Winnie the Pooh (2011)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Re: Winnie the Pooh (2011)

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I like that version of the title. Does anybody remember when the movie was briefly titled “The Further Adventures of Winnie the Pooh”? Several of us on the board were very happy with the title change, but then it reverted back to the one we got.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

UmbrellaFish wrote:Does anybody remember when the movie was briefly titled “The Further Adventures of Winnie the Pooh”? Several of us on the board were very happy with the title change, but then it reverted back to the one we got.
That was never an official title. People mistook a description for the film in an interview as being the title and then it just circulated among the fandom. It originated from this interview:
Q: Are there more movies coming up using these old techniques?

John Musker: The studio is currently doing another hand drawn animated feature. It is the further adventures of Winnie the Pooh. We are not involved with that. We are however hoping to do another hand drawn feature.
Source: https://animatedviews.com/2010/the-prin ... animation/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Oh. I thought we saw a teaser poster with that title, from like a show expo. But that could have just as easily been photoshopped, I suppose.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

I don't recall anything like that, photoshopped or otherwise. The first image released for the film was this and it was already using the final title.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Thanks for posting all of that, Sotiris! I love those early posters and their vintage look. And what a shame that deleted song wasn't included on the Blu-ray, it sounded like it would've been fun to watch. As for the original title, I like the fact that it follows the tradition of the shorts' titles, but I think it was a bit too long. I wish they had come up with a shorter alternative, though, instead of naming it just Winnie the Pooh.