Oz: The Great and Powerful

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
jinkinquackers
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Oz: The Great and Powerful discussion

Post by jinkinquackers »

According to the Disney Movie Rewards email, they're going to start a "save $5 when you pre-order" beginning on April 9th.

JohnnyWeir
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JohnnyWeir »

Ooooh I like that cover art a lot! The borders should be emerald green though :)
Hi, hi, hi, there.
SwordInTheStone777
Special Edition

Post by SwordInTheStone777 »

JohnnyWeir wrote:Ooooh I like that cover art a lot! The borders should be emerald green though :)
The emerald border is probably going to be on the 3D release.
Neal
Anniversary Edition

Post by Neal »

I really wanted the Oz poster from DMR but missed out... wonder when the film will go on sale? The yellow border makes as much sense as the emerald, really.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Neal wrote:I really wanted the Oz poster from DMR but missed out... wonder when the film will go on sale? The yellow border makes as much sense as the emerald, really.
I missed out on getting the Wreck it Ralph Poster so that's why I invested in getting the Oz one. Also there's one now for Iron Man 3, but I think I'll pass on it.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
JohnnyWeir
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JohnnyWeir »

Neal wrote:The yellow border makes as much sense as the emerald, really.
It does. But emerald is my favorite color, lol
Hi, hi, hi, there.
Neal
Anniversary Edition

Post by Neal »

JohnnyWeir wrote:
Neal wrote:The yellow border makes as much sense as the emerald, really.
It does. But emerald is my favorite color, lol
Me too! :)
JohnnyWeir
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JohnnyWeir »

Neal wrote:
JohnnyWeir wrote: It does. But emerald is my favorite color, lol
Me too! :)
EMERALD TWINSIES! :dance:
Hi, hi, hi, there.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

SwordInTheStone777 wrote:If magic is coming from gem stones solely then that wouldn't make them witches then, as witches are either born with or learn, though that can't be said for all witches, just with in The Land of Oz. Are the Ruby Slippers from 1939 really Ruby at all, in real life there not, but in the film are they just called that because there red?
I don't fully understand if you agree with me that the gem stones idea is bad/doesn't make sense, but as for the ruby slippers they used red sequins to make the slippers look like they had real rubies on them.
WonderNeverOz wrote:Well,in the 1939 movie, the wicked witch says that she's the only one who knows how to use the ruby slippers, so probably only witches know how to gem stones as magic. I really hope they get the rights for the ruby slippers for the 2nd movie, because it would make so much sense.
I can kind of see how that's a good idea that they are witches because they learn how to use gem stones, but then what still doesn't make sense is that their gem stones have all their power, as in, if they just know how to use gem stones why don't they just find new ones if their old ones get broken? i agree though they should get the ruby slippers, but we didn't see Evanora wearing them!

Actually what I would really like is slippers that turn from silver to ruby somehow.
disneyboy20022 wrote:
Disney Duster wrote: Why is it a relief?.
Because if this is becoming a franchise, I don't want any references such or items from The 1939 classic film because I don't want the two being related at all. I think audiences wouldn't mind the Silver Slippers to be honest and it would be a hot topic that people will be talking about and will get people to read the book

I want this Oz franchise to be different compared to the original classic. This one should be it's own and not have any tie ins from the classic one
But they already have a green Wicked Witch of the West. That was only in the 1939 movie, not the book.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

3D Blu Ray

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... eimprovemz

Blu ray/DVD Combo Pack

It appears that there will be no 3D Combo pack which includes the Blu ray and the Blu Ray 3D disc in one package

PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

The BD/dvd combo pack cover art is so awkwardly handled. Franco's shoes fall of the bottom. How hard is it to center the characters in the middle. I get that the original poster art was higher than the BD case sizes, but why are the graphic artists at Disney home entertainment so damn visually challenged???

You'd think they could handle a simple live action cover art. But even that is too much to ask for.

Okay rant over. Sorry.
JohnnyWeir
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JohnnyWeir »

I didn't love this movie all too much, but Im a huge Oz fan so I feel obliged to buy it.
I think ill buy the version with just the witch on the cover, Id get the combo pack, but my unhealthy obsession with the Wicked Witch of the West compells me to get the version with her front and center. :)
Hi, hi, hi, there.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

JohnnyWeir wrote:I didn't love this movie all too much, but Im a huge Oz fan so I feel obliged to buy it.
I think ill buy the version with just the witch on the cover, Id get the combo pack, but my unhealthy obsession with the Wicked Witch of the West compels me to get the version with her front and center. :)

If you have a 3D TV you should, however if you don't you should probably invest in the Blu Ray combo pack, as the 3D version at this point doesn't look to include the DVD or the regular Blu ray

JohnnyWeir
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JohnnyWeir »

^ this is the version I'm referring to, I know its a bit confusing for me too with 3 different versions being released,lol :)
I wonder if Target and Bestbuy will have their own exclusive editions......
Hi, hi, hi, there.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

JohnnyWeir wrote:
I wonder if Target and Bestbuy will have their own exclusive editions......
I would say that's a very strong possibility

Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

Different versions, no extras except for the regular Bluray set... whose crap decision was this? Bad Move Disney, but oh well.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

The yellow border has always been ugly. Emerald for me!

Edit: I think just selling the 3D disc on its own is stupid. Okay, yeah, 3D doesn't sell as much as 2D, but it's gonna sell even less on its own.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

The Digital Bits is reporting this bit of news regarding the complaints Disney has heard about the 3D Blu Ray release
In other news from around the Net today, it seems as if Disney heard your complaints (and probably read my rant from the other day) about the Oz: The Great and Powerful Blu-ray 3D release including no 2D Blu-ray version. Home Media reports that the studio is offering those who purchase the 3D version a 2D Blu-ray copy for $5.99 (plus shipping and handling) via a special mail-in offer in the package. For those of you at Disney reading this, we’re still hearing TONS of complaints about this via e-mail from readers, so heads-up. Here’s the studio’s official statement:

“We strive to give our consumers the best in-home experience and consistently evolve our mix of product offerings. We know that our 3D consumers enjoy that experience as well as the ease of use and functionality of digital copy. With Oz the Great and Powerful we’re offering a single, simplified version for their in-home and on-the-go viewing needs. And, for those desiring a 2D Blu-ray version of the film, there’s an offer included in the package.”
http://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-tw ... 50313_1630

JohnnyWeir
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JohnnyWeir »

^That's ridiculous and stupid. As is the price of the blu-ray only version-Disney really fucked this one up.
Hi, hi, hi, there.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I know it's been said that if you do end up buying the 3D Blu ray of Oz you can get a 2D Blu Ray of it in the mail. Well Disney Movie Rewards has something similar to that. If you enter the code for the Blu ray Combo pack you get the 3D Blu Ray Mailed to you for $5.99 with free shipping. That's a pretty good deal. I'm also going to post this is in the Disney Movie Rewards Thread

Here's the link but the picture isn't live yet.

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/pr ... fers/gjgfj