DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:05 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I heard that too. I hope they make other fairytale films ("Cinderella", "Beauty and the Beast", "The Little Mermaid" and "Snow White") with Barbie in the leading role after "Sleeping Beauty".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:07 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment
Yeah,The Little Mermaid will be neat :D.
I can really see a Beauty and the Beast version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:18 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Honestly, I'm rather surprised they haven't made a "Cinderella" one. It is the fairy tale, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:30 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Yeah, it is strange. Mattel even made Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and Snow White dolls for their Princess Collection despite not having a movie for those dolls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:06 pm 
Limited Edition

I caught the "Barbie in Swan Lake" on Nickelodeon a few years ago and I actually enjoyed it except for some of the character designs, like the little kids. I guess they're limited to what the doll products can physically be like.

I haven't seen any other Barbie movie except for snippets of "Island Princess" which was kind of lame, but a good effort. The Rapunzel one sounds exciting. Do they all have songs like with the characters singing? I don't remember is Swan Lake did.

There is one thing I've always been wondering...for "The Princess and the Pauper," how the heck do they get the two girls confused for each other if they have different hair colors?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:38 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Quote:
I caught the "Barbie in Swan Lake" on Nickelodeon a few years ago and I actually enjoyed it except for some of the character designs, like the little kids. I guess they're limited to what the doll products can physically be like.

I always thought dolls looked nothing like their animated counterparts, for example, main character in "Fairytopia" has short hair, but the doll has really long hair.
Quote:
I haven't seen any other Barbie movie except for snippets of "Island Princess" which was kind of lame, but a good effort. The Rapunzel one sounds exciting. Do they all have songs like with the characters singing? I don't remember is Swan Lake did.

"Swan Lake" features music from Tchaikovsky's ballet of the same name (like Disney's "Sleeping Beauty"), while "The Princess and the Pauper" and "The Island Princess" are the only Barbie films with original songs.
Quote:
There is one thing I've always been wondering...for "The Princess and the Pauper," how the heck do they get the two girls confused for each other if they have different hair colors?

:lol: The brunette wears a blond wig.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:15 am 

Did CGI Barbie movies series ended?
The last one I saw was Three Musketeers in like, 2009 I think? So I wanted to check how they look like today (of course I saw trailers, posters etc. for many, but haven't fully watched them), and I noticed there was no new movie released after 'Dolphin Magic' from 2017. There is also no trailers or news about another one.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:18 pm 
Platinum Edition

I think there hasn't been a new one yet because the animation studio making these movies was working on a Barbie TV show called Barbie: Dreamhouse Adventures. Barbie: Dolphin Magic served as the pilot to this TV show. Maybe they couldn't pull off working both on a new movie and a TV series at the same time so the movie was delayed. Maybe Mattel's holding off on more CG movies until the live-action Barbie movie gets released theatrically in 2020. Admittedly, these are just theories but cancelling the Barbie film series just seems very unlikely to me.