DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Planes!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:19 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

This sounds like a brilliant idea! Maybe we should bring Eisner back as well. I think I want that Snow White sequel now...

Anyway, Pixar is developing a Cars DTV called Planes! Why you ask? Because it is the right and artistic thing to do. The universe has demanded it. We NEED it.

EXCLUSIVE: Pixar Developing Cars Spinoff Planes

http://www.movieline.com/2010/07/exclus ... planes.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:24 pm 
Platinum Edition

Coming soon...Trains!

Pixar will then re-name Cars as Automobiles...

albert

WIST #56:
Aaron: With Mary Poppins and Pete's Dragon on Blu-ray, Bedknobs & Broomsticks seems like a given. Come on, Disney! They could even call it the Naboom-Blu Edition!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:24 pm 
Platinum Edition

Well...it had to happen sooner or later I suppose....Pixar is now making DTV Spin offs/Sequels....after 10 films I guess the ideas dry up??

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx

Last edited by disneyboy20022 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:31 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I wonder if people will bash the almighty Pixar for money making spin off mania?

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:33 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Oh Pixar, don't do this...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:38 pm 
Platinum Edition

Sounds like a bad idea. I hope it does not ruin Pixar's reputation (or that it is just a joke).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:41 pm 
Special Edition

Is this a bad joke?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:48 pm 
Super Genius

*checks calender*

Huh, no April Fools. Well then, I think I can guess who proposed this idea. The Disney executives wanted more merchandise to sell. What the executives want, the executives get.

Can't wait for Bicycles, though. Or better, just Pedestrians. Genius. I think I'll copyright the idea right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:53 pm 
Platinum Edition

Now I'm thinking about the parody they did on The Simpsons of a CGI animated film called "Cards" (It was actually a DreamWorks film they spoofed).

I don't have a clip of it, but it just came to mind).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:22 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

PixarFan2006 wrote:
Now I'm thinking about the parody they did on The Simpsons of a CGI animated film called "Cards" (It was actually a DreamWorks film they spoofed).

I don't have a clip of it, but it just came to mind).

they had a joke on American Dad where Stan mentioned the new Pixar movie "Clothes"... he added that 'John Ratzenberger plays a tie' :lol:

we're really only two film away from that becoming a reality. Imagine the clothes they could sell. "wear your favorite characters from the film!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:02 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Hmm, interesting. I guess Lasseter needs to give the direct-to-video Disney department something to do besides Tinkerbell spin-offs.

Though, am I the only person who thought of that talking airplane that wears the cap? I think it's a children's show on PBS, but I'm blanking on the name.

EDIT: Found it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:19 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

estefan wrote:
Hmm, interesting. I guess Lasseter needs to give the direct-to-video Disney department something to do besides Tinkerbell spin-offs.

Though, am I the only person who thought of that talking airplane that wears the cap? I think it's a children's show on PBS, but I'm blanking on the name.

EDIT: Found it.

I thought about that show, too, but I couldn't remember the name either so I didn't mention it. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:28 pm 
Limited Edition

First image that came to mind:

First thought: "oh please, no!"

For the "we're owned by Disney but we are not Disney" company, a DTV spin-off, three recent sequels (Cars 2, Toy Story 3, Monster's Inc. 2), a name change - "Bear and the Bow" to "Brave", and the cancellation of "Newt" - heck, they sure are acting like WDAS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:34 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Pixar's track record should earn them the benefit of the doubt, at the very least. Come on guys, how many times do they have to get people worried about something their doing, only to prove the doubters wrong before we finally catch on and realize they know what their doing? We go through this nearly every time something new is anounced. its a cycle.

Even after doing the impossible and making the third toy story entry 11 years after the second and having it be arguably the best of the 3 why are we still so dead set on expecting their next project to fail miserably?

For one thing, its a spin off, this means it wont dilute the brand like say, the lilo and stitch franchise. Even if it were to suck, at least its separate from the Cars movies. There's nothing inherently wrong with spin offs and sequels if the quality is there and their able to keep things fresh.

Second, this being done by their new Canadian studio. smaller projects like these will be very beneficial in building up their talent pool for greater things. they plan to eventually get their new studio in feature film shape. lucky for us they can use smaller stuff to work out any kinks they might have. its important to remember they are not taking resources away from their more promising projects, but growing as a studio (and now studios) to get more stuff out there.

We have no logical reason to be skeptic here until they fail at least once. even Cars, which I feel is clearly their worst efforts still manage to be worth watching. and I can only see it getting better in the sequel and even Planes.[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:58 pm 
Limited Edition

I'm not skeptic that it will be bad. It probably won't be. And I had a feeling the Canadian studio would be doing stuff like this.

It's just so... unnecessary! Especially after Lasseter shut down Disney sequels. I'd rather have Disney DTV derivatives than Pixar ones. Especially to Cars, which is in my bottom 3 Pixar films.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:09 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Entertainment in general is unnecessary. but if the quality is good enough, by the time the credits roll we feel like it was worth while and meaningful in some way. Either it made us laugh, cry whatever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:11 pm 
Limited Edition

I'm just saying with a Cars 2, the Cars Toons, and existing 'living plane' type stuff - this is unnecessary for Pixar to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:13 pm 
Site Admin

In the immortal words of Bookworm, "eesh." Sure, this has immediately excited me more than any direct-to-video project in years, but like others, I don't think it sounds very promising. I'm up for a <i>Cars</i> sequel and though I feel it's even less called for, I'll be there to see <i>Monsters, Inc. 2</i>, but I think if Pixar was going to get into the direct-to-video market, they should be doing it with something different. Then again, I guess this is different. Because, you see, they're not talking cars but talking planes. The fact is, if it was good enough to go to theaters without diluting the Pixar name, it would. Otherwise, it's not and even if it's on the order of the <i>Tinker Bell</i> movies or better, do we really want less than Grade A product from Pixar?

"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:26 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

To be perfectly honest with you guys, I am taking this news with a grain of salt. I've been checking all of my animation and entertainment news sites and none of them have news on this. Considering that this would be Pixar's first DTV project this would be big news to report on. But alas, nothing on the matter, which is very suspect.

I'm personally waiting for more sites to pick up on this...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:46 pm 
Platinum Edition

wasn't there already Planes in the movie Cars...

look at the very top...there's a blimp and a Helicopter and an AirPlane

and here's a plane that is in Cars..Barney Stormin

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next