DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:54 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I have a question: assuming that the plans for a Star Wars-type overlay go through, will Disneyland's Tomorrowland be renamed Star Wars Land?

And please, no joking or sarcasm.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:56 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Wait, what ? Tomorrowland is having a Star Wars overlay ? Didn't know that was happening!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:07 pm 
Special Edition

It's not happening, people! It's nothing more than a big fat lie created by the people of MiceChat--those guys always make up lies! NEVER listen to them or read that site EVER! :angry:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:44 am 
Collector's Edition

I HOPE NOT.

Can people stop putting Non-Disney stuff into the Disney parks? It's already annoying with Marvel heroes having face characters, and Avatar Land, but now we have this!?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:46 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Exactly my thoughts too !

I have a horrible feeling that after they've done New Fantasyland they feel like they've 'done Disney' and will focus on other properties. So disappointed if they really do do that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:54 pm 
Collector's Edition

thedisneyspirit wrote:
It's already annoying with Marvel heroes having face characters, and Avatar Land, but now we have this!?

There're Marvel face characters at Disney parks???

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:14 pm 
Special Edition

Linden wrote:
thedisneyspirit wrote:
It's already annoying with Marvel heroes having face characters, and Avatar Land, but now we have this!?

There're Marvel face characters at Disney parks???

Yeah, Captain America is going to be at Disneyland to promote Winter Solider and I do believe that Thor was there, while Dark World was in theaters and as for Star Wars, they've had a presence in the parks for a very long time and while there are rumors of a Star Wars land coming to Disney World, I thought that it was going into Hollywood Studios. Which makes sense as that park houses Star Tours and the Jedi Training Academy.

Favorite Princesses, 1. Rapunzel, 2. Ariel, 3. Sofia, 4.Elsa, 5. Belle, 6. Cinderella/Anna

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:37 am 
Collector's Edition

^I didn't know that! Do you know if the Marvel characters were only in Hollywood Studios or if they were in other parks? And what lands they were in?

I assumed Star Wars Land would be in Hollywood Studios too. It's the best fit, and there's plenty of wasted space. (It's my least favourite park, no offense!)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:23 am 
Special Edition

Linden wrote:
^I didn't know that! Do you know if the Marvel characters were only in Hollywood Studios or if they were in other parks? And what lands they were in?

I assumed Star Wars Land would be in Hollywood Studios too. It's the best fit, and there's plenty of wasted space. (It's my least favourite park, no offense!)

As a Hollywood Studios fan (favorite park), I agree that it needs work and as of right now, Marvel characters aren't allowed in Disney World because of Universal Studios still having the theme park rights. I do recall hearing quite a few rumors about an expansion to Hollywood Studios that would include Star Wars Land, getting rid of Beauty and The Beast: Live Onstage and replacing it with a Tangled show akin to its predecessor. Which I'd be all for as I like Tangled is one of my all time favorite movies and I'd love to see it get some theme park love other the the bathrooms. There were also talks of a Monsters. Inc roller coaster and I do believe at one point, they considered brining Cars Land to the east coast.

Favorite Princesses, 1. Rapunzel, 2. Ariel, 3. Sofia, 4.Elsa, 5. Belle, 6. Cinderella/Anna

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:22 pm 
Special Edition

thedisneyspirit wrote:
I HOPE NOT.

Can people stop putting Non-Disney stuff into the Disney parks? It's already annoying with Marvel heroes having face characters, and Avatar Land, but now we have this!?

There's nothing wrong with non-Disney properties being in Disney's park. Saying such hateful things means that you also most likely hate The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, etc.

Also, Star Wars, Marvel, etc. are not "non-Disney" properties anymore anyway.

And give Avatar a chance! Reserve judgement until you actually see it for yourself.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:23 pm 
Special Edition

Linden wrote:

The Star Wars expansion IS coming to Hollywood Studios in the future.

The DL rumors are, once again, just big fat lies made up by MiceChat (they always make up lies just to get attention, so ignore them).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:48 pm 
Collector's Edition

disneyphilip wrote:
thedisneyspirit wrote:
I HOPE NOT.

There's nothing wrong with non-Disney properties being in Disney's park. Saying such hateful things means that you also most likely hate The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, etc.

Also, Star Wars, Marvel, etc. are not "non-Disney" properties anymore anyway.

And give Avatar a chance! Reserve judgement until you actually see it for yourself.

"Hateful"? I dunno what's up with you anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:16 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Do you think Disney would really do this ?

