Wreck-It Ralph (formerly Reboot Ralph)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

Found this info on StichKingdom regarding the Original Songs for Wreck-it Ralph:

Ralph’s quest leads him to the intense, cy-bug-infested world of Hero’s Duty, where he hopes to land a medal. Underscoring the chaos and excitement of the first-person shooter game, GRAMMY®-winning artist Skrillex wrote the game-play music, ‘Bug Hunt,’ hand-picking Netherlands’ producers/DJs/videogame soundtrack composers Noisia to remix the track for the album. “The mood of that game world is high-energy and futuristic. I make music with many different colors of the emotional spectrum–this reflects a more aggressive side of my music.”

Japan’s pop phenomenon AKB48 accompanies Ralph to the land of sweets with the aptly named theme song ‘Sugar Rush.’ ‘We’ve always thought of Sugar Rush — with its nod to anime — as a game that may have originated in Japan,’ said Spencer. ‘So we went to Japan and got the hottest J-pop group to perform the song that really sets the tone for this ’90s-era cart-racing game: young and hip.’

Owl City (‘Fireflies,’ ‘Good Time’) provides an upbeat and story-driven cap to the film with ‘When Can I See You Again?’ According to singer/songwriter/instrumentalist Adam Young, the song offers a bit of an emotional tug-of-war. ‘It’s a very bouncy, happy, uplifting song, but there’s a bittersweet part of it, leaving a key relationship in the film open-ended.’

Also contributing to the end credits are Buckner & Garcia, the team behind the 1982 Top-10 hit ‘Pac-Man Fever.’ Jerry Buckner of Buckner & Garcia co-produced the song ‘Wreck-It, Wreck-It Ralph’ with hit songwriter/producer Jamie Houston (Steven Tyler, Macy Gray). ‘It was great to be invited to contribute a song to the movie and soundtrack,’ said Buckner. ‘The song has an ’80s pop flavor with a contemporary twist — we’re really happy with how it turned out.’
LySs
Gold Classic Collection

Post by LySs »

You know, I find it ironic that Sarah Silverman is in this movie considering this video was made a few years ago.

<object width="370" height="220" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.babelgum.com/embed/4020786"><param name="movie" value="http://www.babelgum.com/embed/4020786"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="never"></param><embed src="http://www.babelgum.com/embed/4020786" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="never" allowfullscreen="true" width="370" height="220"> </embed></object>
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

For those of you who're downloading the trailer on itunes, last night, the 1080p version kept freezing on the Disney logo. It was a problem with the file, as converting to my PS3 format didnt help.

the 720p version is much better.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

estefan wrote:
DisneyJedi wrote:To be honest, while I am getting more and more stoked for this, while trying not to spoil myself with sneak peeks, I am sort of nervous about whether it will be a financial/critical hit for Disney or it will end up blowing up in their faces. :(
I think it will be a huge hit for Disney. I think they will definitely attract video game fans, but others will probably check it out, too. This has actually been a very strong year for animation, box-office wise.
yeah, youtube comments all over are like "I never thought I'd be this excited to see a Disney movie".
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

LySs wrote:You know, I find it ironic that Sarah Silverman is in this movie considering this video was made a few years ago.

<object width="370" height="220" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.babelgum.com/embed/4020786"><param name="movie" value="http://www.babelgum.com/embed/4020786"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="never"></param><embed src="http://www.babelgum.com/embed/4020786" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="never" allowfullscreen="true" width="370" height="220"> </embed></object>
I don't know if that is ironic or karma at work. They made fun of Disney, and years later one of its participants is working on a major Disney feature. It's even funnier when you know that Sarah Silverman is Jewish. That just inspires another kind of joke I will not dare talk about... :p
ImageImageImageImage

DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

LySs wrote:You know, I find it ironic that Sarah Silverman is in this movie considering this video was made a few years ago.

Even Disney has made fun of itself before. Look at their movie "Enchanted".
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

New posters!

Exclusive Wreck-It Ralph Posters Feature Video Game Icons
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/18/ ... game-icons
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

And all the talk is about the cameos.

How many people are gonna be disappointed that their favorite characters on these posters are at best in the background or in one scene?

And as usual, no mention of the fact that it's Rich Moore, an emmy-winning director.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Steve Hulett wrote:I spent part of my morning climbing up and down stairs at the hat building. Also, too, going into board artists' rooms and animators' rooms ...

