Disenchanted

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Re: Enchanted 2 Discussion

Post by DisneyJedi »

Kyle wrote:Probably because after Frozen everyone knows and loves idina now. Its also a way to bring in some hand drawn animation without fully committing to it like a full animated feature would demand.
I knew her before she even played a Disney character. :(

And of course they'd have to have the "fairy tale" world scenes hand-drawn animated. It looks better that way in terms of contrast against the real life world.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Plenty of people did, but now she's pretty much a household name. Even people who never follow broadway know her. Glee probably helped too.
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

I once played with the idea of telling the story of Hans Christian Andersen's The Snow Queen using Enchanted 2.

Nancy (Idina Menzel), now the Queen of Andalasia witness the events of the Troll King's failed attempt to bring the Mirror into Heaven. Seeing the effects of the broken mirror pieces of the inhabitants of the world, she takes it upon herself to control the damage by abducting and containing all those affected within her castle, attempting to help them regain their vision of the good in life. Eventually Nancy herself falls victim to the mirror shards and transforms herself into the Snow Queen, and turns her refuge into a prison.

Prince Edward manages to escape Nancy's castle and enters into our world to notify Giselle, who returns home to save her captured friends. Giselle plays the role of Gerda and her friends the role of Kai.
Scamander
Special Edition

Post by Scamander »

Kyle wrote:Plenty of people did, but now she's pretty much a household name. Even people who never follow broadway know her.
Image :twisted:
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

That certainly helped as well yes. rotfl
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

DisneyJedi wrote:I knew her before she even played a Disney character. :(
You hipster. :wink:
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

thedisneyspirit wrote:
DisneyJedi wrote:I knew her before she even played a Disney character. :(
You hipster. :wink:
Seriously, I knew who Idina was by the time Wicked came to Broadway. So what?
Warm Regards
Special Edition

Post by Warm Regards »

DisneyJedi wrote:
thedisneyspirit wrote: You hipster. :wink:
Nothing wrong with knowing a person before they become megastars. Take pride in that, my friend, you were there in their early days.

Now if only the same thing could happen to a few of my favorite actors...
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

DisneyJedi wrote:
thedisneyspirit wrote: You hipster. :wink:
You saw the winky face right? Disneyspirit was joking, because you sorta come off like people who like indy bands "before it was cool". You don't have anything to prove.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

I am sure that DisneyJedi was playing around too. And yeah, I did know her way before Frozen too
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

Kyle wrote:
DisneyJedi wrote: Seriously, I knew who Idina was by the time Wicked came to Broadway. So what?
You saw the winky face right? Disneyspirit was joking, because you sorta come off like people who like indy bands "before it was cool". You don't have anything to prove.
Exactly. It's less about elitism and more about how you worded your feelings. 8) Never heard of a hipster Disneyjedi?

Also, I'm not trying to be all smug or anything. I also knew her before from RENT and Wicked, years ago.

People need to lighten up around here.

Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

It's finally happening! :pink:
We’ve heard rumblings over the years of minimal movement on Enchanted 2, but now sources tell us that the project is seriously heating up over at the Mouse House. Anne Fletcher (The Proposal) remains attached to direct, and the studio is now in the process of punching up the script with the hopes that it will be in greenlight-ready shape very soon. What’s more, we know the current working title: Disenchanted.
Source: http://collider.com/enchanted-2-titled- ... at-disney/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Sotiris wrote:It's finally happening! :pink:
I wouldn't say that if the script has not been green-lit yet.

If TRON 3 was any indication, a Disney movie doesn't happen until it gets released to theatres.

It's also already been 8 years since the first movie was released. As much as I still love the first movie, a sequel now seems both pointless and irrelevant.
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Well... I would have been ok w a sequel... but yeah, too much time has passed. James Mardsen once said that these characters are not supposed to age... and he and Amy Adams have aged in the past 8 years. And if it is not in production yet, it would still be another 2 years till it came out...

Plus, I don't like Kevin Lima not directing. You could tell he knew and loved disney animation... and he was an animator himself...

I doubt this movie will happen anyway.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

James Marsden said the fairy tale characters aren't supposed to age? He must've meant in fairy tale land. No way would the filmmakers have decided, "Yea, in the real world, Robert and his daughter age, but Giselle doesn't!" That would lead to all sorts of problems.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Hmm, can't say I think it's needed. Enchanted worked perfectly well as a one-shot film and tied up loose ends pretty well overall. Plus, as popular as Enchanted was back in 2007/2008 (and even then it wasn't a huge blockbuster), it seems as though Disney has since let the public forget about the film/franchise once they realised they'd have to pay royalties to Amy Adams for pumping out tons of Giselle merchandise or by having a walk-around character of Giselle in the Disney theme parks. Thus, from a commercial perspective, I don't think it'd be worth it.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

The original is one of my all-time favorite movies, so I'm very excited about this! To me, the movie is partly about accepting how real life is, and years pass and people do get older, so I don't think that there's a problem with a time gap.
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

I am really excited for this, just wish that this movie had been made sooner after the original was released back in 2007. Hope that Amy Adams and James Marsden will come back, and that Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz will make the soundtrack.

Another article:

‘Enchanted 2’ working title revealed as Disney continues with production
http://www.hypable.com/disney-enchanted-2-title/
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Prince Edward wrote:I am really excited for this, just wish that this movie had been made sooner after the original was released back in 2007.
Agreed.
Hope that Amy Adams and James Marsden will come back, and that Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz will make the soundtrack.
So do I. And I'll hope it will have hand drawn segments.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Prince Edward wrote: Hope that Amy Adams and James Marsden will come back, and that Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz will make the soundtrack.
I didn't even think about that... I hope they do, too. But I wouldn't be surprised if they don't. Were the 2D parts of the film created in-studio or were they outsourced? I'm not sure they have enough people to do anything in-studio now. Unless they make the animated half 3D... (if there is an animated half?)

Tbh, I don't care. Adams, Spall, and Marsden were great, and I loved "That's How You Know," but I was always meh on Enchanted. Hopefully Susan Sarandon won't be back at least; she was surprisingly awful, since I generally like her. I'd love if Idina Menzel actually gets to sing this time around; part of the reason I think they'll dump Menken for the Lopezes here... I'm guessing Kristen Bell, Mandy Moore (ugh), and Anika Noni Rose will make cameos. Is Dempsey's character still a divorce lawyer for Benson to appear again?
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"