Maleficent (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

It's fake, the horns are the felt Halloween costume piece photo-shop'd onto a picture of Angie's head...
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

THE SCRIPT HAS BEEN LEAKED:

http://pdfcast.org/pdf/maleficent
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

^
Because I'm a tad immature, this caught my eye:
Several WINGLESS, WIZENED BALD ELVISH MEN burst from the
branches, slapping her hands away from their nuts.
:P
RodryCroft
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RodryCroft »

I've just finished reading it.
I don't want to write any spoiler, but I'll say I like it. I know it's an old screenplay version, even the first page says it's dated January 2012, but I thought it was going to be a little bit different. Well, it really is an interesting Sleeping Beauty adaptation. Can't wait to see it on cinemas!!!!
WonderNeverOz
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WonderNeverOz »

RodryCroft wrote:I've just finished reading it.
I don't want to write any spoiler, but I'll say I like it. I know it's an old screenplay version, even the first page says it's dated January 2012, but I thought it was going to be a little bit different. Well, it really is an interesting Sleeping Beauty adaptation. Can't wait to see it on cinemas!!!!
I agree. While it is very dark, and different from the animated version, it is a very interesting take, and it actually does make sense. I also thought that it's kinda similar to the tv series "Once Upon a Time".

I wonder how close it is to the actual Charles Perrault's story though...
RodryCroft
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RodryCroft »

WonderNeverOz wrote:
RodryCroft wrote:I've just finished reading it.
I agree. While it is very dark, and different from the animated version, it is a very interesting take, and it actually does make sense. I also thought that it's kinda similar to the tv series "Once Upon a Time".

I wonder how close it is to the actual Charles Perrault's story though...
That's right!! It looks like the Once Upon A Time formula, which is great!!
I think the story of how she gets her horns and why she became so evil is very well developed. Also, the curse scene it's exactly the one in the animated film, which is even greater!!!
I'm sure Angelina is doing her best to give us a Maleficent we can be proud of. Can't wait for a trailer or some official images!!!!
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

I dont wanna risk spoiling anything in the movie, so I'm gonna download it and wait until I've seen the movie.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

Can someone please clarify for me... is Maleficent going to be filmed in the style of say Alice and Wonderland/Oz or is it going to be all live action (like the photos from the field?) I thought the script seems to give of that AIW vibe :P
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
RodryCroft
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RodryCroft »

I think it will be a mix. I'm sure they decide to film the farm village shots live action to give a natural look to that part of the film, after all, why would they model an entire field with cows in cgi if they can go to a real one??? The cottage where Briar Rose lives will be a real one for sure too
King Stefan's castle and Maleficents dominions will be all cgi.
Well, i think it will be that way
Kraken Guard
Special Edition

Post by Kraken Guard »

As interesting as this all seems...

... I'm sorry. But this is not Maleficent, nor will it ever be. That is all I'll have to say.

What ever happened to the REAL Mistress of all Evil, who took pleasure in the misfortune of others?

This is only the story of a Maleficent Wannabe. Nothing more.
WonderNeverOz
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WonderNeverOz »

Kraken Guard wrote:As interesting as this all seems...

... I'm sorry. But this is not Maleficent, nor will it ever be. That is all I'll have to say.

What ever happened to the REAL Mistress of all Evil, who took pleasure in the misfortune of others?

This is only the story of a Maleficent Wannabe. Nothing more.
I know that some people might dislike how they're giving Maleficent a background but I think it's necessary to create a whole movie about her.
Besides, "Once Upon a Time" is a big success to disney so it's good to see a movie with a similar formula. I mean how can u not think of Once Upon a Time when there's forehead kisss and a villains parent? lol

One thing that I really like about the movie is that they didn't keep the 3 good fairies names. Those 3 "good" fairies cannot be named as merryweather, flora, fauna.....just no.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

WARNING=As you are going to tell, I am ANGRY. So, this will be full of anger. Please don't tell me to calm. Please

Soooooo, I'm the only one who hates this?

As expected, this was horrendus. Think Alice in Wonderland was terrible? GET A LOAD OF THIS! This will be the most INSULTING, EMBARRASSING, “Screw you Walt Disney”, childhood-ruining movie that Disney WILL ever do. MAJOR SPOILERS:

First, Maleficient WAKES up Aurora?! Yeah, she and Aurora…WAIT FOR IT…are pretty much best friends! After all, in the movie, Aurora is hidden from her BECAUSE Maleficent want to kill her! Second, Aurora as THE QUEEN OF FAIRIES?! Wow.

Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather, and King Stefan. What has Disney done to you? :(

First, the 3 GOOD Fairies. Disney, they're called the 3 GOOD Fairies for a reason. Disney BUTCHERED them.

They are HORRIBLE. NO, OMG! They HATE Aurora. Not even kidding. They hate, taking care of her and her in general. They don’t even want to take care of Aurora, they had to b/c Stefan MAKES THEM. This is LITERALLY the first night with them and Baby Aurora:

“Aaaaaaah, she’s so annoying!”

“Shut the baby up.”

“I don’t know how to take care of her.”

