DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:18 pm 
Special Edition

In a recent MiceAge update, there is a surprising revelation: There is serious talk that Mickey's Toontown and Big Thunder Ranch could go to Yesterland to pave the way for StarWars Land and Marvel!!!! :o :o :o

http://micechat.com/77851-marvel-at-disneyland-resort/

If this is true, it's very upsetting. Toontown is one of the best-themed areas of the park, not to mention its excellent attractions like Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin, Gadget's Go Coaster and the Mickey and Minnie Meet-n-Greets, among other kid favorites. And Disneyland just wouldn't be the same without the classic Big Thunder Ranch! :huh:

Maybe we should start a petition to stop this outrageous move!!!!! :angry: There are plenty of places where StarWars and Marvel could be established without removing two of the best places at DL!!!

What do you guys think about this? Is there anything we could do? Anyone have more info on this???

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:35 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I already mentioned this here: http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31430&start=20.

In any case, I've been told that any news from MiceChat should be, to be kind, taken with a grain of salt because they are not the most reliable news source in the world. They usually produce these kinds of news just to get attention, and they have little credibility, if any at all.

Of course, considering that the "news" has spread to other websites, I'm not sure what to believe.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:50 pm 
Special Edition

Big Disney Fan wrote:
I already mentioned this here: http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31430&start=20.

In any case, I've been told that any news from MiceChat should be, to be kind, taken with a grain of salt because they are not the most reliable news source in the world. They usually produce these kinds of news just to get attention, and they have little credibility, if any at all.

Of course, considering that the "news" has spread to other websites, I'm not sure what to believe.

Yeah, I saw that only after I posted my topic. Sorry. I was just so shocked at the news that I wanted to get some input on it. In any case, I don't like it. I think it would be wrong to remove Toontown. It would be such a huge loss!!!! Roger Rabit is one of my favorite rides and the whole area just feels very magical! I hope they can find a way to still do StarWars if they want, without losing Toontown!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:47 pm 
Special Edition

Big Disney Fan wrote:

Things like that always happen whenever something like that gets posted by one website--it spreads like a virus, with other sites giving in to the lies, so don't believe them.

This is all because MiceChat made up a bunch of lies as usual.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:37 pm 
Collector's Edition

I'm neither a Marvel nor Star Wars fan but I wouldn't miss Toon Town or the Ranch. I'd love to see some E tickets in their place.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:30 pm 
Special Edition

carolinakid wrote:
I'm neither a Marvel nor Star Wars fan but I wouldn't miss Toon Town or the Ranch. I'd love to see some E tickets in their place.

Not everything has to be an E-Ticket! I'm sick of that mentality among so-called fans! :x

Toontown and the Ranch are awesome areas and will not be leaving anytime in the future, so you might as well get used to it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:02 pm 
Limited Edition

Don't believe in everything what Miceage just said. The Miceage reporters are total liars! :glare: There is no way Disneyland should get rid of Toontown. Yes, it needs improvements, especially Goofy's house needs to be like a painting game like Tokyo Disneyland has, but there is no way Disney should take away Mickey and friends home. :glare: Also, Big Thunder Ranch is here to stay whether you guys like it or not. :glare: So don't listen to miceage, because this stupid rumor is childish nonsense. :glare:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:36 pm 
Special Edition

I would miss Toontown but not Big Thunder Ranch. I remember that when they built BTR it was supposed to be temporary. That probably was 25 years ago?

I'd love to see them tear that out, the old Fantasyland skyway station and Chip N' Dale's Treehouse in Toontown . . . they could then connect everything meaning there would be more than one entrance/exit to Toontown which might help.

As far as what they would put into that space? I don't care. But I'm with carolinakid. I hope it's larger than life awesome like Splash Mountain rather than something that's fun but not that amazing . . . like Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:46 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Again, I'd try and take this with a grain of salt, but according to another thread by MiceChat, it looks like the replace-Toontown-with-Star-Wars rumor is starting to "have legs": http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/198358-more-confirmation-s-toon-town-out-star-wars-land-go-after-60th.html. Here's what they said:

The person I'm closest to with the closest insider ties passed this one along (along with a Paint The Night parade confirmation for the 60th starting in May).

Contacts confirmed it will be in Toon Town area although they have considered Thunder Ranch area, Submarine and Autopia area also.

Again, I'm taking this with a grain of salt, but it has also spread to at least one other site: http://www.chipandco.com/toontown-replaced-star-wars-land-disneyland-resort-200111/.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:12 pm 
Special Edition

Big Disney Fan wrote:
Again, I'd try and take this with a grain of salt, but according to another thread by MiceChat, it looks like the replace-Toontown-with-Star-Wars rumor is starting to "have legs": http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/198358-more-confirmation-s-toon-town-out-star-wars-land-go-after-60th.html. Here's what they said:

The person I'm closest to with the closest insider ties passed this one along (along with a Paint The Night parade confirmation for the 60th starting in May).

Contacts confirmed it will be in Toon Town area although they have considered Thunder Ranch area, Submarine and Autopia area also.

Again, I'm taking this with a grain of salt, but it has also spread to at least one other site: http://www.chipandco.com/toontown-replaced-star-wars-land-disneyland-resort-200111/.

STOP GIVING IN TO THOSE STUPID MICECHAT LIES ALREADY! :angry:

Please stop bringing all this up--by doing that, you're feeding the trolls...and MiceChat is already chock full of trolls who'll believe ANYTHING they hear as it is. Plus, anybody can say anything as well as make up stories, like those particular MiceChatters did.

And lies like this only spread because we let them. And just because they spread does not mean that they're true. Understand that!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:16 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

disneyphilip wrote:

Please stop bringing all this up--by doing that, you're feeding the trolls...and MiceChat is already chock full of trolls who'll believe ANYTHING they hear as it is. Plus, anybody can say anything as well as make up stories, like those particular MiceChatters did.

And lies like this only spread because we let them. And just because they spread does not mean that they're true. Understand that!

I'm not trying to give in to any lies, it's just that Toontown is a great section. The fact that they keep bringing it up kinda hits me personally. And I got it wrong, it was the other way around. It was the one site (http://www.chipandco.com/toontown-replaced-star-wars-land-disneyland-resort-200111/) that blurbed about it this time and it was MiceAge that picked up on it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:21 pm 
Special Edition

:o Whoa!!!! Guys! No need to start the fireworks going over this! Hopefully, it is just a rumor. But we'll see. You never know with Disney, right? :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:34 pm 
Collector's Edition

disneyphilip wrote:
Big Disney Fan wrote:

Stop being so rude. It's frustrating reading posts by you.

http://www.invelos.com/DVDCollection.aspx/Pocahontas

Disneyland Trips: 09/87, 12/08

Walt Disney World Trips: 09/08, 12/09, 06/11, 09/14

Knott's Berry Farm: 09/87, 12/08