Disney's Aladdin DVD Press Release (Real One)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Christian Wrote:
You can't force it. Be patient. I bet you can kind of imagine pretty closely what it will be like anyways.
I know it's not easy to write a 2 page summary of Aladdin and not easy to get it up running on the website because things like this take time.
Running a website is very difficult and people like Luke have to sacrifice their time for us and all the members of UD.
I'm not rushing Luke ok, I just got kind of worried.
P.S. Luke I already know you'll do a great job you always do a great job on reviews.
Luke also takes a very long rest after you finish the review ok sleep dreams.
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

We ain't never had a friend like Luke!

Awesome review so far, man! Now I'm first in line for teh SECOND half! :D
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

All done now. Sorry it took longer than anticipated:

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/aladdin.html
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Luke Wrote:
All done now. Sorry it took longer than anticipated
It was worth the wait anyways I'm going to buy 2 Aladdin: Platinum Edition DVD's and the soundtrack of Aladdin. I always buy to 2 of each DVD if it's a Platinum Edition.

You Rule Luke!!!! :D
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
BrandonH
Special Edition

Post by BrandonH »

Great review, Luke. I'm happy to see that the navigation system on the previous Platinum release went the way of the dodo. October 5th should be a fun day.
"Mustard? Don't let's be silly!"
--Mad Hatter, Alice in Wonderland

My DVDs
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

DisneyVillains wrote:
awallaceunc wrote:I just got 5 boxes of all sorts of Aladdin stuff in. The in-store promotion is gonna be great for this release!!

-Aaron
Why kind of stuff did you get in? Is it actual merchandise or is it just store "decorations" promoting the DVD release? Thanks!

I am also looking for the DVD review from Luke. Gives a person even more of a reason to be excited for the release.
Posters, ballons, cut-outs, displays, you name it. They are going all out for this one. As for what actual merch will come to me and what will come to the stores, I don't yet entirely know.

And now, to read Luke's review! :D

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Tony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tony »

Magnificient review Luke !.... Always the best !

Just wondering if there is any chance of you posting any further pics of the items in the Collectors edition box... I'm sure a lot of us would like to see better pics of the book/cel/sketches ??
Christian
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Christian »

I'm not sure but I have a feeling Luke doesn't have the collector's set.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Tony wrote:Magnificient review Luke !.... Always the best !

Just wondering if there is any chance of you posting any further pics of the items in the Collectors edition box... I'm sure a lot of us would like to see better pics of the book/cel/sketches ??
I didn't get the Gift Set, just the DVD. I guess we'll have to wait until next week for a better look inside that!

Thanks for the kind words, folks!
Christian
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Christian »

I like the Lion King DVD for what you can get from it and just because I'm a big Lion King fanatic but it's apparent that the Aladdin DVD is much meatier and structured a whole heck of a lot better.
Prince Phillip
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Phillip »

awallaceunc wrote:
DisneyVillains wrote: Why kind of stuff did you get in? Is it actual merchandise or is it just store "decorations" promoting the DVD release? Thanks!

I am also looking for the DVD review from Luke. Gives a person even more of a reason to be excited for the release.
Posters, ballons, cut-outs, displays, you name it. They are going all out for this one. As for what actual merch will come to me and what will come to the stores, I don't yet entirely know.

And now, to read Luke's review! :D

-Aaron
Where do you work?
Defy Gravity
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

One thing in Luke's reviews just annoys me. The picture galleries. What's happened to the hundreds of images from such Galleries as Snow White and Atlantis? The one on Alice in Wonderland was a joke (especially as it was the same as was already available on the international release) and the Lion King's was disappointing too. Aladdin's seems to be the same as The Lion King.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Evil Genie Jafar
Anniversary Edition
Location: Humacao, Puerto Rico; there's more to PR than San Juan!

Post by Evil Genie Jafar »

Yep, great review :thumb:

Actually I'm quite pleased my favorite character gets so much spotlihght. Not just in the interviews and all but also on the menus and games. In fact, I didn't think Jafar was such a popular villain.

PS

I might as well get another copy of the Dvd (to have it sealed) just in case something happens to the one I already ordered. It will be my first time to do something like this but IT'S MY FAVORITE MOVIE AND I WAITED SO LONG FOR THIS!!! (I might as well get a third copy if I decide so during the time it stays on sale 8) )

One thing, how does the Disney repair/replacement prgram works? I know that you have to pay them $10 whenever you send a disc fixed but does it also works with the Platinum Editions (especially if they are out of print) ?

"You're only second rate!"
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

Evil Genie Jafar wrote:One thing, how does the Disney repair/replacement prgram works? I know that you have to pay them $10 whenever you send a disc fixed but does it also works with the Platinum Editions (especially if they are out of print) ?
I think they probably will replace platinum edition titles. I dropped by Mickey Mouse in Living Colore Volume 1 Disc 1 accidentally in April, i rang them and they sent me a replacement. This was 2 years and 4 months after the title was released and we all know how hard a title that was to find, but they replaced it without any problems in about a week.
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

ichabod wrote:
Evil Genie Jafar wrote:One thing, how does the Disney repair/replacement prgram works? I know that you have to pay them $10 whenever you send a disc fixed but does it also works with the Platinum Editions (especially if they are out of print) ?
I think they probably will replace platinum edition titles. I dropped by Mickey Mouse in Living Colore Volume 1 Disc 1 accidentally in April, i rang them and they sent me a replacement. This was 2 years and 4 months after the title was released and we all know how hard a title that was to find, but they replaced it without any problems in about a week.
They replaced it to a UK address? :o
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

Yep! I was pretty surprised too, although i did lie to them and tell them i had just bought the dvd new and i did phone them incessantly.
Although i was quite disappointed with how they delivered it to me it was in an A5 jiffy bag and the DVD was not in a case at all it was just loose inside the bag, it could so easily have gotten damaged or scratched (What with the postmen here in Britain, they don't so much post letters more mangle them through the letterbox).
Christian
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Christian »

One thing in Luke's reviews just annoys me. The picture galleries. What's happened to the hundreds of images from such Galleries as Snow White and Atlantis? The one on Alice in Wonderland was a joke (especially as it was the same as was already available on the international release) and the Lion King's was disappointing too. Aladdin's seems to be the same as The Lion King.
I don't know how much it has compared to Snow White and Atlantis but I thought there was quite a bit on it.
disneywb
Gold Classic Collection

Post by disneywb »

I think the thing about the picture galleries is more about the art review. No matter how brief, I beleive I prefer an art review to galleries you manually navigate, sort of like Home on the Range (the best part of the dvd?).
Thanks for the great review Luke. I'm not sure if it's convinced anybody on this site to buy it, though.... They were going to buy multiple copies anyway! :lol:
But seriously, we appreciate the thorough breakdown you give us.
Christian
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Christian »

I think the thing about the picture galleries is more about the art review. No matter how brief, I beleive I prefer an art review to galleries you manually navigate, sort of like Home on the Range (the best part of the dvd?).
This DVD has both.
DisneyVillains
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyVillains »

Thanks for the reply Aaron and for the extensive review Luke! It was a great read. Now I really can't wait for the release, which is only one week today! :)
"I admit that in the past I've been a nasty. They weren't kidding when they called me, well, a witch"
-Ursula

"How sentimental. You know I haven't been this choked up since I got a hunk of moussaka caught in my throat."-Hades