Cinderella: Diamond Edition - ETA 2012

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

In an early alert to retailers Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment has made public their plans to bring the two direct-to-video sequels "Cinderella II: Dreams Come True" and "Cinderella III: A Twist in Time" as a 2 Movie Collection to Blu-ray Disc on November 20th. Tech specs for the two films have not been officially detailed but stay tuned; although you can very likely it to be full 1080p Hi-Def video and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The 2-movie collection is already available for pre-order over at Amazon with a $27.99 price tag. The release will come in the form of a "combo pack" with the two films being included on one Blu-ray and individually in standard definition on two DVDs. The bonus materials indicated to be included on the release are listed below.

"Becoming a Princess: 1st Edition"
"Becoming a Princess: 2nd Edition"
"Put It Together" Music Video
"Musical Magic"
Source: http://www.highdefdiscnews.com/?p=81999
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I really like the cover :D
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Matt wrote:Hey guys, check out this music video I put together for the song "Beautiful" Sung by "Wayne Brady and piano by Jim Brickman"

http://youtu.be/QybsSp2h_5A

Tell me what you guys think. :D
That was great! I've seen it before, haven't I, unless you changed it since then? You know, it's like perfect except for one tiny thing, and that's that I think you need to have Cinderella holding the remaining glass slipper replace the part with her pumpkin being smashed, because I think it makes more sense as a lead in to seeing the slipper fit. I also want to mention it was perfect how any time the Fairy Godmother's magic did something it perfectly fit the magic chime sound effect in the music! Very good!
Dosencola

Post by Dosencola »

A German website has posted several preview covers of the upcoming Cinderella releases. Though they are not final (and here in Germany they sometimes change a lot!) they give us a little impression of how it might look like. The first one is the same as the one in the older post, but a little bit sharper and with better colors. I hope this helps

Image Image :)
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Thank you Dosencola! Please tell me where this web site is so I can see the other covers and then if they ever update and change the covers! What does E & M! mean?

Wow, the 2 movie collection looks very beautiful in sharp clarity! Seems they use the Twist in Time image that had the palace clock and Cinderella's chateau garden (which I now see looks like a cross between the palace gardens too?) on the red side and the blue side may be using one of Twist in Time's background images, and it's actually gorgeous like that film often is. But I wonder what image is in the background of the Twist in Time only cover, it looks lovely and like it could be taken right from the film, too.

Cinderella's hair is off though. For the first Twist in Time cover, I can be pretty certain they made her hair so...tall to make her slighlty taller than Lady Tremaine and have more prominence, but the cover cut it off so you didn't see how bad it looked. Then every time they used that image smaller, you could see how bad her hair needed to be made as on-model as the rest of her, like here once again. Plus, I don't like them re-using any previous art either (not counting titles), which they did with her and the stepsisters, and on Twist in Time, also the mice and the Prince on the horse.

The Fairy Godmother is a great new addition but looks awkward, mainly only on the 2 movie collection cover. She could be re-drawn, or even have a whole new position of her and the wand and her expression. She was re-drawn in the cover Sotiris posted but I think she actually looked better and also fit better in the composition in the first one, though either way it still doesn't feel right to me, it's still awkward.

Finally, the composition of the Twist in Time cover probably should be better, I bet they'll fix it since you said they change their covers around a lot. And some of it might be better just if they re-draw things to fit it instead of recompositing old images into something new. I really hope all the re-used pictures are just temporary placeholders for the final images. And what is up with the mice having the key for the 2nd movie, it only makes sense for the first and third movie!

I played around with the Twist in Time cover, and a good fix to me would be moving the Prince to the opposite side of the sisters, in other words the right side of the title, move Jaq to the lower left and Gus to the right, and have magic just swirling around the bottom like the magic did when time changed, and the magic forms into that zig-zag to the top. So then all the images are floating around in a more sensical fashion as the magic of the wand is doing it, showing random scenes just like when the time turned back...ooohhhh!!! And possibly the castle in the distance where the Prince was, willow tree hangings on the left where the chandelier and whatever it is was (the same kind of hangings you can see on the red side of the 2 movie collection).
Marcos

Post by Marcos »

I just wish they would make for the Blu-Ray release something classy as Japan did for the triology... do you remember it guys? That was really a collector's edition. I'll post some pics:

tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

Wow, that looks classy and beautiful and not girly at all!!! Thanks for sharing that!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Amazon.co.uk Cinderella Trilogy. These are separate. Now, which one to get?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cinderella-Box- ... d_add_1_dp
Scamander
Special Edition

