Oz: The Great and Powerful

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

Yeah, I like the look of this one, I may have to go see it.
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Oz the Great and Powerful - the trailer on iTunes:
ttp://trailers.apple.com/trailers/disney/ozthegreatandpowerful/

Oz: the Great and Powerful: First Look!
http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,2039964 ... 36,00.html
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

I think it got taken down. My browser wouldnt load the page and it's not listed on itunes.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

Yessss! It looks fantastic! The cast, CGI, omg everything is just perfect! :)
ajmrowland wrote:I think it got taken down. My browser wouldnt load the page and it's not listed on itunes.
There's a youtube version posted on the previous page.
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
Toky
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Toky »

Way too much CGI in my opinion...even a green witch made out of CGI :( whats wrong with make-up...
And it does look like Alice in Wonderland, like whats up with the little alien-like creature and the living flowers :s

What I do love is the beginning :D it start in black and white, which is amazing and a great hommage to the original movie :)
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Its quite possible it wont all be cg. Raimis no stranger to models
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

[quote="Toky"whats up with the little alien-like creature and the living flowers :s [/quote]

I got the impression that was a baby flying monkey, but i may be wrong. I think the CGI is fine. So it can't have living flowers but The Wizard of OZ can have talking trees????

Omg.... I wonder which Witch will turn Green.
So Mila Kunis is The Wicked Witch of the West, so she will be green!! :D
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Mila is clearly the one going evil. She will make one bad ass wicked witch.

I freaking love her.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Great trailer! Really makes you feel ike this will be epic and want to see and find out what is going on.

I thought that stuff in the Glinda picture was smoke. Yay! Though she should have red hair as both the book and movie gave her.

And I knew they were going to do the China Doll land!

The CGI did look bad, but I think it's just not the final CGI.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

oftentimes though, bad cgi in the trailer is an omen.
monorail91
Gold Classic Collection

Post by monorail91 »

Love the black-and-white and fullscreen used for the Kansas (?) scenes. (Though some people will mistakenly compare it to Wizard of Oz, which was actually sepia tone and not black-and-white!) Hope these scenes are in 2D so the 3D of Oz is even more eye-popping. I thought that was really effective in TRON Legacy!
January 6, 2009 - Met Stephen Schwartz
September 4, 2009 - Met Tom Hulce
September 18, 2009 - Met Miley Cyrus
August 3, 2011 - Met John Musker
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

WOW! That looks awesome!
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

Full Oz the Great and Powerful panel at Comic-Con with Sam Raimi

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/884Q2gTJHw4" frameborder="0"></iframe>
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

ajmrowland wrote:oftentimes though, bad cgi in the trailer is an omen.
I don't necessarily agree. I remember the CGI in the Avatar teaser looked rather iffy, but the final film was stunning in that department. Ditto John Carter.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

That panel was extremely uncomfortable for me at home, so I wonder how it was for Michelle, Mila, and Sam. :P

I think the trailer looks awesome. Michelle Williams looks breathtakingingly beautiful and I know she will rock the role. I'm nervous for Mila, however, as she doesn't seem like a character actor. I'm sure James and Rachel will be great, too, however.

Overall, I'm excited!
SwordInTheStone777
Special Edition

Post by SwordInTheStone777 »

The Wizard came from Omaha, Nebraska, not Kansas; very Oz fan knows that. Disney didn't do there research, more flaws are sure to come forward.
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Comic-Con: Mila Kunis, Michelle Williams and Sam Raimi Talk OZ: THE GREAT AND POWERFUL, Including Bruce Campbell’s Cameo
http://collider.com/comic-con-sam-raimi ... ew/180341/

Oz The Great And Powerful Trailer in HD on Disney Movie Trailers page on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1NGnVLD ... playnext=1

Disney's official site
http://disney.go.com/thewizard/?cmp=wds ... _thewizard

Oz The Great and Powerful Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/OzTheGreatAndPowerful
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Really, I don't know what to think. This looks amazing, but I think it's a bit of a crazy coincidence that the Wizard gets whisked to Oz the same way Dorothy did (AKA by tornado).

Also, isn't the Witch of the West supposed to be green-skinned or something? It's just that based on the 1939 movie, along with Wicked, the Witch has emerald green skin or something.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

DisneyJedi wrote: Also, isn't the Witch of the West supposed to be green-skinned or something? It's just that based on the 1939 movie, along with Wicked, the Witch has emerald green skin or something.
I'm guessing you haven't watched the last seconds of the trailer :wink:

They are going to give her a story on how she became green, which is a great idea as NO witch is Green in the original books! (The Wicked Witch in the Books actually only had one eye and carried an umbrella instead of a broomstick.... lol)

I hope her Green version is present for most of the film!
SwordInTheStone777
Special Edition

Post by SwordInTheStone777 »

Disney's trying to see how much they can get away with the classic 1939 film that much is obvious, no wonder WB/MGM were suing. In "The Lion Of Oz" by Roger S. Baum, Oscar Diggs, and the lion where lost in a storm, never was it specified as a Tornado though.