King of the Elves

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Tangled
Gold Classic Collection

Re: King of the Elves

Post by Tangled »

Given the general timeframe that King of the Elves was in production, I wouldn't be surprised if Chris Williams was ultimately forced to choose between directing Big Hero 6 or King of the Elves. He was probably just a lot more passionate about Big Hero 6, considering that King of the Elves was merely transferred to him (a la Bolt). He probably just wanted his own project rather than someone else's. I understand, even if I probably would have preferred seeing King of the Elves produced over Big Hero 6. It's extremely tough to finish another artist's work when you don't care at all about or have no connection to the story that the other artist was telling.

However, thanks to King of the Elves being shelved, Clay Kaytis left Disney and directed The Angry Birds Movie so...good for him, I guess? :shifty:
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I wonder if WDAS might consider bringing this film back into production now that they have no other original animated film. I'd be quite excited for this film.
ImageImage
Weโ€™re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

The only thing that would 100% convince me going to the next Expo is if WDAS and Pixar did a panel on KOE, Newt, & Gigantic and tell us what happened to the movies and what the movies would have been like. Would be the perfect time since they announced Gigantic in the 2015 expo.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Beautiful! Thanks for posting. I'd love if Disney tried to revisit this project. I always preferred this over that ridiculous Gigantic film.
ImageImage
Weโ€™re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

^^Me too, Jean
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

Multiple concept art pieces for "King of the Elves" from 2014, showing Troll designs and more by Armand Baltazar.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CD9cqZUDziv/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CD__DcTjcuZ/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CEPNLtlDnIO/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CEPNlIDjJJ5/ (closeups)

It looks really cool
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
MoonMarc21
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MoonMarc21 »

The last concept art looks like Earth-69 in Across the Spider-Verse. :lol: It looks like the elves beat up Prowler Miles given the claws on the floor and the old man kinda looks like Joe from Soul. :P
Favorite Things Right Now:
1. edamame by bbno$ and Rich Brian (Song)
2. Jujutsu Kaisen (Anime)
3. Ma Baker by Boney M. (Song)
4. The Boy and the Heron (Movie)
5. Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield (Song)