Yeah, remember in Sleeping Beauty, how they love Aurora and take care of her?

YEAH, FORGET THAT! And when she is supposed to leave for her parents, THEY TELL HER THAT SHE SUCKS.

And Stefan? Remember in the movie how NICE and fair he is? This…he’s downright evil! He’s mean and mentally abusive to Queen Leah and treats Aurora and the fairies like trash. And he tries to kill Maleficent throughout the movie.

Just no, Disney. I TOTALLY called it. Walt Disney is rolling in his grave right now. They ruined his masterpiece. Down right smash it in pieces! They ruined my favorite Disney movie. This is why I didn’t want Disney to remake SB or do something like this. This needed love and care. But, NOPE. They…I can’t even.

Disney, thank you for ruining my childhood. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
qindarka
Special Edition

Post by qindarka »

Calm down, the original Sleeping Beauty still exists and no amount of crappy adaptations will ruin it. If you really dislike this so much, you can easily ignore it.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

qindarka wrote:
disneyprincess11 wrote:WARNING=As you are going to tell, I am ANGRY. So, this will be full of anger. Please don't tell me to calm. Please
Calm down
:lol:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

I'm not sure why people are surprised the script sucks? It was written by Linda Woolverton...

SOMEWHERE down the line, people got this silly idea in their heads that she was responsible for the success of The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast, overlooking the fact that animation is a collaborative effort. The success of those movies should be contributed to the storyboard artists, the many, many writers, the talented animators and above all, the musicians who made it come alive. Howard Ashman for example in the case of Beauty. And Elton John, Tim Rice and Hans Zimmer for Lion King.

Linda Woolverton was like a drop in an ocean, despite the fact that she got the screenplay credits. Alice in Wonderland has probably the worst script I've ever seen put to the big screen. But because it made SO much damn money, I doubt it has dawned on the executives at Disney that she's just an awful writer.

This script sucks. Turning Maleficent into a kind woman is the BIGGEST copout in the world. It was obviously too difficult to write a movie explaining how she became the most evil thing in the universe. Well, that's Linda Woolverton for ya.

Completely talentless.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

@PatrickvD: Well said. :clap:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Sotiris wrote:@PatrickvD: Well said. :clap:
Thanks. That's like the second time this week you've said this. I'm on a roll. :lol:
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Disney's Divinity wrote:
qindarka wrote:Calm down
:lol:
Knew it was going to happen. :P

@PatrickvD: THIS
Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

disneyprincess11 wrote:WARNING=As you are going to tell, I am ANGRY. So, this will be full of anger. Please don't tell me to calm. Please

Soooooo, I'm the only one who hates this?

As expected, this was horrendus. Think Alice in Wonderland was terrible? GET A LOAD OF THIS! This will be the most INSULTING, EMBARRASSING, “Screw you Walt Disney”, childhood-ruining movie that Disney WILL ever do. MAJOR SPOILERS:

First, Maleficient WAKES up Aurora?! Yeah, she and Aurora…WAIT FOR IT…are pretty much best friends! After all, in the movie, Aurora is hidden from her BECAUSE Maleficent want to kill her! Second, Aurora as THE QUEEN OF FAIRIES?! Wow.

Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather, and King Stefan. What has Disney done to you? :(

First, the 3 GOOD Fairies. Disney, they're called the 3 GOOD Fairies for a reason. Disney BUTCHERED them.

They are HORRIBLE. NO, OMG! They HATE Aurora. Not even kidding. They hate, taking care of her and her in general. They don’t even want to take care of Aurora, they had to b/c Stefan MAKES THEM. This is LITERALLY the first night with them and Baby Aurora:

“Aaaaaaah, she’s so annoying!”

“Shut the baby up.”

“I don’t know how to take care of her.”

Yeah, remember in Sleeping Beauty, how they love Aurora and take care of her?

YEAH, FORGET THAT! And when she is supposed to leave for her parents, THEY TELL HER THAT SHE SUCKS.

And Stefan? Remember in the movie how NICE and fair he is? This…he’s downright evil! He’s mean and mentally abusive to Queen Leah and treats Aurora and the fairies like trash. And he tries to kill Maleficent throughout the movie.

Just no, Disney. I TOTALLY called it. Walt Disney is rolling in his grave right now. They ruined his masterpiece. Down right smash it in pieces! They ruined my favorite Disney movie. This is why I didn’t want Disney to remake SB or do something like this. This needed love and care. But, NOPE. They…I can’t even.

Disney, thank you for ruining my childhood. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I think Linda Woolverton and George Lucas would make one heck of a team. *sigh* Why Disney? Why? I really hope this bombs so then Disney won't ask her to do any more scripts for them! I mean...Wow! Just wow! Look guys. I know Wicked made the whole "let's make the original literary villain more rounded and sympathetic" thing popular and that worked, but we don't need to see that with EVERY. SINGLE. VILLAIN. Some villains are just better being simply evil because they are cooler and more mysterious that way without giving a back story.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I agree it sucks. It's quite possibly the most horrible Script from a Disney film that I have ever read. Hopefully though this isn't the final product.

Although it could become a very guilty pleasure of mine :shifty:
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx