Star Wars Saga Blu Ray set confirmed to be in the works

All topics on all things Lucasfilm.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

If the Holiday special is included, then they should license the Muppet Show segment with the cast.
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

jpanimation wrote:
rexcrk wrote:As long as Lucas gives us the original unaltered trilogy on Blu-ray as well, he can do whatever the hell he wants to the movies :lol:

It just seems foolish for Lucas to not properly restore the unaltered versions, I'd pay extra for that, that's easy money right there, George!
Thats why I love the Blade Runner UCE Blu-ray and E.T. CE DVD set. They include all versions available.

Yeah I'm very glad I got the 2-disc E.T. set before it went out of print, I can't stand some of the 20th anniversary stuff (like the cartoon E.T..... he looks pretty crappy :roll: ) I hope when they do E.T. on Blu-ray they give us the original version too.

My thing with changes to a movie, is that I don't really care if they change stuff, but just keep the original version available too.
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
yamiiguy
Anniversary Edition

Post by yamiiguy »

I'm hoping for the original versions, my brain is telling me that the chances are small though
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Barbossa wrote:This on Mania.com:

Star Wars Blu-ray Update

Maybe it's time to reboot and remake the Star Wars prequel trilogy with Christopher Nolan. :D

Would be cool if in this set they could include the original Star Tours film before it's replaced at Disneyland with Star Tours 2.0.
No way. After the "re-imagining" of "Star Trek" by long time "Star Wars" fan JJ Abrams who turned "Trek" into "Star Wars", "Star Wars" needs to be "re-imagined" by a hard core Trekkie!

We need to take one back! HAHA!! Just imaging, Luke transporting over to the Death Star or Han exploring strange new worlds. :D
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

milojthatch wrote:No way. After the "re-imagining" of "Star Trek" by long time "Star Wars" fan JJ Abrams who turned "Trek" into "Star Wars"
That's odd. I certainly don't remember any Jedi, X-wings, Jabbas, Bobas, C-3PO's, Greedos-shooting-first, "Help me, Obi-Wan", or Harrison Ford in 2009' Star Trek.

Nor do I remember Captain Kirk ever wielding a lightsaber, Spock ever saying "I have a bad feeling about this", Nero telling anyone he was their father, nameless Stormtroopers shooting badly whilst Uhura has perfect aim, or Teddy Bears with spears.

Or for that matter, nobody was frozen in carbonite, warp speed didn't have such a freaky tunnel like hyperdrive-or-whatever, and the Iowa Bar had more humans than aliens, not the other way around.

In fact, the only Star Wars thing I recognize in Star Trek is R2-D2 floating in space, and that's only because irate fanboys of both franchises were quick to point it out.
milojthatch wrote:"Star Wars" needs to be "re-imagined" by a hard core Trekkie!

We need to take one back! HAHA!! Just imaging, Luke transporting over to the Death Star or Han exploring strange new worlds. :D
Nah. Let Star Wars be what it is, just as Star Trek is what it is. It's apples and orangutans after all.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Escapay wrote:
milojthatch wrote:No way. After the "re-imagining" of "Star Trek" by long time "Star Wars" fan JJ Abrams who turned "Trek" into "Star Wars"
That's odd. I certainly don't remember any Jedi, X-wings, Jabbas, Bobas, C-3PO's, Greedos-shooting-first, "Help me, Obi-Wan", or Harrison Ford in 2009' Star Trek.

Nor do I remember Captain Kirk ever wielding a lightsaber, Spock ever saying "I have a bad feeling about this", Nero telling anyone he was their father, nameless Stormtroopers shooting badly whilst Uhura has perfect aim, or Teddy Bears with spears.

Or for that matter, nobody was frozen in carbonite, warp speed didn't have such a freaky tunnel like hyperdrive-or-whatever, and the Iowa Bar had more humans than aliens, not the other way around.

