DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:27 pm 
Platinum Edition

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair is in the Works!
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=109641

Quote:
The C.S. Lewis Company has entered into an agreement with The Mark Gordon Company to jointly develop and produce The Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair, the fourth book published in C.S. Lewis' famed fantasy series. The announcement was made today by The C.S. Lewis Company.

Mark Gordon stated, "Like many readers, both young and old, I am a huge fan of C.S. Lewis's beautiful and allegorical world of Narnia. These fantasy stories inspire real-world passion among millions of devoted fans around the world. As we prepare to bring the next book to life, we are humbled and excited to contribute to the outstanding legacy of Narnia."

Douglas Gresham, stepson of C.S. Lewis stated, "I have a great deal of respect for Mark Gordon's work and am confident that together we can bring the beauty and magical delight that Narnia engenders in the hearts of those who read the books to the screen in 'The Silver Chair.' I am very much looking forward to diving once more into Narnia, this time with Mark Gordon and his team."

Mark Gordon and Douglas Gresham along with Vincent Sieber, the LA based Director of The C.S. Lewis Company, will serve as producers and work with The Mark Gordon Company on developing the script. Michele Wolkoff and Sara Smith will oversee for The Mark Gordon Company.

Vincent Sieber stated, "We are very excited by this partnership and to be able to work on this movie from its earliest conception on such a collaborative basis. It gives us the opportunity to develop a script and then produce a film with some of the most talented industry professionals whilst remaining completely faithful to this much loved book.”

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:50 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

A bit of a shock but an intriguing prospect to be sure. I do wonder if Will Poulter will come back and how his age might effect the film or if they will tweek the time line of the books as they have in past films. Who is going to distribute the film, as well, and will the fact that Walden Media is no longer involved prevent certain stylistic choices that were present in the Walden Media-Disney/Fox films, like when people have to be careful not to anger WB in Oz related projects. There are a LOT of questions that come along with this news but I'm excited to be sure.

-Skyler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:00 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I'm on board as long as they keep the same cast, by which I mean Liam Neeson exclusively (ooh, and Tilda Swinton perhaps?); Eustace will probably have to be recast. With a new production company in charge I'm guessing we can expect changes to set and character designs (new Aslan design?), as well as a new musical theme and title art. It's a shame Walden Media wasn't able to renew the rights for the remaining books, I thought they did a good job with the first three films.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:53 am 
Platinum Edition

Mooky wrote:
I'm on board as long as they keep the same cast, by which I mean Liam Neeson exclusively (ooh, and Tilda Swinton perhaps?); Eustace will probably have to be recast. With a new production company in charge I'm guessing we can expect changes to set and character designs (new Aslan design?), as well as a new musical theme and title art. It's a shame Walden Media wasn't able to renew the rights for the remaining books, I thought they did a good job with the first three films.

I'm in the same boat there. 2 1/2 years may have been much for aging, but it still kept things solid.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:29 pm 
Collector's Edition

Mooky wrote:
(ooh, and Tilda Swinton perhaps?)

NOOOOOOO!!!! The White Witch isn't in the Silver Chair, and I'm praying they don't turn the Lady of the Green Kirtle into the White Witch 2.0 with Tilda.

But, yes, this is the biggest movie news for me since LWW was announced way back when. It will very shortly consume my life. And I'm okay with that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:47 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Linden wrote:
Mooky wrote:
(ooh, and Tilda Swinton perhaps?)

NOOOOOOO!!!! The White Witch isn't in the Silver Chair, and I'm praying they don't turn the Lady of the Green Kirtle into the White Witch 2.0 with Tilda.

That's what I was hoping for - even the book isn't definite on whether TWW and TLotGK are the same/reincarnated person (some of the previous adaptations used the same actress for both), and since Tilda was a standout in each of her appearances so far, I figured it'd be nice to have her back, maybe with some prosthetics applied.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:09 pm 
Platinum Edition

I agree. Tilda Swinton as the Lady of the Green Kirtle would be the only reason I'd look forward to this film.