge McDuck, even though I don't expect it to happen.

-Walt Disney
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

No Disney Castle for me; I splurged my money on this instead:

milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Mooky wrote:No Disney Castle for me; I splurged my money on this instead:

Fully agreed! I'd love to pick that set up! :D

-Walt Disney