In fact, the only Star Wars thing I recognize in Star Trek is R2-D2 floating in space, and that's only because irate fanboys of both franchises were quick to point it out.
milojthatch wrote:"Star Wars" needs to be "re-imagined" by a hard core Trekkie!

Nah. Let Star Wars be what it is, just as Star Trek is what it is. It's apples and orangutans after all.

albert
Enjoy! :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd0j97RhZUQ

http://www.premiere.com/Feature/8-Reaso ... -Star-Wars

http://movies.ign.com/articles/982/982293p1.html
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

All you've done (and all your evidence has done) is give broad examples that can apply to many types of stories. Doesn't anyone read Joseph Campbell?

It's just irate fanboys of both franchises overreaching to find anything "wrong" with something that's not what they're used to.
The Reluctant Hero is one of the various tales as old as time. Again...Joseph Campbell.
Hoo boy, this is fun...
  • TREK: A farm boy (James Kirk) who never knew his father leads an aimless existence until he meets an older mentor (Christopher Pike) who did know the boy's father and who challenges him to accept his destiny. Said challenge takes place in a bar filled with aliens.

WARS: A farm boy (Luke Skywalker) who never knew his father leads an aimless existence until he meets an older mentor (Obi-Wan Kenobi) who did know the boy's father and who challenges him to accept his destiny. Said challenge takes place in a bar filled with aliens.
It's the future. Bars are bound to have aliens. Heck, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has only two humans in it, so when they go to the Restaurant at the End of the Universe, what do you think they'll find? Aliens.

Or have you simply never seen any other type of scifi beyond Trek/Wars and so that's all you ever compare? :roll:
  • TREK: Kirk's boyish enthusiasm and cockiness is constantly checked by the cynical nature of a slightly older, more experienced space travel veteran (Leonard "Bones" McCoy)

WARS: Luke's boyish enthusiasm and cockiness is constantly checked by the cynical nature of a slightly older, more experience space travel veteran (Han Solo).
The Cynical Mentor/Enthusiastic Student relationship is not just limited to Trek/Wars. :roll:

Merlin and Arthur.

Pellew and Hornblower.

Scud and Tom Brown (then later Tom Brown and Arthur).
  • TREK: Preparing for hyperspace travel: Capt. Pike: "Sulu, punch it!" (sound of engine failure) Capt. Pike (sarcastically): "Did you leave the parking brake on?"

WARS: Preparing for hyperspace travel: Han Solo: "Oh, yeah? Watch this!" (sound of engine failure). Princess Leia (sarcastically): "Would it help if I got out and pushed?"
Sarcasm. As if Star Wars invented it. :roll:

You know, in the early 2000s, it seemed every movie had the common "Us? There is no us!" line between two people (Brother Bear and Shrek come to mind). Doesn't mean they were copying off of each other.
  • TREK: Kirk is attacked by a monster on an ice planet, but is rescued by a mentor figure from the future.

WARS: Luke is attacked by a monster on an ice planet, but is rescued by a mentor figure from his past.
Ice planet, desert planet, water planet, there's only so many types of planets one can visit.

And mentor from the future/past is practically screaming Merlin. Obi-Wan's not the first.
  • TREK: The villain, Nero, has a space vessel capable of destroying an entire planet.

WARS: The villain, Vader, has a space vessel capable of destroying an entire planet.

TREK: The vessel's destructive power is proven when Nero forces Spock to watch helplessly as his home world is destroyed.

WARS: The vessel's destructive power is proven when Vader forces Leia to watch helplessly as her home world is destroyed.
*cough*The Doomsday Machine from Season Two of "Star Trek"*cough*

Sheesh, each of these "reasons" get more and more pathetic...
  • TREK: Spock's lone starfighter goes up against the villain's indestructible vessel and, seconds before the starfighter is destroyed, the U.S.S. Enterprise swoops in out of the blue ("There's another ship!") and buys Spock enough time to complete his mission.

