Monsters, Inc. Blu-ray

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

Prince Edward wrote:
Matt wrote:What is new on the Blu-ray to upgrade? Is it worth the upgrade? I know the picture and sound but I am talking about bonus feature wise.
I haven't seen much of the bonus features yet, but the feature about the new Monsters, Inc. attraction in Tokyo Disneyland was very cool and interesting in my opinion! (And the picture is indeed amazing!)
That's really it? :? I really don't find a reason to upgrade IMO.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Same reason you upgrade any other movie, for the HD. and there's a new round table where the film makers look back and discuss all sorts of things. and some of the previous extras that used to be in SD are now in HD.

Note: I dont own it yet myself, just going off what I know from reviews Ive read.
sambadude
Gold Classic Collection

Post by sambadude »

Does anyone know if Monster's Inc region locked or is it region free like A Bug's Life was???
CampbellzSoup
Anniversary Edition

Post by CampbellzSoup »

Matt wrote:
Prince Edward wrote: I haven't seen much of the bonus features yet, but the feature about the new Monsters, Inc. attraction in Tokyo Disneyland was very cool and interesting in my opinion! (And the picture is indeed amazing!)
That's really it? :? I really don't find a reason to upgrade IMO.
For the amazing picture and sound who cares about bonus features ;\
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

sambadude wrote:Does anyone know if Monster's Inc region locked or is it region free like A Bug's Life was???
From what I've heared and Jrboy said...it is region free...
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Remember, some features are still upgraded to HD. They did that with a bug's Life and the sound featurette. Not only was it HD widescreen, but they totally re-did the title cards.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

well with all these great deals I am getting it as well. :)
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Got it today, watching it tonight. The case is DVD-thick for those who want to know, because they needed the space for 4 discs. Nice touch, though. Makes it feel like there's actually more.

Edited to Add: It was the last copy at my Target store, too. I had to ask the guy who was unpacking some new blu-rays for it, and he gave it to me, still in the plastic security case.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

I just watched the Round Table, and it's worth it. They show footage not seen anywhere else on the set. Of note is the Layout shots of the Door Vault sequence, and the fact that the original decontamination of Harryhousen's-which was fully lit and animated-was an implosion.

I won't mention everything else here, for the sheer sake of giving you something to look forward to.
Just.A.Friend
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Just.A.Friend »

If anyone who bought the release has any extra time on their hands, would any of you mind taking a few quick pics of the Blu-Ray set? It'd really help me out! Thank you!
o0Andy0o
Limited Issue

Post by o0Andy0o »

Just.A.Friend wrote:If anyone who bought the release has any extra time on their hands, would any of you mind taking a few quick pics of the Blu-Ray set? It'd really help me out! Thank you!
Yes! Matt, you should take pictures of your set with the coupon so I know what to look for. I would greatly appreciate it.
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

http://www.pixartalk.com/

Scroll down for pictures. If that's not enough, I'm sure someone on the board will post more soon. I would do it myself but I don't want to open the movie just yet. I know, I'm weird. :roll:
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

magicalwands wrote:http://www.pixartalk.com/

Scroll down for pictures. If that's not enough, I'm sure someone on the board will post more soon. I would do it myself but I don't want to open the movie just yet. I know, I'm weird. :roll:
That's basically the set in a nut shell. :)
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

My review will be up soon. I've spent a long time conducting a very comprehensive comparison of this new release to the 2002 DVD, as well as exploring all of the bonus features in-depth. If other reviews have left you with any questions, or incomplete information, hopefully this one will answer those for you. Stay tuned!

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

I haven't checked out the DVD included in the Blu-ray pack yet, but it is literally exactly the same DVD that was originally released? The one with both full and widescreen versions?
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

The DVD disc is identical to the old one by way of appearance...almost. Less of a purple tint to it. The identification # is the same, though, so the disc should be.
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

SpringHeelJack wrote:I haven't checked out the DVD included in the Blu-ray pack yet, but it is literally exactly the same DVD that was originally released? The one with both full and widescreen versions?
It is. It even has the same outdated previews, the first of which is ironically for the Beauty and the Beast Platinum Edition.
I'm currently watching and reviewing every Disney film in chronological order. You can follow along at my blog, The Disney Films, and also follow me on Twitter.
drnilescrane
Gold Classic Collection

Post by drnilescrane »

Luckily, it seems the rest of the world is getting a BD only 2 disc edition instead of the US 4 disc behemoth - Now I only have to get rid of my Big Top Edition...
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

The text-only supplements are still on the Blu-ray! On the initial main menu of the second disc, press left! I only found them by accident, it seems a little silly not to indicate they are there on the menu.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database