DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 479 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:52 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:28 am
Posts: 2573
Location: Any Disney park you choose
And how about a DVD on Walt Disney World, since they already featured not one, but two DVDs on Disneyland?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:14 am 
Offline
Gold Collection

Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 1:26 am
Posts: 125
Escapay wrote:
If they were to go forth with a Walt Disney Treasures: Classic Chip 'n' Dale, I wouldn't mind seeing the following...

-All 23 of their shorts, including the 3-D version of "Working for Peanuts" (with a couple pairs of 3-D glasses included)


Wouldn't people need some kind of special display (as well as the glasses) to watch something in 3D at home?

_________________
"If you must think, for God's sake think clearly!"

-The Great Escape


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:02 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:00 am
Posts: 2191
Location: Campbell River, BC
gregmasciola wrote:
Escapay wrote:
If they were to go forth with a Walt Disney Treasures: Classic Chip 'n' Dale, I wouldn't mind seeing the following...

-All 23 of their shorts, including the 3-D version of "Working for Peanuts" (with a couple pairs of 3-D glasses included)


Wouldn't people need some kind of special display (as well as the glasses) to watch something in 3D at home?


Reread Scaps post again he mentioned including the glasses :P Also, I doubt you need a special display, Journey To the Center of the Earth came to dvd with a 3D version (with 4 pairs of glasses! so now my imaginary friends can watch it too) so like I said I find it doubtful you need one.

_________________
http://hornedking.deviantart.com/

My DA site :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:20 am 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:49 am
Posts: 345
Location: Australia
I'd quite like to see some of the Von Drake etc Wonderful World Of Colour shows released on DVD, but not as part of the Treasures series. Given the use of already released animated shorts in those shows, putting them under another line might reduce the impression of double dipping.

Ah, those shows were part of my childhood. We used to get in front of the TV every Saturday night - or was it Sunday night? - and tune in to Channel 7 - or was it Channel 9? Anyway, I have many fond memories of those shows...

_________________
"I hope we never lose sight of one thing - that this was all started by a little girl and a cat. And a rabbit."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:10 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:23 am
Posts: 2762
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Chernabog_Rocks wrote:
Reread Scaps post again he mentioned including the glasses :P Also, I doubt you need a special display, Journey To the Center of the Earth came to dvd with a 3D version (with 4 pairs of glasses! so now my imaginary friends can watch it too) so like I said I find it doubtful you need one.


TVs aren't set-up yet to show the polarized 3D (like IMAX). Apparently they are working on developing the technology for TVs and that will probably be the next big novelty in home entertainment. I got Shrek 3D and it came with the red/blue glasses. I can't stand those, they hurt my eyes. Can't wait for polarized 3D to hit the market.

As for Treasures:
Two follow-ups to last year's Disneyland set would be good. The first featuring featurettes and documentaries about the parks that Disneyland spawned (Orlando, Tokyo, Paris, Hong Kong). The second set featuring Yesterland attractions; all those attractions that are no longer at the parks. Don't know how much video footage they have of such attractions, but I'd love to revisit Adventure thru Inner Space.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:53 am 
Offline
Limited Edition

Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:52 pm
Posts: 1043
A great Treasures would comprise films that were once attractions at Disneyland and the other parks:

Mouseketeer 3-D Jamboree, America the Beautiful, The Story of Oil, The Walt Disney Story, American Journeys, Magic Journeys, Captain EO, Wonders of China, pre and post show films, etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:57 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 10424
Location: USA
merlinjones wrote:
A great Treasures would comprise films that were once attractions at Disneyland and the other parks:

Mouseketeer 3-D Jamboree, America the Beautiful, The Story of Oil, The Walt Disney Story, American Journeys, Magic Journeys, Captain EO, Wonders of China, pre and post show films, etc.


:o I have wanted one of these, too! I had forgotten about the idea, though! I don't know how much restoration they'll need, but I can't see this kind of set taking too much work on their part...Leonard could give a little backstory on each attraction, and one of the bonus features could be an art gallery of concept art and posters...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:39 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:29 am
Posts: 4671
Location: The place where they didn't build EuroDisney
Has it been mentioned in this thread that Leonard wanted to do a 3D Treasure right in Wave 1 and include the Mousketeer jamboree and other 3D stuff? But Disney vetoed because home technology wasn't good enough.

Anyway, an interesting blog here worth reading regarding Treasures content: http://thedisneydigest.blogspot.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:01 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 3590
Location: Sleepy Hollow
That reminds me, Magic Highway USA should have been on the Tomorrowland set. It's an excellent short and would have been perfect for that set.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:35 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:25 am
Posts: 581
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
MK Sharp wrote:
Ah, those shows were part of my childhood. We used to get in front of the TV every Saturday night - or was it Sunday night? - and tune in to Channel 7 - or was it Channel 9? Anyway, I have many fond memories of those shows...


The Wonderful World of Disney aired in Australia (at least in Sydney anyway) on Sunday nights at 6.30 (until around the mid 1980s) on the Nine Network

Sometime after 1986, Seven got the broadcast rights here

Crikey! That brings back a few memories

_________________
My website

My British Comics Blog


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:27 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:25 pm
Posts: 31
I noticed a few people want to see Song of the South as a Disney Treasure. If this film is ever released, it will never be part of the Treasures line. There is going to be so much attention/promotion/media on this title that it will get a complete release of its own just like all of the other Disney features.

It deserves to have it's own release instead of being under the banner of Walt Disney Treasures. At least, that's how I see it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:44 pm 
Offline
Gold Collection

Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:16 pm
Posts: 187
True, SotS will never be in the WDT line, but if it was it would give some much needed attention and publicity to the line that is sorely lacking.

_________________
I find you pompous, judgemental, and completely self-absorbed.........would you be my friend?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:53 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:28 am
Posts: 2573
Location: Any Disney park you choose
chadhobbick wrote:
True, SotS will never be in the WDT line.


Well, look at how they released "The Reluctant Dragon" and "Victory Through Air Power" on DVD. Frankly, I could care less how it's released. All I care about is that they just get 'er done!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:59 am 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:11 pm
Posts: 455
Location: AMERICA
Gregbert wrote:
I noticed a few people want to see Song of the South as a Disney Treasure. If this film is ever released, it will never be part of the Treasures line. There is going to be so much attention/promotion/media on this title that it will get a complete release of its own just like all of the other Disney features.

It deserves to have it's own release instead of being under the banner of Walt Disney Treasures. At least, that's how I see it.


The thing about the Treasures Series is that they are willing to release footage that is considered controversial in this line. Given that the studio doesnt seem to want to release this title on the grand scal they do with many of their releases due to some of the content some find offensive, the Trueasures line is our best bet at getting this movie released in North America. Really if you ask me its a perfect fit. :)

_________________
JUST ANOTHER 27 YEAR OLD DISNEY BUFF.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:48 pm 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:34 pm
Posts: 250
Location: Knocknasheega
a-net-fan wrote:
Gregbert wrote:
I noticed a few people want to see Song of the South as a Disney Treasure. If this film is ever released, it will never be part of the Treasures line. There is going to be so much attention/promotion/media on this title that it will get a complete release of its own just like all of the other Disney features.

It deserves to have it's own release instead of being under the banner of Walt Disney Treasures. At least, that's how I see it.


The thing about the Treasures Series is that they are willing to release footage that is considered controversial in this line. Given that the studio doesnt seem to want to release this title on the grand scal they do with many of their releases due to some of the content some find offensive, the Trueasures line is our best bet at getting this movie released in North America. Really if you ask me its a perfect fit. :)


Good point!

Darby


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:01 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition

Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:58 am
Posts: 951
Location: southern New Jersey
I've always felt that the fact SOTS hasn't been given a domestic release but only international ones is the height of Disney hypocrisy! (I have the Japanese import).

SOTS with a L Maltin intro explaining the time it was made would be all that is needed. I actually think there would be a lot less controversy than Disney fears. GWTW, the Little Rascals, the Mickey/Judy musicals, hell even Holiday Inn and the Jazz Singer are all available with little or no upset!

This situation always pisses me off so badly!

Jon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:39 pm 
Offline
Gold Collection

Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:49 am
Posts: 59
My guess/wish for next year's treasures:

1. Zorro.
containing the four shows from the "Disneyland" programme

2. Disney Rarities Volume 2
With on disc 1, the remaining theatrically released animated shorts of Walt's era (Chip & Dale, Susie, Casey, 2 Goofy shorts etc.)
+ some laugh-o-grams and Alice comedies.
And on disc 2, theatrically released animated shorts up to today
(the small one, it's tough to be a bird etc.)

I know some people might say that the treasures-line is only for material from Walt's time, but they've already done a similar thing with "Mickey in living color volume 2"
Those three shorts (Christmas Carol etc.) will obviously not be included on this set.

3. Elfego Baca Volume 2
Containing the rest of the series

4. The Swamp Fox Volume 2
Containing the rest of the series

I think the first two are pretty realistic.
Elfego and Swamp Fox less, but it would be nice to have them completed.

If Disney decided to release this material though, I wouldn't be surprised if they released them in two combined sets of "Legendary Heroes". Like the first Elfego/Swamp Fox set. This way, if people are only interested in one of the two shows, they would still have to buy the two sets!

Oh, and if Song of the South would get it's own release, then my year would be great!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:53 pm 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:23 pm
Posts: 2017
Location: Pacific city, Oregon
I really believe we'll have a Zorro set, either a possible 2 wave set or 1 wave set. I'd honestly would love to own a Zorro, one of the series I recall watchin on Vault Disney when I was growin up. Maybe we'll finaly see "Gallagher" released, it's been ages since I've seen that series.

Gallagher: The adventures of Gallagher, an Old West newspaper copyboy with a nose for news, who longs to become a reporter.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:36 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:00 am
Posts: 2191
Location: Campbell River, BC
Aside from the three shorts in Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh didn't the Disney company also make a few other Winnie the Pooh cartoons? If so that would make a rather interesting animated set. They could even include some of the stuff from the 80's perhaps if there's anything there that can be added in.

_________________
http://hornedking.deviantart.com/

My DA site :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:51 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:45 pm
Posts: 694
If I could have Wave IX my way...

Zorro -- restored to the original glorious black and white -- is a no-brainer. The colorized set from the Disney Movie Club is very disappointing.

People and Places -- this Oscar-winning series on different world cultures has never been released on home video. It is long overdue.

Rarities Vol. II -- All the things you guys have already mentioned from Walt's era -- throw on some of the unique shorts post-Walt like Kurt Russell's Dad Can I Borrow the Car? and you've got a winner.

If we have to get more TV collections, then aside from Zorro, Gallagher is a good choice, though I'd prefer Tales of Texas John Slaughter. I'm on hurry to "complete" Swamp Fox as I think its a weak point in Disney's body of work. Elfego Baca, on the other hand, was absolutely wonderful. They never should have combined the two.

I know this is squrrely, but I have a soft spot for Disney's making of TV specials...the famous "Operation Undersea", and other episodes like the making of Swiss Family Robinson ("And now, the Swiss Family Robinson calypso!"), Lady and the Tramp and others...I don't know what you'd call it, but I'd love to see that far more than another round of Mickey Mouse Club serials.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 479 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: disneyboy20022, Warm Regards and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group