WARS: Luke's lone starfighter goes up against the villain's indestructible vessel and, seconds before the starfighter is destroyed, the Millennium Falcon swoops in out of the blue ("I have you now—What?") and buys Luke enough time to complete his mission.
Deus ex machina is one of the oldest tricks in the book.
  • TREK: The movie ends with a medal ceremony.

WARS: The movie ends with a medal ceremony.
So do the Olympics. And it's not like soldiers are mailed their Purple Hearts.
I'm not gonna even bother addressing any of this. It's basically a manipulative listing of archetypal characters and stories, written with the slant that Star Wars came up with it first and Star Trek copied it when in reality any story can have a hero, a mentor, a love triangle, etc. Again, it's just irate fanboys wanting to stir up trouble.

Nice try, though. You get five bonus points for even thinking that your "proof" was worth anything.

albert
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Escapay wrote:All you've done (and all your evidence has done) is give broad examples that can apply to many types of stories. Doesn't anyone read Joseph Campbell?

It's just irate fanboys of both franchises overreaching to find anything "wrong" with something that's not what they're used to.
The Reluctant Hero is one of the various tales as old as time. Again...Joseph Campbell.
Hoo boy, this is fun...
  • TREK: A farm boy (James Kirk) who never knew his father leads an aimless existence until he meets an older mentor (Christopher Pike) who did know the boy's father and who challenges him to accept his destiny. Said challenge takes place in a bar filled with aliens.

WARS: A farm boy (Luke Skywalker) who never knew his father leads an aimless existence until he meets an older mentor (Obi-Wan Kenobi) who did know the boy's father and who challenges him to accept his destiny. Said challenge takes place in a bar filled with aliens.
It's the future. Bars are bound to have aliens. Heck, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has only two humans in it, so when they go to the Restaurant at the End of the Universe, what do you think they'll find? Aliens.

Or have you simply never seen any other type of scifi beyond Trek/Wars and so that's all you ever compare? :roll:
  • TREK: Kirk's boyish enthusiasm and cockiness is constantly checked by the cynical nature of a slightly older, more experienced space travel veteran (Leonard "Bones" McCoy)

WARS: Luke's boyish enthusiasm and cockiness is constantly checked by the cynical nature of a slightly older, more experience space travel veteran (Han Solo).
The Cynical Mentor/Enthusiastic Student relationship is not just limited to Trek/Wars. :roll:

Merlin and Arthur.

Pellew and Hornblower.

Scud and Tom Brown (then later Tom Brown and Arthur).
  • TREK: Preparing for hyperspace travel: Capt. Pike: "Sulu, punch it!" (sound of engine failure) Capt. Pike (sarcastically): "Did you leave the parking brake on?"

WARS: Preparing for hyperspace travel: Han Solo: "Oh, yeah? Watch this!" (sound of engine failure). Princess Leia (sarcastically): "Would it help if I got out and pushed?"
Sarcasm. As if Star Wars invented it. :roll:

You know, in the early 2000s, it seemed every movie had the common "Us? There is no us!" line between two people (Brother Bear and Shrek come to mind). Doesn't mean they were copying off of each other.
  • TREK: Kirk is attacked by a monster on an ice planet, but is rescued by a mentor figure from the future.

WARS: Luke is attacked by a monster on an ice planet, but is rescued by a mentor figure from his past.
Ice planet, desert planet, water planet, there's only so many types of planets one can visit.

And mentor from the future/past is practically screaming Merlin. Obi-Wan's not the first.
  • TREK: The villain, Nero, has a space vessel capable of destroying an entire planet.

WARS: The villain, Vader, has a space vessel capable of destroying an entire planet.

TREK: The vessel's destructive power is proven when Nero forces Spock to watch helplessly as his home world is destroyed.

WARS: The vessel's destructive power is proven when Vader forces Leia to watch helplessly as her home world is destroyed.
*cough*The Doomsday Machine from Season Two of "Star Trek"*cough*

Sheesh, each of these "reasons" get more and more pathetic...
  • TREK: Spock's lone starfighter goes up against the villain's indestructible vessel and, seconds before the starfighter is destroyed, the U.S.S. Enterprise swoops in out of the blue ("There's another ship!") and buys Spock enough time to complete his mission.

