Wreck-It Ralph (formerly Reboot Ralph)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Tangled
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tangled »

ajmrowland wrote:To add to what Pap said, I do think the fact that it's CGI helped a little.............*crickets*
Honestly, how could this movie be anything other than typical CGI unless they made it look completely 8-bit? :roll: Most of the iconic video game characters they used are typically in 3D games anyway.

Part of the reason I was so excited for this movie after seeing the first trailer was because I went "OMG Robotnik and Bowser and the others look exactly like they do in their current gen games." :float:
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

yeah, they do dont they?

Speaking of that scene, who would've guessed that (Highlight to read) that room they were in was in the Pacman Mansion? I never would've guessed from the trailers.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Saw this movie just now and love it.

The bad guy look very similar to the Mad Hatter from Disney's Alice in Wonderland.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

^ that's easy to consider a spoiler. I know if i'd posted that on a certain site i'd be hange for it, and I have been for not meeting a 3 month requirement.

Edit: I know, :different site, Different rules" but the movie is only a week old, so nitpicking about spoilers is logical.
seanjonmc
Limited Issue

Post by seanjonmc »

Saw this last night and loved it! Great film.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

Saw it tonight with my niece! Loved it! :D
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

I was considering what to make for a gingerbread sculpture contest my town holds each year in December and I'm leaning towards making a go cart because I'm inspired by the candy go carts in this movie. I wish I had a mini game to make mine! :wink:
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Liked the movie, but these dumb ass kids were running up and down the stairs through much of the second half of the movie. Was tempted to complain to the stunned parent or just kick the brats in the back of the head to speed up their descent.

Wasn't that busy a show, but there's always one idiot.
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

My friends and I saw this movie, and I was blown away! That is one of the best Disney Animated Feature, despite that it's not hand drawn. I wish Sugar Rush is a real video game. :wink:
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Sky Syndrome wrote:I was considering what to make for a gingerbread sculpture contest my town holds each year in December and I'm leaning towards making a go cart because I'm inspired by the candy go carts in this movie. I wish I had a mini game to make mine! :wink:
I'll do ya one better: Gingerbread Ralph! :D
Flanger-Hanger wrote:Liked the movie, but these dumb ass kids were running up and down the stairs through much of the second half of the movie. Was tempted to complain to the stunned parent or just kick the brats in the back of the head to speed up their descent.

Normally never happens at any movies I go to. You should've just complained to an employee and thusly, send that woman a warning she might've listened to. Isnt that how people get kicked out?
TsWade2 wrote:My friends and I saw this movie, and I was blown away! That is one of the best Disney Animated Feature, despite that it's not hand drawn. I wish Sugar Rush is a real video game. :wink:
Well, I personally wasnt "blown away by it" but a few moments I kind of was. Having known previous works of Rich Moore and Jim Reardon(who was a writer on this film I think) add them to Disney and Pixar and suddenly you have a lot of talented storytellers.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

Flanger-Hanger wrote:Liked the movie, but these dumb ass kids were running up and down the stairs through much of the second half of the movie. Was tempted to complain to the stunned parent or just kick the brats in the back of the head to speed up their descent.

I def feel your pain lol.

When I saw Beauty and the Beast 3D, it was only my dad and I, and a boy with his mom and this stupid girl with her annoying father!

They talked so loud that I wanted to go behind them and punch them in the face! How retarded could a parent be?! He also was shining his cell phone light to see who was in the theater and saw only four people and kept on talking louder with his annoying daughter. I know saying shhh is annoying but I had too, and they still kept on talking!

