DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:12 pm 
Super Genius

Quote:
The Marvel Cinematic Universe is about to get much bigger—and probably much more profitable, as well.

Coming off one of its biggest hits yet in Guardians of the Galaxy, the studio held an event Tuesday morning at which it announced a whopping eight new titles. Adding in three existing releases, that makes a total of 11 movies scheduled between 2015 and 2019.

Marvel Studios—2015 to 2019
Avengers: Age of Ultron - May 1, 2015
Ant-Man - July 17, 2015
Captain America: Civil War - May 6, 2016
Doctor Strange - November 4, 2016
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - May 5, 2017
Thor: Ragnarok - July 28, 2017
Black Panther - November 3, 2017 (starring Chadwick Boseman)
Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 - May 4, 2018
Captain Marvel - July 6, 2018
Inhumans - November 2, 2018
Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 - May 3, 2019

http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3945&p=.htm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:33 am 
Super Genius

Disney is really getting its money's worth with Marvel. As a fan of Marvel superheroes, I'm blown away.

Especially excited that Black Panther and Captain Marvel have been announced!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:00 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Was hoping for a standalone Black Widow film. Scarlett Johanson can carry a film by herself, so not sure why she's being overlooked.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:17 am 
Platinum Edition

PatrickvD wrote:
Was hoping for a standalone Black Widow film. Scarlett Johanson can carry a film by herself, so not sure why she's being overlooked.

At least Marvel gave a reasonable explanation for that.

Quote:
“Black Widow couldn’t be more important as an Avenger, but like Hulk the Avengers films will be the films where they play a primary role,” said Feige. “Her part in Avengers: Age Of Ultron is very, very big and further develops her character. The plans we have for her through the rest of the Avengers saga are very big and she is a linchpin, in fact, to those films. So instead of taking her out there or doing a prequel which we haven’t done yet, we’re continuing the forward momentum of the continuity of the Cinematic Universe, of which Widow is a key part.”

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:35 am 
Super Genius

I prefer Black Widow as a supporting character, and she's gotten increasingly meatier roles in each film she's appeared (from Iron Man 2 to The Avengers to Captain America: The Winter Soldier), so it's good to hear that will continue. She's obviously an important part of the franchise, but the character does have some limitations compared to others. I might be more upset if we weren't getting a Captain Marvel solo film, a different female superhero with much more impressive and powerful abilities.

Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor are always going to be the big three until they're phased out, but I'm glad they're introducing new characters like Ant Man, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, and Dr. Strange instead of making solo films for less flashy characters like Black Widow and Hawkeye.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:10 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Sotiris wrote:
PatrickvD wrote:

At least Marvel gave a reasonable explanation for that.

Quote:
“Black Widow couldn’t be more important as an Avenger, but like Hulk the Avengers films will be the films where they play a primary role,” said Feige. “Her part in Avengers: Age Of Ultron is very, very big and further develops her character. The plans we have for her through the rest of the Avengers saga are very big and she is a linchpin, in fact, to those films. So instead of taking her out there or doing a prequel which we haven’t done yet, we’re continuing the forward momentum of the continuity of the Cinematic Universe, of which Widow is a key part.”

Thanks for that.

I guess it's mostly my disappointment that Johanson isn't getting a solo film while she's the one with the most star power outside of Downey Jr. While it's definitely changing there are still not enough female Box Office draws headlining big tentpole films. We need more Hunger games' and Gravity's and less Expendables and Total Recall remakes. But again, it's changing. And I'm glad Black Widow is still a key character. I find her easily the most interesting of the bunch.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:22 pm 
Gold Collection

Really looking forward to the upcoming slate. I'd say Black Panther and Captain Marvel are the highlights for me as well.

I was also really satisfied with The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy, so I'm looking forward to their respective sequels. With Civil War starring Iron Man and Black Panther, I'm wondering if we'll be getting more and more crossovers outside of the Avengers films. I hope so. The non-headlining Avengers (Hulk, Black Widow, and especially Hawkeye, plus Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and the Vision) need more time to shine.

There are some theories that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver will be Inhumans in this universe, instead of Mutants due to the rights issue with Fox. I think that could be a good work-around, and they could also give the characters some more spotlight in their own film (along with the actual Inhumans from the comics). I don't know what fans of the source material would think, though. I've never been invested in Marvel outside of the films.