Post by Scamander »

Lnds500 wrote:Amazon.co.uk Cinderella Trilogy. These are separate. Now, which one to get?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cinderella-Box- ... d_add_1_dp
"Number of Discs: 2"
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Scamander wrote:"Number of Discs: 2"
:shock: you're right. the box is definitely oversized then :?
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Marcos wrote:I just wish they would make for the Blu-Ray release something classy as Japan did for the triology... do you remember it guys? That was really a collector's edition. I'll post some pics:

oh, wow! this is incredible! so classy and beautiful.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I'm in amazement. :o I've seen some nice overseas sets for Disney films (particularly a French one for Pocahontas), but that is gorgeous. It just makes me hate Disney more for not releasing things like that in North America. :cry:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

Disney Duster wrote:
Matt wrote:Hey guys, check out this music video I put together for the song "Beautiful" Sung by "Wayne Brady and piano by Jim Brickman"

http://youtu.be/QybsSp2h_5A

Tell me what you guys think. :D
That was great! I've seen it before, haven't I, unless you changed it since then? You know, it's like perfect except for one tiny thing, and that's that I think you need to have Cinderella holding the remaining glass slipper replace the part with her pumpkin being smashed, because I think it makes more sense as a lead in to seeing the slipper fit. I also want to mention it was perfect how any time the Fairy Godmother's magic did something it perfectly fit the magic chime sound effect in the music! Very good!
Yes, you did see this, I showed it to you when I first made the music video.

I saw something like this when Jim Brickman's Disney Songbook came out on his website, so I was looking all over the internet for it, but couldn't find it because Disney took it down.

So I remember how it went and put it together lol. :lol:
Everything fits so perfect because I think this is what Disney did (Some things might be off but I love it!) They edit a few parts out which I did and it all fits well. That's why I loved it! :D

I don't believe they showed Cinderella with the broken slipper because of the timing in the video. All the other stuff would not have fit in the end. I do remember the pumpkin begining crushed and I remember seeing it in the video and it fits in because of the magic part as well. It was a perfect fit!

I also like the Christmas version too, I did. :)
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Japanese Disney covers and posters are very classy and tasteful, I'd wish Disney would do the same in the rest of the world. Appeal to Disney/movie fans, movie collectors and adults, not only to the kids.
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Marcos, that's great! Yes it's very classy and fabulous (I've seen it before) except for some things they got wrong, like the inside of Fairy Godmother's sleeves aren't pink but also I find it weird she's there on some blue panel covering the rest of the ballroom.
Matt wrote:I don't believe they showed Cinderella with the broken slipper because of the timing in the video. All the other stuff would not have fit in the end. I do remember the pumpkin begining crushed and I remember seeing it in the video and it fits in because of the magic part as well. It was a perfect fit!

I also like the Christmas version too, I did. :)
I meant holding her slipper after the pumpkin got smashed, you know, when she takes it off her foot. The magic chim sound effect happens when the mice change, then they actually skip the part of Cinderella and the animals running away into the bushes to show the pumpkin get smashed, and I think if Disney did that they shouldn't have, I think they should have shown her holding the last glass slipper instead.

But if you like it the way it is, I have to admit its great! What Christmas version did you do?
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Suprised this hasn't been posted yet. The Cinderella Metal Pak Steelbook collectible case.

:shock: Looks GORGEOUS!!! Hopefully Best Buy will be getting this as they have for the previous Diamond Editions. Can't wait to get my hands on one. I also wonder what the back looks like.

Duster, what's the verdict?
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Wow, THAT is what should be the front cover of the Blu/DVD ! Absolutley magical; simple and so Classic.

Its a shame that Disney UK have now adopted the 'III' for Twist In Time now, as per the boxset. The orginal release never had the numerals.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Well...it looks great. It really is class and magical.

But of course, I already own that cover on a much cooler kind of set, with sketches and a book. They were lazy and re-used old art, which as you know I hate and it really is lazy no matter what my personal opinion.

I planned out my own version for what the steelbook would look like, I was going to post it on that forum where they ask what steelbooks you want and I know my chances would be slim to none, but I was hoping Disney would pick it up. But I have a gigantic problem of never doing even what I want to do on time. So...I'm sad. But you guys who never bought the wonderful gift set will enjoy this. I'll still draw and post my version of what I wished the cover would be though.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

And also, I wondered why we are getting this release so early ? Like, in September ? Surely, they want the Christmas market ?

Spetember just doesnt seem like a very special time for a huge release ...