Brother Bear

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Prince Adam
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Adam »

I wish people would quit saying "Oh, this film will be a lot like Pocahontas, or Lion King, or Tarzan": each animated film is uique and should be treated as such.

Enough with this "Best Disney film since Beauty and the Beast" or "Ranks up there with the Lion King".

I mean, when is the last time you heard someone say "The best Disney film since the Emperor's New Groove"?
Defy Gravity...
hotnewfilm

Post by hotnewfilm »

Choco Bear wrote:...honestly this guy never gives good reviews...
That's not what the current section in the site says. A quick trip to the archive reveals: very positive reviews for "Lilo & Stitch," "Finding Nemo" and "Sleeping Beauty." Boy, I'm worried about this "Brother Bear" more than ever...
BasilOfBakerStreet427
In The Vaults

Post by BasilOfBakerStreet427 »

Attention,to everybody.On November 1,make a reminder to see Brother Bear.Do whatever you can to make this movie #1,and keep #1.We don't want this movie to bomb,or the end of 2-D animation.So get everybody to see "Brother Bear".

ON MY WAY TO SEE BROTHER BEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
G'Day!
My DVD Collection

Miracle 2/6/2004
Home On The Range 4/2/2004
Starion
Anniversary Edition

Post by Starion »

The soundtrack comes out on Tuesday! :) I'm so excited.

I'm going to listen to Tina Turner and Phil Collins.

The soundtrack at the Disney Store comes with an exclusive cover.
http://disney.store.go.com/DSSectionPag ... ear&Page=1

I might pick up the book Brother Bear: A Transformation Tale soon.
Lady
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Lady »

they are showing an early release of this film this friday at the el capitain theatre in hollywood. also, there will be a disney character live show before they show the movie.

this means we will probably get some substantive reviews of the movie this next weekend. is anyone going to the early el capitain screening?
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

I'll be seeing it Saturday morning at 10 am Eastern time.
Choco Bear
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Choco Bear »

well it lokks like lady was roght REVIEWS! and well this all i got to say :huh:

go see for your self
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/Brother ... eviews.php
PheR
Special Edition

Post by PheR »

Prince Adam wrote: when is the last time you heard someone say "The best Disney film since the Emperor's New Groove"?
Maybe they'll say it when Home on the Range comes out :lol:
I'ts enough for this restless warrior just to be with you...
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

Hmmm... 4 bad reviews and one good one so far huh? Well, movie critic's opinions make no difference to me, I will be seeing this film anyway and I am sure it will be just fine.
Choco Bear
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Choco Bear »

Maerj wrote:Hmmm... 4 bad reviews and one good one so far huh? Well, movie critic's opinions make no difference to me, I will be seeing this film anyway and I am sure it will be just fine.
hmm i just want it to do good and people read revies :( o well as long as i see it im hapopy i cant wait ony 10 more days!!!!!! :D

o ya Maerj youyr new avatar is awsome :)
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

Choco Bear wrote:o ya Maerj youyr new avatar is awsome :)
Thanks, I think the Bat Boy was scaring people, and I love Tikis.
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

Maerj wrote:Hmmm... 4 bad reviews and one good one so far huh? Well, movie critic's opinions make no difference to me, I will be seeing this film anyway and I am sure it will be just fine.
Oh, man... I'm scared now... I mean, this film just can't flop!!!!!! :huh:
BasilOfBakerStreet427
In The Vaults

Post by BasilOfBakerStreet427 »

Don't worry,other badly reviewed have been successful.Remember "Armageddon"?But there have been good bad reviewed movies that have been successful.Like the Ace Ventura movies,Star Wars:Episode One,and many others.
G'Day!
My DVD Collection

Miracle 2/6/2004
Home On The Range 4/2/2004
Lady
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Lady »

well we'll have to see how the rest of the reviews are like. but i have to admit, this doesn't look good. . .

:o
Paka
Anniversary Edition

Post by Paka »

Yeah - like Lady said, we'll have to wait for the general consensus next week; I've seen movies go from fresh to rotten to fresh (and vice versa) on Rotten Tomatoes, and I'm pretty sure BB will be at least 60%. Hell - Spirit got 67% - and we all know how dismal that one was. ;)

Aww, Maerj!! I liked the bat boy! You shoulda kept it through Hallowe'en, at least!! :( :wink:
Life often leaves us standing bare, naked and dejected with a lost opportunity. Over the bleached bones and jumbled residues of numerous civilizations are written the pathetic words: "Too late."

~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
RoyalNatalie
Limited Issue

Post by RoyalNatalie »

Was there ever a time when Disney fans were just excited for a new animated film to be released instead of being terrified of the film flopping?

No, seriously. It seems like all I have ever done during the anticipation for a new Disney film is worry about its financial future. Granted that I may not have only been a fan for five years, but I just wonder what it was like when Beauty and the Beast had just been released and Aladdin and The Lion King were next in line.

So much rides on this film and I'm worried about it. I just wish I could look forward to it, but it is hardly anything that would pull me out to the theaters to see it if I was not a Disney fan. I'm hoping that my feelings are the minority -- for the company's sake.

I'm surprised, though, that Disney is not advertising this movie as one of the last traditionally animated films. It would fit perfectly with most of their advertising campaigns. "Get it now before it is gone!" Maybe we'll see that approach with Home on the Range?
"I'm a damsel. I'm in distress. I can handle this. Have a nice day!"

My DVD Lists
[url=http://royal_highness.livejournal.com/]Natalie's Journal[/url]
starlioness
Gold Classic Collection

Post by starlioness »

funny thing is , the online community knows about the 2-d Dilemaa(sp?) but the general public doesn't . I mean fast-forward 5 or 6 years and people will say.. "well, I liked 3d films , but what ever happened to films like Beauty and Cinderella? " :?
PheR
Special Edition

Post by PheR »

I agree, the should advertise this as one of the last traditional animation mpvies....and use more Koda in their campain instead of the mooses, Kids bring the succes to movies like this, and Koda is the perfect character for atracting kids.

If the Lion King had been released this year, they have used Timon and Pumba to promote it.
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

5 negative reviews now...
Bye bye 2-D animation. :cry:
PheR
Special Edition

Post by PheR »

well, the whole plot looks very exciting!! it looks like the "brother hunts brother" thing is present here, and the "koda's mom mistery" too.

and about those backgrounds, wooooowww!!!!! it is a great movie to me already.....I'm so excited and I just cant't hide it, I'm about to lose control and I think I like it. :D