The Amazing Spider-Man

All topics on all things Marvel.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

The Amazing Spider-Man

Post by disneyboy20022 »

well...im not sure what this means for Spider-Man 4.....I didn't understand if it still will happen with Raimi and Maguire but no more after that with them......

and the plot of the reboot sounds something like the cartoon show now on called The Spectacular Spider-Man

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100112/ap_ ... pider_man4
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

So we should also expect a Batman reboot should Christopher Nolan not find a satisfactory plot for a "Dark Knight" sequel?
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Springheel you should read some of the local entertainment newspapers and you will know that Chris Nolan is back and "Batman 3" is going before the cameras this May for release in 2011. They are currently going over the over-20-hours of Joker footage with Heath Ledger that wasn't used in "Dark Night" because he is an integral part of the continuation of the story in the third movie.

Just thought you would like to know.

:)
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

good to know dvdjunkie....that's more progress of the film than i've heard so far...thanks..

Also I think Springheeljack might have been being sarcastic....

Also its official...Spider-Man 4 is no more...and Thor took over Spidey 4's release date to theaters

http://www.newsinfilm.com/2010/01/11/sp ... t-instead/

MutantEnemy
Special Edition

Post by MutantEnemy »

I think they need to leave this franchise alone for about 10 years and then do a reboot, it's too soon!

But...I'm sure that if Sony did that, the rights would revert to Disney, and you know they don't want that!
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

I want my Superman reboot.
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

I was, for the record, being a little sarcastic. Go figure. It just to me shows a lack of effort when in losing the cast and creative team of the past several movies, a studio says "Aw, hell, just start the whole thing over again". One of the articles I read promised a "contemporary" take on Spider-Man... because a movie released in 2002 is ancient history? And I will be the first to admit that "Spider-Man 3" was pretty much a mess. So why not just try to make a better follow-up, as opposed to rebooting something less than a decade old?
dvdjunkie wrote:Springheel you should read some of the local entertainment newspapers and you will know that Chris Nolan is back and "Batman 3" is going before the cameras this May for release in 2011. They are currently going over the over-20-hours of Joker footage with Heath Ledger that wasn't used in "Dark Night" because he is an integral part of the continuation of the story in the third movie.
Where did you read that? I've never heard anything about that before. IMDbPro only lists it as a project in development with even Christian Bale only "rumored" as being in the film, and says nothing about using unused footage of Heath Ledger (would they have enough to construct an entire new subplot with anyway?).
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I honestly do not know what to say about this except that I am getting sick of all these reboots and remakes. It's almost like Hollywood has nearly no creativity left.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

Yeah, as was mentioned, it's Superman that needs the reboot, or they should go bigscreen as a continuation from Smallville since Clark, Lex, and Lois were so perfectly cast on there (despite other problems). Though, of course, I'd like to see them use a different villain.

Anyway, if Raimi and Maguire aren't coming back, then yes, they should take a break from Spider-Man and later pick it up with a reboot that doesn't retell the story but just continues (but only if they do it well at making it seem like a continuation).

Oh, and that is AWESOME news about Batman! I just hope that, if he truly intended for Two-Face to be dead at the end of Dark Knight (which was left ambiguous), that he just doesn't mention the character in this film. I think it would be very lame to have Two-Face killed after such a brief existence, no matter how significant.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

This is a HUGE mistake! Sony is about to rape Spider-Man, mark my words. This from Superherohype.com:

This time around, the series will place Peter Parker in a more contemporary setting, as a teenager battling today's issues... Who will helm the new film is anyone's guess but with the studio interested in a more gritty, contemporary redo of the series, they are certainly focused on younger directors making waves in Hollywood. One name that has popped up is Marc Webb, the man behind (500) Day of Summer... Michael Bay has also previously expressed interest in taking over the Spider-Man franchise and Seabiscuit director Gary Ross worked on one of the drafts of Spider-Man 4 and is said to be a huge fan of the comic book series.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Marc Webb would be far from the worst choice to try his hand at this. I doubt the studios would want a Michael Bay-type making into a substance-free explosion-heavy action film, as Sam Raimi has had financial success doing something a little more above that.
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

My God, there's talk of Michael Bay directing. Has the world gone mad? Is the best anyone can hope for this new "reboot" mediocrity (or worse)?

They'll be better off not making any new Spider-Man movies for say a decade and then "rebooting". I think this shows selling toys is much more important than creating logical, well-written character driven stories. A shame, because the "suits" don't seem to realise that:

[a] This is what made Spider-Man (and The Fantastic Four etc) such revolutionary comics back in the early 1960s and what still keeps them popular to this day

and more importantly

This is what made the Spider-Man movies popular - and caused a huge backlash against Spider-Man 3 (it may have the biggest box office, but only due to hype).

Still, why bother to look and learn from the spectacular free-fall of the Batman movies of the late 80's/early 90's? History doesn't repeat at all does it?
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Michael Bay?! Are they mad?! If they get him to direct, then I will not watch. He'll ruin the franchise.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Micheal Bay? I hope Sony gets a restraining order to prevent him from ever coming anywhere near production of this film.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

New rule at Hollywood: if at first you don't succeed, reboot. Seriously though, I can't fathom the reasoning behind this. All three movies were huge hits and even the mediocre No. 3 got several things right. It's not like the series was beyond repair. Oh well, at least it ended with some kind of closure.

As for the new movie, other than it being completely pointless at this point, it can go both ways: really good or really bad. We'll see how things go.

I doubt it'll happen, but I'm hoping Disney butts in and renegotiates the terms of the Marvel/Sony deal thus preventing the new movie to be made unless it's under the Marvel banner. Say what you will, but Disney/Marvel merger is a good thing: Marvel now has someone to back them up in cases like this one.
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

I think the series just needs to die. The 3 films in my opinion are very overrated and to re-start it now would just be overkill. I think there has been overkill in the amount of Marvel superhero films recently anyway.
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

GOOD! Sam Raimi kept his promise to not let the producers compromise the movie's quality again after the whole Spider-Man 3 fiasco.

Spider-Man was good and Spider-Man 2 was great but Spider-Man 3 sucked. The movie was all over the place and was so overrun with characters (thanks to producer interference) that it never really found it's identity. If they would've just had Sandman and Vulture breaking out of jail like Raimi originally wanted, then it would've been great. I'm glad he walked away from Spider-Man 4 as I'd rather have a reboot then another mess due to producer interference. Raimi was going through many scripts, being really picky this time to make it up to the fans, and that time consuming nature just didn't play well with Sony execs. I thank Raimi for doing us a favor and not compromising.

Now if they reboot it as planned (supposedly using the script Raimi turned down and said was crappy), I hope they hire James Cameron. This guy was the first one to want to make this movie and wrote the original outline that gained all the interest. I really want to see what his original vision was before Sony stole the rights from him.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

jpanimation wrote:GOOD! Sam Raimi kept his promise to not let the producers compromise the movie's quality again after the whole Spider-Man 3 fiasco.

Spider-Man was good and Spider-Man 2 was great but Spider-Man 3 sucked. The movie was all over the place and was so overrun with characters (thanks to producer interference) that it never really found it's identity. If they would've just had Sandman and Vulture breaking out of jail like Raimi originally wanted, then it would've been great. I'm glad he walked away from Spider-Man 4 as I'd rather have a reboot then another mess due to producer interference. Raimi was going through many scripts, being really picky this time to make it up to the fans, and that time consuming nature just didn't play well with Sony execs. I thank Raimi for doing us a favor and not compromising.

Now if they reboot it as planned (supposedly using the script Raimi turned down and said was crappy), I hope they hire James Cameron. This guy was the first one to want to make this movie and wrote the original outline that gained all the interest. I really want to see what his original vision was before Sony stole the rights from him.
Are you kidding? First off, firing Raimi was the DUMBEST thing Sony could have done. It was the producers at Sony, NOT Raimi, that made Spider-Man 3 not as good as it could have been.

Second, the producers will ruin this film. I'm not sure as of now if this is final or not, but word is they are making the "Twilight" kid the new Spider-Man.

Finally, hiring James Cameron would be the final icing on the "How can we take the greatest comic book franchise ever and shove it down the toilet" cake that Sony is making for us. Did you ever actually read Cameron's script?

It included:

*Spidey villain Electro as a parody of corrupt capitalists.

*Sandman's new name is "Boyd.

*harsh language.

*Spidey and MJ have a hot sex scene.

*J. Jonah Jameson is a TV personality.

*No Daily Bugle.

Cameron's vision would most likely have been "R" rated. Something about an "R" rated Spidey just does not sit well with me. Making him the new director would be the dumbest move they have made since firing Sam Raimi, who actually knew what he was doing!

It is not fair that Raimi takes the fall for Spidey 3 when it was really Sony who should take the blame and who will continue to destroy this character! Marvel needs to save their flagship character while they still can...
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

milojthatch wrote:
jpanimation wrote:GOOD! Sam Raimi kept his promise to not let the producers compromise the movie's quality again after the whole Spider-Man 3 fiasco.

Are you kidding? First off, firing Raimi was the DUMBEST thing Sony could have done. It was the producers at Sony, NOT Raimi, that made Spider-Man 3 not as good as it could have been.

Second, the producers will ruin this film. I'm not sure as of now if this is final or not, but word is they are making the "Twilight" kid the new Spider-Man.

Finally, hiring James Cameron would be the final icing on the "How can we take the greatest comic book franchise ever and shove it down the toilet" cake that Sony is making for us. Did you ever actually read Cameron's script?

It included:

*Spidey villain Electro as a parody of corrupt capitalists.

*Sandman's new name is "Boyd.

*harsh language.

*Spidey and MJ have a hot sex scene.

*J. Jonah Jameson is a TV personality.

*No Daily Bugle.

Cameron's vision would most likely have been "R" rated. Something about an "R" rated Spidey just does not sit well with me. Making him the new director would be the dumbest move they have made since firing Sam Raimi, who actually knew what he was doing!

It is not fair that Raimi takes the fall for Spidey 3 when it was really Sony who should take the blame and who will continue to destroy this character! Marvel needs to save their flagship character while they still can...

Well....good or not...I don't think James Cameron will have his time available to Spider-ma with his planned Avatar 2 and Avatar 3 that he announced....

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-t ... ilogy.html

I know Michael Bay probably isn't the best candidate.....but would JJ Abrams be good or willing? I mean he did reboot Star Trek in a good way although I realize Spider-man is in no way a simliar story to Star Trek but he does do good reboots?? Or better yet let him reboot the Superman Franchise perhaps?