Wreck-It Ralph (formerly Reboot Ralph)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyAnimation88 »

Disney Duster wrote:Toy Story 3 was depressing and had an ending that made no sense (toys live forever and move on to other owners while their owners die, such a happy ending!)
:? Where in Toy Story 3 does the toys' owner die or anything like that mentioned? The ending made perfect sense; the toys had fulfilled their purpose of being with Andy through his childhood and now that he had grown up and was going to college, he gifted them to another child so that they could continue to provide the happiness that they had given him. I don't know about anyone else but I thought that it was a pretty perfect ending to the series.
Disney Duster wrote:I hope the actual movie is not so. I mean, they even inserted a modern pop song into it. WTF.
Didn't they use a Pink song in one of the trailers for Tangled?
victurtle wrote:This is supposed to be art, and art should be allowed to be unique and consumed subjectively. People might say The Sword in the Stone is not upto Disney's standards, but that doesn't change the fact that I enjoy it more than others that 'make the standard'.
I agree.
Last edited by DisneyAnimation88 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We're not going to Guam, are we?
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Disney Duster wrote:That trailer was one of the most un-Disney things I could have ever seen.

I hope the actual movie is not so. I mean, they even inserted a modern pop song into it. WTF.
OH THE HUMANITY!!

estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Disney Duster wrote: They are only number one in popularity and money making. Okay, yea, and they also made films that subjectively you must say are a high quality in terms of having tight story and characters that develop and good animation. Except that Wall-E had a bad second half, Toy Story 3 was depressing and had an ending that made no sense (toys live forever and move on to other owners while their owners die, such a happy ending!) and you already know about all the Cars movies.
I guess you missed the extremely enthusiastic critical reviews Pixar tends to receive. With the exceptions of the Cars flicks and maybe A Bug's Life, every single Pixar film have been hugely acclaimed and often named one of the best of their respective years by a lot of film critics. Wall-E having a bad ending and Toy Story 3 being depressing is your opinion and not the majority view-point by film critics and the average viewing public. I constantly see the Toy Story series, Finding Nemo, Wall-E, The Incredibles and Ratatouille named as some of the best animated films of all-time (alongside the likes of Snow White, Pinocchio, Fantasia, Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King).
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Ah, the Disney/Un-Disney debate comes back from the dead and attends beaten dead horses anonymous.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

estefan wrote: I constantly see the Toy Story series, Finding Nemo, Wall-E, The Incredibles and Ratatouille named as some of the best animated films of all-time.
It always goes with the times. I'm sure TLM, B&tB, and TLK were thought of as the best of all time (outshining older films) when they were in their heyday. Ratatouille--one of the best films of all time? :lol:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

^Yeah, but we're talking movies that stay after a few years.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

DisneyDude2010 wrote:
also the trailer has gained over half a million views in one day! I find that pretty impresses myself. I don't even think Brave had that :D
Didn't the trailer for Les Miserables (despite that being a totally different movie) do that as well? Anyways, when I saw Bowser in the trailer, I admit that I kind of let loose with a fanboy scream. :oops: Except more like a 'Squee! X3' kind of thing, not like shrieking. :P
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

God you're hopeless.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Hey, I'm a fan of Bowser's. What'd you expect? :P
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Hahah no I meant Duster. Sorry :lol:
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Post by Semaj »

Avaitor wrote: Egghead?

Eggman?

Fuck that noise. It's Robotnik.
This.

The movie looks pretty interesting. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
Neal
Anniversary Edition

Post by Neal »

I hope there's a good number more cameos than just what was previewed - sometimes trailers can be a little too revealing and thereby misleading.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

