Zootopia

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Re: "Tangled" directors reuniting for new movie

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Disneyphile wrote: Walt Disney Animation and Pixar won't comment on animated projects in development, and it's rare when information on one leaks.
Oh really? :P :P :P :P
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

But sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the new project is an untitled animal comedy that does not yet have a release date.
"Untitled Animal comedy" huh? The Stooge perhaps? ;)

I might be in denial in that but come on, how cool would that be? :lol:
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

It seems the rumors that Greno and Howard are working on different films turned out to be true. I wonder what happened. They were initially working together on an original film.

As for this project, I can't say that an "animal comedy" gets me excited. I usually prefer animated films that are human-centred.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
russds

Post by russds »

Sotiris wrote:I can't say that an "animal comedy" gets me excited. I usually prefer animated films that are human-centred.
Same here. I liked Bolt, but I loved Tangled. I will be very interested to see what they come up with. Also, interested to see how they might do solo, instead of as a duo.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Honor Hunter wrote:As of right now, the next film after 2014, is the new film from Byron Howard in 2016. This is the film you've heard the rumors about Jason Bateman starring in. While I can't say much about it, lets just say that the story is evolving into a very funny, sweet take on wildlife from a different point of view.
Source: http://www.blueskydisney.com/2013/06/bl ... m-hat.html
Honor Hunter wrote:WDAS takes a year break before starting back again on 2016 with Byron Howard's (sans Greno who was attached before his own project) "Zootopia" staring a very foxy Jason Bateman.
Source: http://www.blueskydisney.com/2013/07/cl ... ahead.html
Marky_198
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marky_198 »

Sotiris wrote:
As for this project, I can't say that an "animal comedy" gets me excited. I usually prefer animated films that are human-centred.
I agree. Not excited at all.

On the other hand, I'm glad they are leaving human characters alone for a while, as they don't seem to be able to make any progress in that generic CGI look.
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

Marky_198 wrote:On the other hand, I'm glad they are leaving human characters alone for a while, as they don't seem to be able to make any progress in that generic CGI look.
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

An animal comedy I would really be for this 100%. :up:

This will be a diverse decade for Disney in movie premises.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I think I'm in the minority who does generally like Disney's animal-oriented films, and feels that they've become over-reliant on human-centered films in comparison as of late, therefore I'm welcome to this change of pace.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Avaitor wrote:I think I'm in the minority who does generally like Disney's animal-oriented films, and feels that they've become over-reliant on human-centered films in comparison as of late, therefore I'm welcome to this change of pace.
I agree 100%. I welcome something different.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

PatrickvD wrote:
Avaitor wrote:I think I'm in the minority who does generally like Disney's animal-oriented films, and feels that they've become over-reliant on human-centered films in comparison as of late, therefore I'm welcome to this change of pace.
I agree 100%. I welcome something different.
Yeah. I mean, don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed Princess and the Frog and Tangled, but there's more to Disney than just princesses and fairy tales. Some people tend to forget this though. While Wreck-It Ralph was a step in the right direction, and continues to stand well in my collection, I personally wanted to see an animal story similar to Dumbo, Lady and the Tramp, or even The Lion King. If we can get something similar to that, great!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Bobby Pontillas wrote:After this stint wraps, I'll be then training under Cory Loftis and Jin Kim to help out on this movie, Zootopia! Which is slated for a 2016 release.
Source: http://bobbypontillas.blogspot.com/2013 ... dates.html
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Re: Byron Howard's Zootopia

Post by TsWade2 »

awww, that's a cute title.
Warm Regards
Special Edition

Post by Warm Regards »

Storyboard of Zootopia.

Source: http://disneyconceptsandstuff.tumblr.co ... m-zootopia

And a written description.

Source: http://www.insidethemagic.net/2013/08/d ... -and-more/
Then a big announcement came: “Zootopia” is named as the 2016 Walt Disney Animation Studios film. It’s an original from “Tangled” director Byron Howard – a buddy action comedy set in animal world where humans never existed. That means in this world, animals designed all architecture and design elements with locations like Tundra Town, Sahara Square, Rain Forest, Wild Times, Anamalia, The Canals, and Burrow Borough. Natural elements inspire locations, like a hotel that looks like a mountain or a palm tree. The film will star hero Nick Wilde, a sharped tooth mammal – a fox. It’s about his relationship with Lt. Judy Hopps, a rabbit. Set in a Las Vegas-style world, the two start as natural enemies but become friends by the end. Oh, and there will be a lot of “Gnu-pid” Wildebeasts.
Last edited by Warm Regards on Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Disney's Facebook page refers to it as a working title.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

About time we got another anthropomorphic animal film from Disney. Last time we had something like that was Robin Hood. I'm not counting The Lion King into the equation because they didn't walk on their hind legs or wear clothes. :P
Candy-Bonita95
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Candy-Bonita95 »

This looks like it could have potential,but anthropomorphic foxes are overdone.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

There was also The Rescuers and The Great Mouse Detective. Before that, there was a little bit of it in Pinocchio, Mr. Toad, and Alice in Wonderland. Any other ones?
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

The furry fandom will have a field day with this movie. :lol:
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

SWillie! wrote:There was also The Rescuers and The Great Mouse Detective. Before that, there was a little bit of it in Pinocchio, Mr. Toad, and Alice in Wonderland. Any other ones?
"Bongo", kind of.