DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1000 Disney Memories
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:47 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

http://communitychannel.mediatrust.org/ ... e594eb1bd/

Quote:
Be one in a million by posting your first Disney memory on Great Ormond Street Hospital’s dedicated Facebook page and help them raise £1m.

Disney Junior Channel are asking the nation to share their first Disney Memories as part of a special Million Disney Memories campaign. When they reach a million memories, Disney will donate £1 million to the charity.

Does anyone know about this? I think it would be fun if as well as posting their memories on Facebook, members here could share their first Disney memories themselves.

The first Disney film I watched was The Jungle Book, but I can't remember my initial reaction to it; however, I remember being terrified by the Witch from Snow White (the second Disney movie I watched).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:04 pm 
Limited Edition

The Lion King was the first movie I saw in theaters and I remember acting out all of Scar's parts and at the end when he fell over the cliff I jumpeD out of my chair and my uncle who took me was all nervous I got hurt lol.

I went to see 101 Dalmations, live action version with my grammy and I acted out Cruella to and I remember laughing evilly along with her at one point and they lady behind us said "You're really good." lol

I have several more but I have to go lol I'll post more later =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:09 pm 
Platinum Edition

My first memory's probably of The Sword in the Stone. My mother said she hated that movie, because I would always watch it in the morning while they were asleep, get the flour out and pretend like I was doing magic all over the kitchen and the living room. I remember one time when I was alone in the house (around 4, I think) and I got out all the pots and the glasses and filled them with water to re-create the dish scene. My mother was not happy. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:05 pm 
Special Edition

I think my first memory is of Benji the Hunted. I don't really remember my reaction to it, but I'm sure I loved the dog.

Also remember my grandparents took me to a re-release of The Aristocats. Don't remember my reaction to that one either, but have memories later from the Disney Sing Along Songs videos that I had.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:35 pm 
Special Edition

My first Disney memory is those dancing mushrooms in Fantasia. I remember loving them as a baby :)

Good luck to the hospital! :thumb:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:53 pm 
Special Edition

One of my first memories is being afraid of the demon from Night on Bald Mountain in Fantasia. We watched it on Halloween one year while decorating the bags we were using to trick or treat with that night. :lol: We also watched most of Nightmare Before Christmas.

Another Disney memory is from when I was 6 and went to Disney for the first (and only) time. I went with my mother to see a short retelling of The Little Mermaid where it misted/rained on us and they had laser lights that made the ceiling look like the sea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:21 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

My first Disney memories come from watching the Disney Afternoon shows on tv and video, like New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and Gummi Bears. I also remember my dad taking me to see DuckTales: The Movie at a local theater when I was very little still. But my memories of that are so vague that I sometimes think I made it up. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:25 pm 
Limited Edition

For Christmas 1989 (I was four), I got a Ariel doll with a rubbery shell bra and a fish tail made of shiny green fabric and a water-squirting Flounder.

For my 5th birthday on February 21, 1990, my mom gave me a Little Mermaid bedding set (sheets, pillow cases, blanket, curtains). On two pieces of poster board taped together, she drew Ariel sitting on a shell and colored her in with markers. The huge poster was taped to the outside of my bedroom door. I'm ashamed to say I wrecked that poster. Somehow I liked the taste of marker and kept licking at the marker on the poster till Ariel and the shell were smudged as high up as I could reach (the middle of the poster) :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:40 pm 
Suspended

Shoot... first Disney memories? Maybe Donald Duck and his nephews (less typing to just say "nephews"). Most specifically, two cartoons: the ice fort one and the one where Donald wins a new car and thinks the nephews are trying to scam him out of gas.

As for what's the first Disney movie I remember... either Dumbo or Pinocchio.

Oh, and the nature specials they did. Specifically the ones about national park animals.

Not sure which of those came first. But I do remember them all from a very young age ("God" bless television).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:52 pm 
Platinum Edition

Boy, that's a tough one.

I believe I remember seeing a re-release (1991 i think) of 101 Dalmatians in theaters when I was very young. I vaguely remember the McDonalds happy meal boxes they had for that release as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:37 pm 
Gold Collection

Lazario wrote:
Shoot... first Disney memories? Maybe Donald Duck and his nephews (less typing to just say "nephews"). Most specifically, two cartoons: the ice fort one and the one where Donald wins a new car and thinks the nephews are trying to scam him out of gas.

I remember that special that came on TV a couple times, having Ludwig Von Drake in the shorts. I taped it, and watched it so many times to a point, it wore out the tape. And when actually visiting Petrified Forest National Park, I thought back to the short Good Scout, when Donald Duck tried to hit the Petrified tree that Drake was in.

Other memories include: watching the Disney Sunday Movie every Sunday back in the 80's, and my first trip that I actually remembered, was to Disney World.

First Disney movie I saw ever, was Fantasia, in theaters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:08 pm 
Gold Collection

I don't know if it was the first disney movie I saw, but I'm pretty sure it is "The Little Mermaid" on vhs. I think I was like 4 or 5 and I completely fell in love with. It sparked something in me and like a voice in my head it told me this is what you should do. I was young, but I knew I wanted to tell storie. Creative stories that are fun, accesible, and full of heart and charm. I remeber I was completly in love with the movie and had a crush on Ariel for the longest time. I think because of her my favorite features on a girl is her hair (epecially red). Ursula became my most favorite villain ever.

My first Disney movie in theaters was "The Princess and the Frog." I was 17 when it came out and the only guy my age in the theaters, I was kinda embarassed. I've always loved animated, but prior to watching it was going through that animated movies aren't cool phase. After watching the movie I realized that this is what I like, it's my passion and I can't supress my feelings forever. So I basically opened up more and watched every DAC. And now I do film reviews and chasing my dream.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:05 am 

My first Disney memory was seeing The Little Mermaid on VHS. I just remember seeing Eric's boat and the dolphins coming out of the ocean and being really amazed ! I was either three or four years old.

The first Disney movie that I saw, according to my family was a re-release of the Jungle Book when I was about two years old. Though the first Disney movie that I remember actually seeing in the cinemas is The Lion King.

I was never really scared of anything in the movies. I didn't mind the Evil Witch in Snow White, The Donkey transformation never bothered me, and Pink Elephants made me laugh because of all the weirdness going on. Though I couldn't handle any sad or tragic moments and would always walk out during those times. I would always go to the bathroom and lie about saying that I needed to go pee whenever Mufasa died.