The lighting crew is right on top of the end of the movie. As one tech director said:

"We've been working long days and seven day weeks. It's been pretty intense. But now we're doing our last shots ..."

But the most interesting piece of the movie that I saw today were the end credits. They're witty and zippy and, as a couple of people said, fit neatly into the plot countours of the picture. How they came about is equally interesting:

"Management didn't want to spend a lot of money on the end credits, and there wasn't a lot of time left. So animators came up with end credit ideas. We boarded it, and passed out pieces of the credits to different animators. People had their own little section to work on.

We worked through it quickly, the executives looked at it and said 'Yeah, this works,' and it was done. There was very little that got changed. The whole thing went right through, and the animators got to have a lot of input. It was nice to do more than just move the characters around ..."

Sort of like the old days.

Not to reveal anything, but the end credits are effective, (and I'm not going to piss people at Disney off by revealing them here.) Further, nobody had to spend months noodling them to death. Just pitch the idea ... do the boards ... animate ... and done.
Source: http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... e-hat.html
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

Sotiris wrote:
Steve Hulett wrote:I spent part of my morning climbing up and down stairs at the hat building. Also, too, going into board artists' rooms and animators' rooms ...

The lighting crew is right on top of the end of the movie. As one tech director said:

"We've been working long days and seven day weeks. It's been pretty intense. But now we're doing our last shots ..."

But the most interesting piece of the movie that I saw today were the end credits. They're witty and zippy and, as a couple of people said, fit neatly into the plot countours of the picture. How they came about is equally interesting:

"Management didn't want to spend a lot of money on the end credits, and there wasn't a lot of time left. So animators came up with end credit ideas. We boarded it, and passed out pieces of the credits to different animators. People had their own little section to work on.

We worked through it quickly, the executives looked at it and said 'Yeah, this works,' and it was done. There was very little that got changed. The whole thing went right through, and the animators got to have a lot of input. It was nice to do more than just move the characters around ..."

Sort of like the old days.

Not to reveal anything, but the end credits are effective, (and I'm not going to piss people at Disney off by revealing them here.) Further, nobody had to spend months noodling them to death. Just pitch the idea ... do the boards ... animate ... and done.
Source: http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... e-hat.html
Great to see their just about done Ralph. Soon it will be time to work on a new feature with even more pressure at stake: Frozen. Yep, I'm sure their looking forward to that :roll: Frozen will will have so much pressure on the animators at Disney that they will miss the 7 working days on Ralph.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

‘Wreck-It Ralph’ Characters Are Coming to Disney Parks This November
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... -november/
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

DisneyEra wrote:
Great to see their just about done Ralph. Soon it will be time to work on a new feature with even more pressure at stake: Frozen. Yep, I'm sure their looking forward to that :roll: Frozen will will have so much pressure on the animators at Disney that they will miss the 7 working days on Ralph.
ImageImageImageImage

DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

pap64 wrote:
DisneyEra wrote: Great to see their just about done Ralph. Soon it will be time to work on a new feature with even more pressure at stake: Frozen. Yep, I'm sure their looking forward to that :roll: Frozen will will have so much pressure on the animators at Disney that they will miss the 7 working days on Ralph.
It's both, Frye.
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

I couldn't resist, I just read the Wreck-It Ralph coloring book & saw major spoilers regarding 2 characters! I won't reveal it but I will say this, they are not who they appear to be :o
Last edited by DisneyEra on Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

^next time, dont say anything at all.

Assuming that's at all what I think it is.
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

ajmrowland wrote:^next time, dont say anything at all.

I didn't spoil anything. All I said were that 2 characters are not who they appear to be. They can be anything!
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

DisneyEra wrote:I couldn't resist, I just read the Wreck-It Ralph coloring book & saw major spoilers regarding 2 characters! I won't reveal it but I will say this, they are not who they appear to be :o
They did that with Brave !

headesk !
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

DisneyEra wrote:
ajmrowland wrote:^next time, dont say anything at all.

I didn't spoil anything. All I said were that 2 characters are not who they appear to be. They can be anything!
yeah, i dont really blame you, but that phrase has been coined to mean "they're the exact opposite of what they appear" :wink:
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

DisneyEra wrote:I couldn't resist, I just read the Wreck-It Ralph coloring book & saw major spoilers regarding 2 characters! I won't reveal it but I will say this, they are not who they appear to be :o
I have a bad feeling one of them is Felix. :(

Or that king guy turns out to be a jerk like that mother****** Lotso.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

^I used to think that, but now i dont.