DisneyAnimation88 wrote:Where in Toy Story 3 does the toys' owner die or anything like that mentioned? The ending made perfect sense; the toys had fulfilled their purpose of being with Andy through his childhood and now that he had grown up and was going to college, he gifted them to another child so that they could continue to provide the happiness that they had given him. I don't know about anyone else but I thought that it was a pretty perfect ending to the series.
You have to think farther about what will happen later. If you don't want to think further with the movie, it's not your opinion, it's just you accepting what they tell you will be happy without showing you.
DisneyAnimation88 wrote:Didn't they use a Pink song in one of the trailers for Tangled?
Yea, which is why I hope it turns out like that one too.
estefan wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:They are only number one in popularity and money making. Okay, yea, and they also made films that subjectively you must say are a high quality in terms of having tight story and characters that develop and good animation. Except that Wall-E had a bad second half, Toy Story 3 was depressing and had an ending that made no sense (toys live forever and move on to other owners while their owners die, such a happy ending!) and you already know about all the Cars movies.
I guess you missed the extremely enthusiastic critical reviews Pixar tends to receive. With the exceptions of the Cars flicks and maybe A Bug's Life, every single Pixar film have been hugely acclaimed and often named one of the best of their respective years by a lot of film critics. Wall-E having a bad ending and Toy Story 3 being depressing is your opinion and not the majority view-point by film critics and the average viewing public. I constantly see the Toy Story series, Finding Nemo, Wall-E, The Incredibles and Ratatouille named as some of the best animated films of all-time (alongside the likes of Snow White, Pinocchio, Fantasia, Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King).
Yea, this is covered by when I said subjectively you can see they do high quality stuff. Disney's still got their own unique standard a Disney forum would make more sense caring about over Pixar's standards.
SWillie! wrote:God you're hopeless.
I don't want what Disney is to die.
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

Disney Duster wrote:You have to think farther about what will happen later. If you don't want to think further with the movie, it's not your opinion, it's just you accepting what they tell you will be happy without showing you.
:? I don't even know how to properly reply to this. All I can think to say is that you could apply this logic to any film that you see; at the end of Cinderella, you see her marry her prince but how do you know that it will be a happy marriage? Surely, we as an audience are accepting what Disney tells us is happy but they aren't showing it to us. Either way, I don't think what you're saying is a fair criticism at all; if I said that I didn't like Cinderella because, hypothetically, Cinderella and Prince Charming could have a terrible marriage, split up and die miserable and alone, I have a feeling that not many would take that as a justifiable reason. Of course a toy's owner will eventually die but for the life of me, I don't see what that has to do with the story that is told in Toy Story and why you apply real-world logic like this to a Pixar film but you don't to Disney films.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh no you can apply that logic to Disney films.

You see unlike Toy Story 3 many Disney films including Cinderella do say "they lived happily ever after" so you do know that they stayed together and lived happily ever after for a fact.

But in Toy Story 3 not only do they not say that, but you know that Andy is going to have to die, there's no ifs, he's going to have to, and they seem to say that what happens is the toys just get passed on and there owners visit and they remember them when they can. Have we also seen if toys can die yet? I think they should get to die so they don't have endure eternal pain of knowing their beloved owners are dead and they keep getting passed around.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

^But your forgeting what Toy Story 2 said: eventually toys die too. Maybe not as quick as was implied, but rarely will the TS characters really, really last in their world.

the only thing that doesnt make sense to me is how was woody taking it so hard when, considering he's a family toy, he's gone through the growing up process before?
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/06/09/t ... k-it-ralph

I haven't seen this posted on the forum so far but this website takes a little bit more of a detailed look at the classic video game characters seen in the trailer and mentions a couple of Street Fighter characters I hadn't noticed before.
qindarka
Special Edition

Post by qindarka »

ajmrowland wrote:^But your forgeting what Toy Story 2 said: eventually toys die too. Maybe not as quick as was implied, but rarely will the TS characters really, really last in their world.

the only thing that doesnt make sense to me is how was woody taking it so hard when, considering he's a family toy, he's gone through the growing up process before?
I think Toy Story 2 implies that toys will 'die' when their owner grows up but Toy Story 3 seems to subvert that with its ending.
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

ajmrowland wrote:the only thing that doesnt make sense to me is how was woody taking it so hard when, considering he's a family toy, he's gone through the growing up process before?
Hmmm, your right. He reacts as if its the very first time. I never caught that!
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Disney Duster wrote:
DisneyAnimation88 wrote:Didn't they use a Pink song in one of the trailers for Tangled?
Yea, which is why I hope it turns out like that one too.
...financially and critically successful?
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"