WARS: Luke's lone starfighter goes up against the villain's indestructible vessel and, seconds before the starfighter is destroyed, the Millennium Falcon swoops in out of the blue ("I have you now—What?") and buys Luke enough time to complete his mission.
Deus ex machina is one of the oldest tricks in the book.
  • TREK: The movie ends with a medal ceremony.

WARS: The movie ends with a medal ceremony.
So do the Olympics. And it's not like soldiers are mailed their Purple Hearts.
I'm not gonna even bother addressing any of this. It's basically a manipulative listing of archetypal characters and stories, written with the slant that Star Wars came up with it first and Star Trek copied it when in reality any story can have a hero, a mentor, a love triangle, etc. Again, it's just irate fanboys wanting to stir up trouble.

Nice try, though. You get five bonus points for even thinking that your "proof" was worth anything.

albert
(rolls eyes)

I tried at least. It's no secret either that Mr. Abrams was never a fan of "Trek" and was a much bigger fan of "Star Wars." But if you wish to not see the truth with your own eyes, such is life. You would not be the first to make such mistake and you will not be the last.

But very nice going through it all like you did, clearly you took time on it. I mean if you really want to get into it, there are only what, like 12 to 15 stories in the whole world, just re-told over and over again in different settings and styles? You certainly could find similarities in Greek stories.

Anyway, it is so blatantly obvious that Abrams ripped from his beloved "Star Wars" one could almost see the new film as the seventh live action "Star Wars" film. Like I said, I want a "Star Wars" re-boot directed by a "Trek" fan! To each his own I guess though...

PS: It's a known fact that the ORIGINAL and REAL "Star Trek" was very much based on Hornblower. The Capt. Kirk character himself was very much influenced by him. But, unlike Mr. Abrams, Roddenberry was honest enough to admit where he got his ideas.

Like wise, the rivalry is between Star Trek and Star Wars. It's been that way since Star Wars first came out. It's about the same if the UCLA football team started using USC plays to beat USC. Rivalry exist in almost any medium, so it's not that fan boyish after all. If so, the words needs to include a lot more then just fans of sci fi or fantasy...

-Walt Disney
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Well...if you combine these:

+

+

=

So in essence...yes about every film ever made has roots to it beyond what it is.....even star wars, star trek or Avatar.....

also just because I feel like it i'll post my other find and because I love the humor:

Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

milojthatch wrote:I tried at least.
And failed. You missed the point of my entire post:
  • All you've done (and all your evidence has done) is give broad examples that can apply to many types of stories. Doesn't anyone read Joseph Campbell?

It has nothing to do with whether or not JJ Abrams is a fan of Trek or Wars or BSG or Doctor Who or Dune or whatever. All you've done is reinforce the fact that fanboys upset with the new Star Trek try to spin it so that it's directly a Star Wars-influenced film. The world doesn't revolve around Trek and Wars, there are many influences used, but some fanboys are too blind to see them.
milojthatch wrote:But if you wish to not see the truth with your own eyes, such is life. You would not be the first to make such mistake and you will not be the last.
The truth of the matter is JJ Abrams set out to make a Star Trek film, and he did. Just because some factions of the fanboys don't like it doesn't mean it's Star Wars Part VII. :roll:
milojthatch wrote:But very nice going through it all like you did, clearly you took time on it. I mean if you really want to get into it, there are only what, like 12 to 15 stories in the whole world, just re-told over and over again in different settings and styles? You certainly could find similarities in Greek stories.
Joseph Campbell. Christopher Booker. Read their books. I did.
milojthatch wrote:Anyway, it is so blatantly obvious that Abrams ripped from his beloved "Star Wars" one could almost see the new film as the seventh live action "Star Wars" film.
:roll:
milojthatch wrote:PS: It's a known fact that the ORIGINAL and REAL "Star Trek" was very much based on Hornblower. The Capt. Kirk character himself was very much influenced by him.
Why do you think I mentioned him? :roll:
milojthatch wrote:Like wise, the rivalry is between Star Trek and Star Wars. It's been that way since Star Wars first came out. <snip> Rivalry exist in almost any medium, so it's not that fan boyish after all.
Yes, it is. Because the Trek/Wars rivalry is so ridiculous that it does not merit serious discussion. Apples and orangutans, once again.

