Tangled DVD/Blu-ray Discussion (March 29)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Tangled DVD/Blu-ray Discussion (March 29)

Post by Sotiris »

The movie is already available to pre-order in France. The title will be released in France on April 1, 2011. The sites fnac.com and amazon.fr have already unveiled artwork.

French Artwork

DVD (1 Disc)

For HQ image & to pre-order click on:
http://video.fnac.com/a3241115/Raiponce-DVD-Zone-2
http://www.amazon.fr/Raiponce-Mandy-Moo ... 646&sr=1-1

Blu-ray (1 Disc)

http://video.fnac.com/a3241117/Raiponce-Blu-Ray-Blu-Ray
http://www.amazon.fr/Raiponce-Blu-ray-M ... 646&sr=1-3

Combo Pack (3 Discs: Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, & Digital Copy)

http://video.fnac.com/a3241121/Raiponce ... 3D-Blu-Ray
http://www.amazon.fr/Raiponce-Combo-Blu ... 646&sr=1-2

Artwork has also been revealed for the U.S. releases on amazon.com. The title will be released on March 29, 2011 and it's now available to pre-order.

U.S. Artwork

DVD (1 Disc)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... eimprovemz

Blu-ray (2 Discs: Blu-ray, & DVD)

Combo Pack (4 Discs: Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Copy)

Also, the special features have been listed on amazon.com.
DVD

•2 original storybook openings
•50th Animated Countdown

2-Disc BD Combo Pack (BD+DVD)

•DVD features plus
•3 deleted scenes
•The Making of a Fairy Tale
•2 extended songs
•9 Theatrical Teasers

4-Disc BD Combo Pack (BD 3D+BD 2D+DVD+Digital Copy)

•DVD features plus
•3 deleted scenes
•The Making of a Fairy Tale
•2 extended songs
•9 Theatrical Teasers
Last edited by Sotiris on Wed May 11, 2011 5:05 am, edited 5 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

I LOVE the second artwork!
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Goodness, they are quick off the mark ! I do agree though, I love the second cover.

I think my ideal cover would be that teaser poster we had a while ago, with the tower and Rapunzel's glowing hair coming out of it. That woul be quite beautiful I can imagine.
Lorddh
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Lorddh »

Amazes me that they would use the Theatrical poster for the cover. But then again this is for France.
I still like them though :)

But I'm wondering how the US covers will be...makes me excited! ;3
stitchje1981
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stitchje1981 »

I love the second cover as well
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Wow, that was fast! :lol:
Heil Donald Duck
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Heil Donald Duck »

I like this one country have this right just down grade this to stright to home theater.
Der Fuehrer's Face is the greatest Donald Duck cartoon ever made.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Heil Donald Duck wrote:I like this one country have this right just down grade this to stright to home theater.
It's not going direct-to-video. The website simply has it up for pre-order already so people who wish to can make an order for it. Several US TV shows have their *current season* up for pre-order for its eventual DVD release at Amazon.com even though the season is still in progress.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

I definitely like the second one the best, but it's not absolutely stunning.
Polizzi
Special Edition

Post by Polizzi »

I like the second picture too. By the way, I wonder what the DVD release of Disney's, "Rapunzel (Tangled)," is like in the Netherlands.
PheR
Special Edition

Post by PheR »

I don't think those are real, Disney always makes new artwork for their DVD/Bluray releases, even when they use different covers for other countries, they never use poster art.
I'ts enough for this restless warrior just to be with you...
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

PheR wrote:I don't think those are real, Disney always makes new artwork for their DVD/Bluray releases, even when they use different covers for other countries, they never use poster art.
That's not entirely true. I know they have with live-action films, for example, "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement". But you are probably right in this case, as my guess is these are only mock-ups and official artwork will come much later.
PheR
Special Edition

Post by PheR »

UmbrellaFish wrote:my guess is these are only mock-ups and official artwork will come much later.
..and much uglier! :lol:
I'ts enough for this restless warrior just to be with you...
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

PheR wrote:
UmbrellaFish wrote:my guess is these are only mock-ups and official artwork will come much later.
..and much uglier! :lol:
Hey, it wouldn't be a Disney release without hideous cover art! :wink:
Tangled
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tangled »

I agree. Most movies don't use the movie poster for box art. They will probably change the box by the time the movie actually comes out on DVD (when is that? Spring 2011?)
Raphdude

Post by Raphdude »

The FMAC site listed April 1, 2011. I'm guessing Mid March for the US,
same slot as Princess and the Frog for this year.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Who really gives a heck about the Artwork on the cover of a Disney film. You are going to buy it because you play the disc, NOT the cover in your machine. And I don't think you would rather just look at the cover instead of the film that you just paid out some hard-earned cash for.

All of this discussion about art work for Disney titles is silly and sometimes just down-right irritating. If you guys are such great critics, why don't you work for Disney? And don't tell me that it is just a friendly discussion, because some of you actually sound like you lose sleep over these covers, and again I ask why? As long as we get the product inside those covers, I am a happy camper. I will not let a cover of some film prevent me from buying it.

:D
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
abenotgabe
Gold Classic Collection

Post by abenotgabe »

dvdjunkie wrote:Who really gives a heck about the Artwork on the cover of a Disney film. You are going to buy it because you play the disc, NOT the cover in your machine. And I don't think you would rather just look at the cover instead of the film that you just paid out some hard-earned cash for.

All of this discussion about art work for Disney titles is silly and sometimes just down-right irritating. If you guys are such great critics, why don't you work for Disney? And don't tell me that it is just a friendly discussion, because some of you actually sound like you lose sleep over these covers, and again I ask why? As long as we get the product inside those covers, I am a happy camper. I will not let a cover of some film prevent me from buying it.

:D
No one is loosing sleep over this matter. I'm sorry you find it irritating that some of us happen to appreciate the artwork more than you but, I think you're exaggerating a tad in your post. First, were just expressing our dislike, I have yet to see a post where someone said they were not buying the film because of the artwork. It is because I AM paying hard earned cash that I expect an all round quality product, this includes the case where the film is housed. If people didn't care about this stuff then why have steelbooks/iron packs or special collector treatments for some of the films? I think should matter for plenty of reasons. IMHO in the case of Bambi: DE, as an advertising major, a humongous head floating next to vertical letters says nothing special about the film.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Exactly. if you don't care about the covers, good for you. but some people do this sort of thing for a living, clearly its important to some people. (but Not important to the point of refusing to buy something based on it, no one is doing that)
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

And the artwork used for Disney DVD and Blu-ray covers is used for posters advertising DVDs and Blu-ray. Those posters are suppose to appeal to people so they'll want to check out the movies on DVD and Blu-ray announced on the posters.