DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:59 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

To all our Canadian readers, Disney channel programming has always aired in one place, Family Channel which even started a Disney XD and Disney Jr. here in the last few years too. Well, that is all over as Disney Channel Canada will begin Sept. 1 of this year with Chorus Media behind it all. Chorus has had a relationship with Disney via airing some Touchstone films and the new Toy Story specials on networks like W and YTV but are also the people who run ABC Spark (Canada's answer to ABC Family). Family will rebrand Disney XD and Disney Jr. this fall and will stop airing Disney Content by the new year. A pity to see an almost 30 year partnership end but at least we Canadians will still have a way to watch things like Girl Meets World, Star Wars: Rebels and Phineas & Ferb.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-o ... e23983642/

-Skyler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:50 pm 
Special Edition

Then what will Family Channel even air? :?

They only have one or two original shows still airing (compared to a couple years back when actual Canadian stuff like Life with Derek or Wingin' It plagued the airtime).

Something similar happened recently when Cartoon Network came to Canada and limited the usage of CN shows from our native equivalent (Teletoon, which has tons of original content and is still allowed to air CN content anyways) to switch them over to a new network. My cable bill did not cover the new Cartoon Network, so I just hope that the new Disney Channel will not be a premium cable channel. If it is, than that's a horrible move, and I genuinely feel sorry for Canadian children. :(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:18 pm 
Limited Edition

JiminyCrick91 wrote:
To all our Canadian readers, Disney channel programming has always aired in one place, Family Channel which even started a Disney XD and Disney Jr. here in the last few years too. Well, that is all over as Disney Channel Canada will begin Sept. 1 of this year with Chorus Media behind it all. Chorus has had a relationship with Disney via airing some Touchstone films and the new Toy Story specials on networks like W and YTV but are also the people who run ABC Spark (Canada's answer to ABC Family). Family will rebrand Disney XD and Disney Jr. this fall and will stop airing Disney Content by the new year. A pity to see an almost 30 year partnership end but at least we Canadians will still have a way to watch things like Girl Meets World, Star Wars: Rebels and Phineas & Ferb.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-o ... e23983642/

-Skyler
That would be excellent. I love Disney movies.

http://www.invelos.com/DVDCollection.aspx/Pocahontas

Disneyland Trips: 09/87, 12/08

Walt Disney World Trips: 09/08, 12/09, 06/11, 09/14

Knott's Berry Farm: 09/87, 12/08