albert
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Escapay wrote:
milojthatch wrote:I tried at least.
And failed. You missed the point of my entire post:
  • All you've done (and all your evidence has done) is give broad examples that can apply to many types of stories. Doesn't anyone read Joseph Campbell?

It has nothing to do with whether or not JJ Abrams is a fan of Trek or Wars or BSG or Doctor Who or Dune or whatever. All you've done is reinforce the fact that fanboys upset with the new Star Trek try to spin it so that it's directly a Star Wars-influenced film. The world doesn't revolve around Trek and Wars, there are many influences used, but some fanboys are too blind to see them.
milojthatch wrote:But if you wish to not see the truth with your own eyes, such is life. You would not be the first to make such mistake and you will not be the last.
The truth of the matter is JJ Abrams set out to make a Star Trek film, and he did. Just because some factions of the fanboys don't like it doesn't mean it's Star Wars Part VII. :roll:
milojthatch wrote:But very nice going through it all like you did, clearly you took time on it. I mean if you really want to get into it, there are only what, like 12 to 15 stories in the whole world, just re-told over and over again in different settings and styles? You certainly could find similarities in Greek stories.
Joseph Campbell. Christopher Booker. Read their books. I did.
milojthatch wrote:Anyway, it is so blatantly obvious that Abrams ripped from his beloved "Star Wars" one could almost see the new film as the seventh live action "Star Wars" film.
:roll:
milojthatch wrote:PS: It's a known fact that the ORIGINAL and REAL "Star Trek" was very much based on Hornblower. The Capt. Kirk character himself was very much influenced by him.
Why do you think I mentioned him? :roll:
milojthatch wrote:Like wise, the rivalry is between Star Trek and Star Wars. It's been that way since Star Wars first came out. <snip> Rivalry exist in almost any medium, so it's not that fan boyish after all.
Yes, it is. Because the Trek/Wars rivalry is so ridiculous that it does not merit serious discussion. Apples and orangutans, once again.

albert
Ok, for my last trick, from the horses mouth, the writers of the dang thing had this to say:

"Wired.com: J.J. Abrams makes no secret that he’s more of a Star Wars guy and not so much into Star Trek, but you two were full-tilt fans.

Orci: In terms of fandom, yeah, and Damon too is a fanatic — we’re not going to drop the ball out of ignorance. Nobody can say that we don’t know Star Trek. There might be some things we do that people could question, where they go, "I hate them for some other reasons," but they can’t say, "They didn’t know their stuff."

Orci: And it’s controversial to even mention Star Wars and Star Trek in the same sentence, but Alex said, "We have to bring more Star Wars into Star Trek."

Kurtzman: (joke-coughing) Original Star Wars."

Read More http://www.wired.com/underwire/2008/10/ ... z0m4V3C7gA

-Walt Disney
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

milojthatch wrote:Ok, for my last trick, from the horses mouth, the writers of the dang thing had this to say:

"Wired.com: J.J. Abrams makes no secret that he’s more of a Star Wars guy and not so much into Star Trek, but you two were full-tilt fans.

Orci: In terms of fandom, yeah, and Damon too is a fanatic — we’re not going to drop the ball out of ignorance. Nobody can say that we don’t know Star Trek. There might be some things we do that people could question, where they go, "I hate them for some other reasons," but they can’t say, "They didn’t know their stuff."