If I could smack them in the back of the head and get away with it, I would have lol. They messed up the whole movie! ughh! :(

Makes me so mad! :x
sunhuntin
Special Edition

Post by sunhuntin »

feel your pain, guys. when we went to princess and the frog, there was a group of tween girls in front of us. likely a birthday party. two kept on whispering, depsite their friends telling them to shush. in the end, i kicked their seats and when they turned around i told them either be quiet, or leave. they ended moving down the front of the cinema, away from their friends and most other patrons.

nowadays, i usually go to the next town over on a weekday. quite often theres only myself and a handful of other people and we can all sit spaced out enough to forget theres anyone else in the room. one time i went, i was all alone. funny how childhood training sticks... was quiet when getting lollies from a bag etc, even though i could only annoy myself, lmfao.
big kid at heart
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

ajmrowland wrote:
Sky Syndrome wrote:I was considering what to make for a gingerbread sculpture contest my town holds each year in December and I'm leaning towards making a go cart because I'm inspired by the candy go carts in this movie. I wish I had a mini game to make mine! :wink:
I'll do ya one better: Gingerbread Ralph! :D
Having a foot tall Gingerbread Ralph there would be funny! Most of the sculptures each year are houses.
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

I saw it in 3D and I've gotta say, even with the hype, I enjoyed it more then I thought. Most of my complaints are just little things but the core of this movie is rock solid. What drives the story are some interesting, well-developed characters that we actually care about and their very human relationships. I went in expecting some laughs and even some nerdgasms at the video game cameos but found myself almost tearing up in a couple of places (those of you who have seen it probably know what I'm talking about).

There were a couple of minor things that bothered me, like Sugar Rush having HD graphics on the screen when it's a game from 1997 (I love the Mario Kart font). I felt like a change of scenery was needed during the last half of the movie, as Sugar Rush was beginning to overstay it's welcome (with all the cringe-worthy duty jokes and candy puns), although I'm not sure how they would've worked that into the story, since that's where the heart of the movie takes place. The ending also comes dangerously close to being too formulaic but it avoids the "all the characters from the movie come to the rescue where a whacky battle ensues" ending that soo many Disney films fall trap to (which is a pet peeve of mine), so I can live with it. Normally I have more negative stuff to say and who knows, I may later on after multiple viewings but for now, I'm impressed with Disney for the first time in about a decade.

Note: Love the Candy King's walk cycle. Was cracking up seeing his feet spin around everytime he lifted his legs.
Jules wrote:http://www.cartoonbrew.com/disney/what- ... 72877.html

I'm of the idea that Rich Moore was joking, but if he wasn't, then I'm a little disappointed in him.
He had to have been joking. During the credits I recognized some former Dreamworks artists' names (incredibly talented ones I might add).
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

I'm so happy WIR is doing well at the Box Office!
Looks like WDAS will beat PIXAR again, just like they did with Tangled!!
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
qindarka
Special Edition

Post by qindarka »

DisneyDude2010 wrote:I'm so happy WIR is doing well at the Box Office!
Looks like WDAS will beat PIXAR again, just like they did with Tangled!!
Tangled beat Toy Story 3? I think Tangled is the better movie but Toy Story 3 both got better reviews and made much more money.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

I was confused at first, but I'm thinking maybe DisneyDude meant Tangled did better than Cars 2.

Of course, going by that release pattern, then we don't know if Wreck-It Ralph will do better than Monsters University since the latter isn't out until next summer.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

estefan wrote:I was confused at first, but I'm thinking maybe DisneyDude meant Tangled did better than Cars 2.

Of course, going by that release pattern, then we don't know if Wreck-It Ralph will do better than Monsters University since the latter isn't out until next summer.
I'm more intrested in which film will make more 2014, Pixar's The Good Dinosaur or Disney/Marvel's Big Hero 6 :D
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Post by Semaj »

Saw it.

It really is one of Disney's best, 2D or 3D. I loved how the characters in Fix-it Felix's world moved, and I particularly liked Sarah Silverman's characterization as Vanellope.

In fact, if you noticed, the main characters were more or less modeled after their respective voice artists, which of course is nothing new to Disney animation.
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Super Aurora wrote:Saw this movie just now and love it.

The bad guy look very similar to the Mad Hatter from Disney's Alice in Wonderland.
Spoiler! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: I have to wait for my sister to see it. But, to be fair, I had a idea it was him