DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 83  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:10 pm 
Platinum Edition

Toky wrote:
It sounds like Linda Woolverton has gone wild again....Why does Disney have so much faith in her...I mean...writing a script for an animated movie doesn't mean she's capable of writing a script for a live action one. This whole 'Queen Ulla'(what a horrible name btw) thing and 'pixie king' sound to complicated and far-fetched.
Actually i'm scared of what Disney is going to do with the future projects of the live action Snowwhite and Cinderella.....

I dont doubt that she's lost her touch, but after seeing Terry Rossio's column, I have a hard time blaming anyone but the studios these days for poor scripts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:26 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

As a huge Maleficent fan, seeing these new characters and how they are diverting from the source material does worry me a bit, but I have faith overall. Imelda Staunton, Lesley Manville, and Miranda Richardson are all first class actors who are very respected. Their choice of projects shows a lot of taste and quality, so I doubt they would blindly go into this project without being sure it wouldn't be rubbish. I feel like I remember an article where Jolie herself said she was very impressed with the script (read into that what you will). These new names do seem scarily reminiscent of the Alice names, though those characters didn't have names initially. Until I see more, I remain optimistic, as the idea and cast are absolutely first rate thus far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:58 pm 
Platinum Edition

Toky wrote:
Actually i'm scared of what Disney is going to do with the future projects of the live action Snowwhite and Cinderella.....

Linda Woolverton is not touching those, hence they will be safe and probably better. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:52 am 
Super Genius

Quote:
Juno Temple is joining the cast of Maleficent, Disney’s live-action retelling of the Sleeping Beauty fairy tale.

Angelina Jolie is playing the title character in the fantasy that tells the story from the point of view of the fairy-witch who cursed Aurora to a permanent sleep on her 16th birthday. Robert Stromberg is directing.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... visionblog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:36 pm 
Special Edition

Oh wow, I am SO behind on my Disney news. I saw a link about Malificent on a sidebar of a movie site and thought I should get straight over here.

Ok, so it's happening, which is awesome. Gosh, we've been talking about this movie for years now! I don't know what rock I"ve been living under not knowing someone as famous as Angelina was going to be in it. I can see it, she could work it for sure. And I think the Aussie kid they got does look pretty Prince Phillip-y, lol.. As for Elle Fanning, she seems like a great choice for Aurora. Very ethereal.

I'll just add my 2 cents and say, that like almost everyone else, wtf is up with the weird name changes/plot twists. Bastard son? "Pixies"? Malificent's aunt or whatnot? Hmmm.... the only real problem I see here that is crucial, is the changing of Flora, Fauna and Merriweather's names. I mean, this is clearly and blatantly intended to be based off Disney's own adaptation... if you base it around your previous interpretations of characters, why change it? You made them in the first place. Odd decision there, oh well.

Excited but a bit more skeptical about this project. After the mess that was Alice in Wonderland I'm hoping Woolverton will do something better (please!!!!!!!!!!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:35 am 
Limited Edition

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:39 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Lnds500 wrote:

WHOA! She looks alike like Malificent!

FAVORITE DISNEY MOVIES: Sleeping Beauty, Meet the Robinsons, Enchanted, The Lion King, Frozen, Wreck-It Ralph, Toy Story 3, Finding Nemo, Brave, and Lilo and Stitch!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:40 am 
Limited Edition

that bone-cheek is slightly scary though..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:50 am 
Collector's Edition

Is this fan-made or a legit production photo?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:57 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

The photo looks cool, but it's really too vague of an angle to tell what the costume actually looks like. I hope they stick with the dracula collar and bat wings around her neck! Can't wait for more photos!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:58 am 
Limited Edition

DancingCrab wrote:
Is this fan-made or a legit production photo?

no, it's legit. Dinsey uploaded it on Facebook (Collider did too)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:58 pm 
Platinum Edition

I'm so glad Jolie got this role! I'm sure she'll be amazing in the role. The material they come up with may not work as well, but at least they've had strong casting so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:58 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Interesting. The only thing she needs is to have her skin painted greenish or something. THEN she'll be the spitting image of the Mistress of Evil herself. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:06 pm 
Collector's Edition

... I can only put my hands in the palm of my hands and sob quietly in a dark corner.

Why Angelina Jolie? She's my least favorite actress, playing my all-time favorite character of all-time... :(

There are several other actresses that could be great for the role of Maleficent. They could have gotten someone better... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:45 pm 
Limited Edition

*chuckles weirdly* Boobies.

Wait what? Sorry. Um, yeah, Jolie looks real good as Maleficent. I looked at her and she looks real good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:48 pm 
Collector's Edition

She looks good!

disneyprincess11 Stopping quoting images!

Also i'm surprised they are filming outside! I thought it was going to be like Alice in Wonderland?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2161644/Angelina-Jolie-dons-cheek-prosthetics-play-evil-sorceress-Maleficent.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:38 pm 
Collector's Edition

Lnds500 wrote:
no, it's legit. Dinsey uploaded it on Facebook (Collider did too)

Ok, thanks. It seems SUPER early for an official photo for a movie coming out in 2014, hence my skepticism. And she looks better than I thought they'd make her look, so I though it might be some fancy photoshop. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:49 pm 
Platinum Edition

totallyminnie86 wrote:
And I think the Aussie kid they got does look pretty Prince Phillip-y, lol...

What? Where? I don't remember seeing anything official about Prince Phillip yet!

Lnds500 wrote:
that bone-cheek is slightly scary though..

Yea, but I think they'll end up making both the cheek and the horns better in the finished film. Her horn headress definately doesn't look like the kind it was in the film or like it could have existed in the 14th century, did they even have black leather back then, if they did, they never wore it on their heads in any way like that, so I think they'll fix it. Thanks for posting the amazing picture though! Now I have a visual to show my aunt who has adored Maleficent ever since she saw the film when it first came out! I think she saw it then, 1959 sounds like she could have.

lord-of-sith wrote:
The photo looks cool, but it's really too vague of an angle to tell what the costume actually looks like. I hope they stick with the dracula collar and bat wings around her neck! Can't wait for more photos!

Yea, she needs those, and a horn headress that actually looks like from the 14th century, and fairies not pixies, and the correct names of Flora Fauna and Merryweather, and Stephen being King Stephen, et cetera. ;)

DisneyJedi wrote:
Interesting. The only thing she needs is to have her skin painted greenish or something. THEN she'll be the spitting image of the Mistress of Evil herself. :P

In the actual film, her skin has always seemed to be some kinda whitish grayish color that is only slightly bluish green. I think it's best way since it's more deathly and subtle.

Kraken Guard wrote:
... I can only put my hands in the palm of my hands and sob quietly in a dark corner.

Why Angelina Jolie? She's my least favorite actress, playing my all-time favorite character of all-time... :(

There are several other actresses that could be great for the role of Maleficent. They could have gotten someone better... :(

Don't give up hope. Maybe she'll be really good. I don't know why you think she's so bad, but we'll see. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:01 pm 
Collector's Edition

I love that photo!:D Angelina is the perfect Maleficent. I have hopes for this movie, although I'd wish they would have kept the original characters/names. (Even though I am complaining now, I will most certainly see it at the cinema and buy it on Blu-ray no matter how it turns out to be^^)

Disney's Facebook pages for Sleeping Beauty, princess Aurora and Maleficent. The movie Maleficent (2014) have yet to get it's own page though:
https://www.facebook.com/DisneySleepingBeauty
https://www.facebook.com/SleepingBeautyPrincessAurora
https://www.facebook.com/DisneyMaleficent

"Check out this first look image of Angelina Jolie as "Maleficent". Scheduled for release in 2014 "Maleficent" is the untold story of Disney’s most beloved villain, from the 1959 classic “Sleeping Beauty.” The film reveals the events that hardened her heart and drove her to curse the baby, Aurora."
Disney did publish the photo of Angelina Jolie on many of their pages, including Disney France, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures Spain and Walt Disney Nederland...

"Experience the untold story of Maleficent—in theaters 2014."
https://www.facebook.com/Disney

"Prepare to experience the untold story of Disney's most beloved villain. Maleficent arrives in theaters March 2014."
https://www.facebook.com/DisneyMovies

"Feast your eyes on the first image of Angelina Jolie as that mistress of all evil... Maleficent! Learn what hardened her heart and led her to curse Princess Aurora in theaters March 14, 2014."
https://www.facebook.com/DisneyMovieRewards

Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:51 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2162114/Angelina-Jolie-starts-shooting-new-Disney-movie-Maleficent.html

Some set photos of Jolie (and some bulls) have surfaced! I assume the scene in question takes place early in the film, and she dons the trademark Maleficent garb later on. The look Jolie is sporting here is initially off-putting, but upon further review, I think it works. If Elphaba in Wicked can start off looking like a nerd, I'm okay with Maleficent starting off like this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 83  Next