The Lion King: Diamond Edition

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Allers & Minkoff: The Legacy of The Lion King
http://animatedviews.com/2011/allers-an ... lion-king/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney Second Screen App The Lion King Diamond Edition Available Now
http://www.toonzone.net/news/articles/3 ... ilable-now
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I talked to the manager a couple weeks back at the Movie theater to see if I could have some of the Lion King decor, (small stands, THE POSTER, window cling-ons, and she said yes, probably when it comes to blu ray and the movie leaves the theater, until then I can't get them. She also said the poster might be spoken for already but she'll put me on the list if someone else backs off possibly.

Also I talked the the manager today, and she told me The Lion King was getting extended again through next week.....wow.....well I can't blame Disney for wanting to milk it, since a few of their films didn't do well this past year (and 2010), Prince of Persia, Sorcerer's Apprentice, and then the one that in every meaning of the word bombed, Mars Needs Moms that was a wake up call. I think by re-releasing some of the cannon films in 3D theaters (or a 2d option when/if available) to make up for the loss of $$$ that horrible MNM movie. This link below says how long it will stay in theaters

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 407AAsfOlH

Also Some News

How is 'Lion King 3D' different from original? \
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44579975/ ... pXKVIKKJkQ

That's a poorly written headline. How is Lion King 3D differ from the original I'm gonna take a shot in the dark though and say, it's because it's in 3D good grief.....It's like something I would see on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno in a segment called Headlines. Like for instance Milk tastes good, if it's not rotten.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

Did anybody else get their copy at Target for the soundtrack that's included on the Digital Copy disc? Has anyone redeemed it yet?

If so, can anyone tell me what ancient, lost magic is required to access it? Now, I admit I'm not very experienced with navigating iTunes, but I have the general hang of it. No matter what I do, though, I can't find this soundtrack that's supposedly included on the disc.

I logged in, inserted the disc, input my code, and waited for it to download. The strange thing, though, is that while the movie itself has downloaded to my iTunes, I can't find the soundtrack anywhere. I've looked everywhere I can possibly think of. I've checked my music library, I've looked through the movie file that downloaded to see if it was hidden in there somewhere, and I even looked up the album in the iTunes store to see if an option appeared to download it with my code.

I've done everything I can think of. I even re-downloaded the disc just to make sure, and now I've got two files for the movie itself, but not one mention of the soundtrack that's supposed to be included.

If anyone can help me, I'd really be grateful. That's really the only reason I bought the Target-exclusive version.
- John
Angeldude98
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Angeldude98 »

OMG!!! What's in the world is happening to the diamond editions?

When the first platinum edition dvd (Snow White) came out, it was great and full of exciting bonuses. The next one was just as good (Beauty and The Beast). Then came The Lion King, which was the weakest release as far as bonus features are concerned and the platium line went into a steady decline, with each title being and looking inferior than the previous one.

Now with the blue ray diamond editions, it seems to be happening all over again! Snow White was great as were Beauty and the Beast and even Bambi. But then out comes The Lion King, and again it is the weakest one!!!! Why? Why? Only one disc in this release! No second bonus disc! I don't get it! How come Disney always seems to downplay and downgrade the home media releases for this movie which is one of their best? And to top it all, they even edited it with color changes and even removing frames! Shameful!!!! You'd think they give it the treatment it deserves as this is Disney's highest earning, most sucessful movie ever!!!

Anyone care to explain this or give an acceptable reason? Sheesh!!! Disney---please stop messing with the classics!!!
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

What happened? Hmm... lemme think...

They got LAZY!!!
steven132
Limited Issue

Post by steven132 »

My guess is that with snow white they were trying to get customers to buy into the new format and they offered 10 off coupons now that weve changed to the new format they know we will buy anyways. It seems only Disney is doing this if you see the special editions by warner bros. they have kept or improved the quality. My thing is at least the presentation is probably the best you will ever see.
AladdinFan
Special Edition

Post by AladdinFan »

I don't really know a lot about Digital Copy. If I download The Lion King to my computer and I decided to clean my computer because it's slow can I still re-download The Lion King to my computer again?

I bought The Lion King last Saturday for $25.00 at Target. There were only 3 Target Limited Edition Blu-ray of The Lion King. I'm glad that I looked behind the normal Blu-ray edition because they were in the back.
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

AladdinFan wrote:I don't really know a lot about Digital Copy. If I download The Lion King to my computer and I decided to clean my computer because it's slow can I still re-download The Lion King to my computer again?
No. Should that be the case and you have no other method of making a digital copy from the DVD / Blu-ray via a computer application, I'd suggest saving a copy of the digital version to a hard drive or data disc.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Marky_198
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marky_198 »

I went to see TLK 3d this week in the cinema.

It was great to see such a classic in the cinema again, but I have to say, the 3d does not add anything for me.

The only shot that actually looked good in 3d was the one with the birds in the opening number. In the rest of the film it was just distracting and things like simba's nose popping out at times, made his face just look deformed.

No, after seeing this I know it for sure, trying to turn the 2d films into 3d does not work at all. In the end it looks "stickerbook-ish" and characters seem separated from backgrounds at times. It looks much better in 2d.
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

I suspect TLK 3D was a rush job. You should see BatB 3D, that was superb.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Funny, Cartoon Brew seems to think it was the other way around. That the lion king felt more polished, and Beauty felt "scratchy" or something.
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

Hmmm I'm not quite sure what scratchy means, but I couldn't find any flaws. Even the colors weren't as orange as the BD (I saw it in a theatre).

You should decide for yourself, you'll definitely enjoy BatB :)
monorail91
Gold Classic Collection

Post by monorail91 »

Miley Cyrus just tweeted: "Sick at home watching The Lion King 3D with my puppies :) "
January 6, 2009 - Met Stephen Schwartz
September 4, 2009 - Met Tom Hulce
September 18, 2009 - Met Miley Cyrus
August 3, 2011 - Met John Musker
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Marky_198 wrote:I went to see TLK 3d this week in the cinema.

It was great to see such a classic in the cinema again, but I have to say, the 3d does not add anything for me.

The only shot that actually looked good in 3d was the one with the birds in the opening number. In the rest of the film it was just distracting and things like simba's nose popping out at times, made his face just look deformed.

No, after seeing this I know it for sure, trying to turn the 2d films into 3d does not work at all. In the end it looks "stickerbook-ish" and characters seem separated from backgrounds at times. It looks much better in 2d.
I didnt see the 3d but to me, they've added depth to the 2d version beyond the shadows and stuff and ut was distracting cuz i've watched the dvd a hundred times.

also, there were times when a redone background looked a little rushed, but that was few and far between.

and i would've liked if they kept the IMAX sound track as an option(in HD, of course)
sunhuntin
Special Edition

Post by sunhuntin »

aj, i was wondering if they had lightened some backgrounds. i was impressed to actually make out lions in the sleeping den when simba wakes up mufasa. quite nice.
big kid at heart
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

they darkened them too. the gorge has more shadow than ever and the colors are deeper.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

monorail91 wrote:Miley Cyrus just tweeted: "Sick at home watching The Lion King 3D with my puppies :) "
As I would care what that liar and hypocrite thought about one of Disney's greatest movies. She's a disgrace to Disney!
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

Post by rs_milo_whatever »

I don't know if this has been discussed here before, but what was the song used at the beginning of the Blu-Ray? In an ad for Disney itself. Also the one for Lady and The Tramp: Diamond Edition. Thanks in advance.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Walt Disney Studios' Blu-ray Disc reissue of The Lion King – the 3D version of which, to the surprise of many, stormed to the top of the box office charts a month ago - remained at No. 1 on Nielsen’s dedicated Blu-ray Disc sales chart for the second consecutive week.
Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/g ... dvd-250777