If they did, I'll bet it will only be at one of the American parks. It really wouldn't work in Paris; most of Tomorrow Land looks vintage anyway, as that's the main theme…Jules Verne etc.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:01 pm 
Gold Collection

Atlantica wrote:
It really wouldn't work in Paris; most of Tomorrow Land looks vintage anyway, as that's the main theme…Jules Verne etc.

I've just recently read something about a Star Wars themed expansion coming to Discoveryland in Paris, next to the Star Tours attraction, as part of their plans for the coming years. But it would not be a complete make over of Discoveryland. Paris should then also get the new version of Star Tours.

The plans also mention that Space Mountain, mission II should close next year to get new trains and interior changes. A return to the storyline "from the earth to the moon" is apparently among the possibilities.

These plans for the Paris Resort's future mainly featured changes and expansions to the second park, Walt Disney Studios. Which will apparently get quite some exterior changes to make the park more attractive.

The plans include a Marvel-themed make over of the Backlot-area, in which Rock 'n Roller Coaster would be re-themed to Spiderman, flying between skyscrapers.
Also the Toy Story area would be completed with the addition of Toy Story Mania.

I don't know how many of these plans are definite or for the near future (plans change over time anyway), and if they are completely true, but the source seemed reliable.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:32 am 
Collector's Edition

I like the fact that Tomorrowland is very steampunk-ish.

Imagine if Disney owned Planet of the Apes, it'd be pretty cool if they remade Tomorrowland to look like a futuristic ape society.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:59 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

…..orrrr they could just develop what they already have rather than cashing in on yet another non Disney property.

(Well yes, I know it is Disney, but you know what I mean).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:56 pm 
Limited Edition

Or better yet, more original ideas!

Because who needs more unique Disney experiences like the Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, the Jungle Cruise, the Maelstrom, Expedition Everest, and the like when you can just lazily incorporate elements from your films instead! Not that there aren't plenty of excellent property-based attractions, mind you.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:49 pm 
Collector's Edition

I was just teasing with that post. :P (mind you, a planet of the apes theme park on its own would be the most gimmicky and cash out thing ever, but i'd still go to it).

Well, after Frozen's success, it seems Disney is intent on turning all of the parks into "Arendelle", so I'm not surprised if creativity is scarce.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:48 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Disney plans expanded 'Star Wars' presence at theme parks

Quote:
But, fear not: The Walt Disney Co. has big theme park plans for its big franchise. “We’re also developing ideas and designs for a far greater Star Wars presence in our parks,” Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger told investors on the company’s quarterly earnings call Tuesday. “We expect to provide details about this sometime next year.”

When asked whether or not Disney has a parks franchise that’s comparable to Harry Potter for Universal, Iger mentioned Cars and the Disney Princesses, and promised that Star Wars, “is going to be just that.”

Iger also offered a small, if unsurprising, nugget about the film itself, which is set to hit theaters on Dec. 18, 2015. “Production on Star Wars: Episode VII is on track,” he said, declining, when prompted, to answer any questions about Harrison Ford’s on-set accident. Iger added: “The footage we’ve seen so far is spectacular and certainly worthy of the fan frenzy and excitement this movie is generating around the world.”

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/08/05/disne ... 17b347a0f5

FAVORITE DISNEY MOVIES: Sleeping Beauty, Meet the Robinsons, Enchanted, The Lion King, Frozen, Wreck-It Ralph, Toy Story 3, Finding Nemo, Brave, and Lilo and Stitch!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:42 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

disneyprincess11 wrote:
Disney plans expanded 'Star Wars' presence at theme parks

Quote:
But, fear not: The Walt Disney Co. has big theme park plans for its big franchise. “We’re also developing ideas and designs for a far greater Star Wars presence in our parks,” Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger told investors on the company’s quarterly earnings call Tuesday. “We expect to provide details about this sometime next year.”

When asked whether or not Disney has a parks franchise that’s comparable to Harry Potter for Universal, Iger mentioned Cars and the Disney Princesses, and promised that Star Wars, “is going to be just that.”

Iger also offered a small, if unsurprising, nugget about the film itself, which is set to hit theaters on Dec. 18, 2015. “Production on Star Wars: Episode VII is on track,” he said, declining, when prompted, to answer any questions about Harrison Ford’s on-set accident. Iger added: “The footage we’ve seen so far is spectacular and certainly worthy of the fan frenzy and excitement this movie is generating around the world.”

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/08/05/disne ... 17b347a0f5

So does it look like Disneyland's Tomorrowland will be renamed "Star Wars Land"?