Orci: And it’s controversial to even mention Star Wars and Star Trek in the same sentence, but Alex said, "We have to bring more Star Wars into Star Trek."

Not much of a trick since you're intentionally misreading those words.
  • "We have to bring more Star Wars into Star Trek"
INTO. Not REPLACE. Which is what the damn fanboys are trying to get people to believe. Especially since you omitted the following two lines:
  • Kurtzman: Star Trek is often the space equivalent of sub battles, which is what makes it unique and different from Star Wars, so you can’t blow that away, either.

Orci: It’s somewhere between that the truth lies.
Star Trek is still, and always will be, Star Trek. Regardless what outside influences are included into its creative process. Once desperate fanboys figure that out, maybe then *they* will see the light. :roll:

albert
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Escapay wrote:
milojthatch wrote:Ok, for my last trick, from the horses mouth, the writers of the dang thing had this to say:

Not much of a trick since you're intentionally misreading those words.
  • "We have to bring more Star Wars into Star Trek"
INTO. Not REPLACE. Which is what the damn fanboys are trying to get people to believe. Especially since you omitted the following two lines:
  • Kurtzman: Star Trek is often the space equivalent of sub battles, which is what makes it unique and different from Star Wars, so you can’t blow that away, either.

Orci: It’s somewhere between that the truth lies.
Star Trek is still, and always will be, Star Trek. Regardless what outside influences are included into its creative process. Once desperate fanboys figure that out, maybe then *they* will see the light. :roll:

albert
*hands up in air*

You have a come back for everything, don't you? Well, it was nice chatting with you. I think it's rather clear at this point neither one of us is going to change the other;s stance, and really, it's not the most important thing either. But it was fun none the less.

And by the way, yes, I am aware of Mr. Campbell works. I don't necessarily disagree with his thoughts. But my question to you is, are you saying you don't buy into rivalries? They exist in just about everything. And I'm not saying I'd kill for one, that is a bit much, but for certain things I don't think it's so bad to stand behind your team, show, guy, idea. I like Star Wars in fact, just not as much as Trek. My thing is, if I want to watch Star Wars, then I'll watch Star Wars. I don't want to see it in my beloved Star Trek. Till next time.

-Walt Disney
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

milojthatch wrote:*hands up in air*

You have a come back for everything, don't you?
Only because you don't understand what I say when I say it and I hate being misunderstood.
milojthatch wrote:I think it's rather clear at this point neither one of us is going to change the other;s stance, and really, it's not the most important thing either. But it was fun none the less.
It was never about changing your stance. It was about you not understanding my stance and me thinking it to be rather offensive when you say stuff like "well, you'll see the light" or other crap like that. I've got nothing against you personally, just the words that I read from you. It's much easier to function on a forum when readers separate the post from the poster.
milojthatch wrote:But my question to you is, are you saying you don't buy into rivalries? They exist in just about everything.
I don't deny they exist, but most of the time, what the rivalries fight over is petty things that really never merits the amount of vitriol they throw at each other. Especially when it becomes such slanderous and nasty accusations within their own camp ("Star Trek is like Star Wars! JJ Abrams has ruined it!").
milojthatch wrote:I don't want to see it in my beloved Star Trek.
And you're not. Do you see Jedi? Do you see storm troopers? Are there dogfights in space between fighter ships? Is there any semblance of the Force? No.

The only Star Wars "in" Star Trek are weakly-supported similarities and broad characterizations or situations that can be apparent in any sci-fi movie if people looked hard enough. That's why I'm annoyed whenever anyone (Trek or Wars fan) tries to slam on 2009 Trek without really considering anything beyond Trek and Wars. It's ridiculous and petty and ill-informed.

albert
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Escapay wrote:
The only Star Wars "in" Star Trek are weakly-supported similarities and broad characterizations or situations that can be apparent in any sci-fi movie if people looked hard enough. That's why I'm annoyed whenever anyone (Trek or Wars fan) tries to slam on 2009 Trek without really considering anything beyond Trek and Wars. It's ridiculous and petty and ill-informed.

albert
I think I get it now, it's a personal "this ticks me off" for you? I can understand that feeling, I have penalty of my own beyond how the latest Trek film was made.

Just keep this in mind, it may be ridicules to you and others, but to me and like-minded people on this subject, not really. To each his own, right?

But one thing I have learned is you can't win a debate if your opponent throws out all of your evidence. Clearly, you don't see any of what I've shared as valid, and it's your right to do so, but there isn't much more point trying to win the case here if you don't even accept the evidence.

I firmly believe I have hard hitting evidence and I'm rather sure many others would agree. I guess you just will never be one of them. I'm ok with that. "Star Trek" has a big place in my heart, maybe a bigger place then I should let a piece of fiction, but I think most people have something like that that is special to them.

For years I have been told that "Star Wars" is cooler, and why would I waste my fandom on Trek. Then they come out with the new film which is a CLEAR knock off of Star Wars and people who never like Trek before suddenly like it.

You may not see it, but I do and it ticks me off to no end! It's VERY personal to me. I stood by the franchise during "Voyager" and "Enterprise" and the last two "TNG" films when everyone else was bailing on it, and this is the thanks I get? Thanks a lot Paramount. I feel utterly betrayed here and all you can say is "Get over yourself Fan Boy?"

I never liked the term and don't think of myself as one. Fan boys kind of get lumped together and I really have little interest in many things "Fan Boys" would be interested in. But when it comes to Trek, you can call me whatever you want, everyone else does, but I don't really care. I'm a true blue fan.

And as far as "being ill informed" I'll have you know I'm VERY much informed. In fact in college I'm an English major and have read and re-read TONS of things on story structure. I'm well aware of archetypes, than you very much. And you know what? No, I didn't mis read the words "Put more Star Wars into Star Trek." I very much am up on the meaning. It is what it is. I would not at all be surprised if the next one has EVEN more Star Wars in it. But we'll have to see now, won't we.

In conclusion Sir, you may have your personal tiff, but so do I. Maybe it's best we don't cross them again, it could lead to very, VERY long posts of nothing more then rants from both sides.

Again, fun chatting with you. And yes by the way, the "Official" Cannon Disney Animated films list MATTERS. It matters what film is in what order and what makes the list and what does not. Films like "Pete's Dragon" will NEVER be on that list. That rant was from an old post back a bit. I think with that I've gotten it all off my chest now. :D

-Walt Disney
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp-wWJBlck8

Can't we all agree to disagree....Can't we all do that for once? :?
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

disneyboy20022 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp-wWJBlck8

Can't we all agree to disagree....Can't we all do that for once? :?
I'm fairly certain that's all that milo and I have been doing. We're so stubborn about our "side" that it's pointless arguing, but it sure is fun proving our respective points, even if the other doesn't see it.

albert
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Escapay, I didn't even read your last comments and it doesn't matter too much. I actually wanted to apologies for letting loose on you and my actions. It's really is a silly thing to get angry over and I do admit I get more heated over this then I should. I think much of that is due to the fact that I may take it too personal. I was made fun of a lot a kid for my fandom of Star Trek and even Disney for that matter and it has lead to me getting defensive of such things.

I'm sorry again, it's just a movie/ tv show. We have no real control over how the stories are told anyway unless we go into Hollywood and either way we are all entitled to our own opinions. I hope you can forgive me.

-Walt Disney
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Forgive me if this was posted already, but it appears we have a date as well!
http://forum.blu-ray.com/blu-ray-movies ... 011-a.html

Let's just hope it's accurate. :D
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

George Lucas confirms!!!!!!!!!!:

http://www.collider.com/2010/08/14/star ... n-stewart/

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4996

So the original versions are going to be on Blu-Ray, but George Lucas isn't saying they won't be. ;)

The second link includes for your viewing pleasure, the infamous ROTJ deleted scene of Luke building his lightsaber!!!!!!!! :D