Disney making "Magic Kingdom" movie

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Re:

Post by thedisneyspirit »

DisneyJedi wrote:Wait. So... what? Is this going to be like some kind of 'everything becomes real' or something ordeal? Because it sounds like that and I had something similar in mind for the idea I was thinking of pitching to the company.

Mine is more about three kids making a wish for a Disney adventure, and then they get whisked in their sleep to a kingdom known as Disneyana, which is extremely similar-looking to Disneyland. The rides are real, but serve as important to the plot as they are clues to finding the seven crowns of Disneyana (each one representing a certain region of the kingdom, which by the way was inspired by the crowns that they put on the castle's turrets for the park's anniversary or something) in order to find the Black Cauldron, which they must find and destroy before Maleficent can get her hands on it to resurrect Chernabog.

It's not much of a plot, I know. But you probably get the idea, right?

No that sucks and its a rip-off of this http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3159333/1/C ... he-Kingdom
RyGuy
Special Edition

Re: Re:

Post by RyGuy »

thedisneyspirit wrote:
DisneyJedi wrote:Wait. So... what? Is this going to be like some kind of 'everything becomes real' or something ordeal? Because it sounds like that and I had something similar in mind for the idea I was thinking of pitching to the company.

Mine is more about three kids making a wish for a Disney adventure, and then they get whisked in their sleep to a kingdom known as Disneyana, which is extremely similar-looking to Disneyland. The rides are real, but serve as important to the plot as they are clues to finding the seven crowns of Disneyana (each one representing a certain region of the kingdom, which by the way was inspired by the crowns that they put on the castle's turrets for the park's anniversary or something) in order to find the Black Cauldron, which they must find and destroy before Maleficent can get her hands on it to resurrect Chernabog.

It's not much of a plot, I know. But you probably get the idea, right?

No that sucks and its a rip-off of this http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3159333/1/C ... he-Kingdom

Not to mention, pretty similar to the Kingdom Keepers book series.
tlc38tlc38
Special Edition

Re: Disney making "Magic Kingdom" movie

Post by tlc38tlc38 »

I've only been to Disney World once in my life when I was 5. I would actually like to see a full-length, in-depth documentary about the park and it's characters/rides/etc.. I know many would say it would be a big commercial but I would love to see it.
Walmart: the perfect place to shop for a headache at a discount price.
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Re:

Post by Big Disney Fan »

pap64 wrote:Regarding Adventures at the Magic Kingdom, I am convinced it takes places at Disneyland. First, the castle greatly resembles Sleeping Beauty's castle. Second, Pirates and the Haunted Mansion are close to each other. In Disneyland, Haunted Mansion and Pirates are in the same land, New Orleans Square, whereas in Walt Disney World, Haunted Mansion is in Liberty Square, while Pirates is in Adventureland. Finally, the design of it's a small world greatly resembles that of Disneyland's.
However, the castle on the game cover is WDW's Cinderella Castle, like so:

Like I said, they don't specify which castle park it is. The layout in the game is set up like Disneyland, but the castle on the cover is WDW's castle. They keep you guessing like that.
Regarding this movie, I am actually excited for this movie. It sounds like it has a lot of potential and COULD potentially be the best Disney theme park based movie ever... MAYBE.
I'd probably go to see it, just to see what it's like.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

The project is still in the works.
Q: What’s the status of Magic Kingdom?

Jon Favreau: Well, hopefully now with this collaboration if it works out well we can explore what Magic Kingdom could be. Magic Kingdom is a story I’ve been developing. Michael Chabon wrote the draft about Disneyland coming to life, and all of the different lands and attractions all overlapping one another and creating a big adventure that a family gets caught up in. It’s something I feel very passionate about. Part of the reason I explored this technology I used on Jungle Book is because I was considering it for that film, and maybe it might be something we work together on.
Source: http://collider.com/magic-kingdom-jon-favreau/
Q: Has Magic Kingdom been resurrected?

Skyler Shuler: Magic Kingdom is on the docket and was never officially canned.
Source: https://twitter.com/SkylerShuler/status ... 5804337154
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

What Happened to Jon Favreau's 'Magic Kingdom', the Biggest Disney Theme Park Movie Never Made?
https://collider.com/magic-kingdom-movi ... -happened/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage