Disney's "The Snow Queen" in 2013?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Polizzi
Special Edition

Post by Polizzi »

Too bad Gerda and Kai are being replaced, to keep it away from Wizart's version. But I don't blame it.

Example 1: Disney's, "Rapunzel (Tangled)," Disney replaced a prince with a bandit named Flynn Rider.

Example 2: DreamWorks Animation's, "Puss in Boots," where they changed the story to keep it part of the, "Shrek," films.

Example 3: DreamWorks Animation's, "How to Train Your Dragon," when they changed the story to go by their ideas instead of the books, since it would cost a lot of money to adapt every book. Instead, they adapt the characters. (Lucky for Warner Bros., they have plenty of money to adapt every, "Harry Potter," books instead of just adapting characters and provide their version.)

For the record, Disney is changing the story and characters based on Hans Christian Andersen's, "The Snow Queen," to attract boys, since Disney's, "Rapunzel (Tangled)."
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

Polizzi wrote:Too bad Gerda and Kai are being replaced, to keep it away from Wizart's version. But I don't blame it.

Example 1: Disney's, "Rapunzel (Tangled)," Disney replaced a prince with a bandit named Flynn Rider.

Example 2: DreamWorks Animation's, "Puss in Boots," where they changed the story to keep it part of the, "Shrek," films.

Example 3: DreamWorks Animation's, "How to Train Your Dragon," when they changed the story to go by their ideas instead of the books, since it would cost a lot of money to adapt every book. Instead, they adapt the characters. (Lucky for Warner Bros., they have plenty of money to adapt every, "Harry Potter," books instead of just adapting characters and provide their version.)

For the record, Disney is changing the story and characters based on Hans Christian Andersen's, "The Snow Queen," to attract boys, since Disney's, "Rapunzel (Tangled)."
I don't know about that because Anna seems to be the main character of the story and the fact that they keep the Snow Queen in indicates that this will still have focus on her.Also it seems that this instead of being a rescue mission will instead be a quest to stop the curse.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

qindarka wrote:Calm down.
Calm down? Is he typing in caps that I’m not seeing? :lol:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
FigmentJedi
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FigmentJedi »

Polizzi wrote:Too bad Gerda and Kai are being replaced, to keep it away from Wizart's version. But I don't blame it.

Yeah, but Wizart's version probably isn't prominent enough to even be on concerned marketing people's radars. It's pretty silly to think it would be enough to cause Disney to drop the book characters as a result.
Polizzi
Special Edition

Post by Polizzi »

jazzflower92 wrote:I don't know about that because Anna seems to be the main character of the story and the fact that they keep the Snow Queen in indicates that this will still have focus on her.Also it seems that this instead of being a rescue mission will instead be a quest to stop the curse.
Stop the curse? Wouldn't that be similar to Disney and Pixar's, "Brave," where Merida has to stop the curse as well? However, she started the curse by changing her fate to get this suitor business off her back, and into her freedom. Anyway, here's the site about Disney's, "The Snow Queen (Frozen)," from Animation Magazine.

More Details Revealed About Disney’s ‘Frozen’
https://www.animationmagazine.net/featu ... ys-frozen/
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

Polizzi wrote:
jazzflower92 wrote:I don't know about that because Anna seems to be the main character of the story and the fact that they keep the Snow Queen in indicates that this will still have focus on her.Also it seems that this instead of being a rescue mission will instead be a quest to stop the curse.
Stop the curse? Wouldn't that be similar to Disney and Pixar's, "Brave," where Merida has to stop the curse as well? However, she started the curse by changing her fate to get this suitor business off her back, and into her freedom. Anyway, here's the site from Animation Magazine.

More Details Revealed About Disney’s ‘Frozen’
https://www.animationmagazine.net/featu ... ys-frozen/
We can cross our figures and hope they kept some of the elements from the story in this movie.I am betting that the Snow Queen is either an AntiVillian who is misunderstood or a pure evil figure.I think they may try to explore and even give the Snow Queen a past.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Either way, I've heard Idina Menzel is now attached, making this her second time working on a Disney movie. :)

I am a little dismayed that Alan Menken is no longer doing the music. What's up with that?! :(
robster16
Special Edition

Post by robster16 »

Going by the names, the story will most likely take a scandinavian/russian approach to the story. The name Kristoff means "bearing christ" and is scandinavian of origin. Anna is commonly heard of in Russian territories. Elsa also has a german/scandinavian ring to it.

The thought of Scandinavian and Russian influences in the look and feel of the movie and art direction really excites me!

Funny tidbit, there is an english movie actress by the name of Elsa Lanchester, who famously played the Bride of Frankenstein. I wonder if they'll use elements of her look in the new movie.

DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

Yes, or as she is known to Disney fans, as Bitch Extraordinaire, Katie Nanna!

DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

Eveyone let's just calm down a minute. I put all my faith in Disney that Frozen is going to be great. It's over a year a way guys, so they aren't exactly going to tell us the whole story with every detail! Just let's just wait until more news surfaces :)

Out of the 3 above. The middle one is by far my favorite!
The 1st and 2nd ones look very bland designs.

I really hope Disney develop a Villain to the standards of Ursula, Maleficent and the Evil Queen. They have real potential here to add The Snow Queen to (the extremely under marketed) Disney Villains Franchise. They could add her to the theme parks and even the shows!

Don't get me wrong I loved Mother Gothel and Dr Facilier but they haven't been so strongly received by others and it really disappointed me Gothel wasn't added to the theme parks!

And for the character names, I'm fine with that! 8)
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

I don't think she should be a villain. She should be more of a neutral/indifferent force.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

So, here's my list of reactions:

1) Idina Menzel-Voicing the Snow Queen:

EDFRGTFGJYKGHMTGFHBSDXVFGHFRJTMKB,LUJJHGFDHJKJHFGDFSHGJFDSHGFDSGHFDSFGH!!!!!!!
:pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink:

THANK YOU, DISNEY!!!!!! Now, they have Kristin Chenowith in this and my life will be complete!

2. Anna and Kristoff??? :o

I guess I like those changes. I don't really mind the names, but why CHANGE the plot? :( Yes, they did a lot with Tangled, but it's still the fairytale. This fairytale is about a girl, trying to save her friend from the Snow Queen. They're taking away the main plot here. But, Puss in Boots did the same thing was a good movie, so....(but yet, it was Shrek)

3. Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez?

Yeah, I was rooting for Alan Menkin too. :( After all, like Princess and the Frog, he was the original choice to do the music. But, the Lopezs did a great job on the songs in WtP, so I trust them. :)

Besides, he DOES Broadway shows like Book of Mormon. Dang, Disney LOVES Broadway! :lol:
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

I am still rooting that the make her a tragic villian who became this way because she also was cursed.I still think if Eartha Kitt was still alive she would have played a great Snow Queen.God Rest the voice of Yzma and the black Catwoman.Eartha Kitt did play the Snow Queen for that show called Happily Ever After: Fairytales for Every Child.

<object><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mt6i8PtXILQ?ve ... ge"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mt6i8PtXILQ?ve ... detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Anyway I hope they give the Snow Queen a great villian song.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

jazzflower92 I loved Eartha Kitt as Yzma, Yzma is my favorite Disney Villain!!! R.I.P Eartha Kitt :(

But anyway i don't think she would be suitable for the role of the Snow Queen personally. Like Eartha Kitt was so good as Yzma because she had this comical feel to her. And I think the Snow Queen is going for a more serious approach.
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

Yeah,if they were going for a more serious approach to the character of the Snow Queen then yeah I think Eartha Kitt would not be the best pick but if they were making the Snow Queen into a deliciously evil diva with humour then Eartha Kitt was just the girl to do it.

Since they are going for a more serious approach with the Snow Queen do you think that the Snow Queen will be a antivillian who is only doing since because she is cursed herself.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

:lol: I have no idea. But i'm sure whatever the outcome in will be the right one!

Also juat as Tangled went up against Megamind in the Box Office (Tangled thrashed Megamind :D ) Frozen looks like it will be competing with Dreamworks' Mister Peabody. I'm not aware of that movie at all and I really hope Disney comes out on top again!
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

DisneyDude2010 wrote:jazzflower92 I loved Eartha Kitt as Yzma, Yzma is my favorite Disney Villain!!! R.I.P Eartha Kitt :(

But anyway i don't think she would be suitable for the role of the Snow Queen personally. Like Eartha Kitt was so good as Yzma because she had this comical feel to her. And I think the Snow Queen is going for a more serious approach.
I don't know, I think Eartha would still be a good choice for the SQ. She has a good, seductive, scheming voice for her. Not to mention, her singing voice and her, playing Catwoman in Batman.

Also, about the designs:

I really hope that they give Snow Queen a "Malficient meets Cruella Devil" design. I can picture her totally evil like Malificent, but really fun like Cruella because of Idina. Plus, I really hope the Snow Queen seduces Kristoff (in the story, she kidnaps the boy to keep him) because coming from Herecules (The Series), Idina seduces really well:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zRU8KLItobU" frameborder="0"></iframe>
^^And her design would help that.

BTW: Yeah, I'm sure they will put stuff from the tale in the movie. I can picture the SQ kidnapping Kristoff and having Anna, doing a puzzle to save him like in the fairy tale.

I mean as long as they put stuff from the tale, I'm cool with the random changes
Last edited by disneyprincess11 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Honestly, whoever's voicing Yzma now just doesn't do her justice. Anyways, does anyone remember the whole Ice Bitch thing? :D
Dream Huntress
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Dream Huntress »

Yay for Idina Menzel as the Snow Queen, but bumer that they're replacing Kai and Gerda and that Alan Menken is not longer attached to the project.
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

Dream Huntress wrote:Yay for Idina Menzel as the Snow Queen, but bumer that they're replacing Kai and Gerda and that Alan Menken is not longer attached to the project.
I am thinking that Anna and Karloff are just reimagined versions of Kai and Gerda.I hope their won't be a bounty on Disney's head for these changes. :lol: