Chuck Williams wrote:
Producer/Writer - KING OF THE ELVES
Walt Disney Animation Studios
January 2008 – December 2009 (2 years)
Original CGI feature film in development and pre-production, premised from a short story by Philip K. Dick.
• Brought project and world to WDAS Walt Disney Animation Studios (WDAS) with directors.
• Created believable immersive fantasy world of elves, trolls, faeries, working closely with directors, artists and technicians to achieve "look" of the film.
• Developed story structure, theme, characters and all scenes with directors.
• Orchestrated and led all research, screenings, offsites, trips & lectures.
• Wrote "bible" of the film's world.
• Wrote first two drafts of the screenplay.
• Orchestrated and participated in several pitches to top echelon company's executive leadership of the company.
• Hired all key personnel on the team - story artists, additional writers, Art Director, Associate Producer, VFX Supervisor, etc.
• Worked closely with directors, artists and technicians to achieve "look" of the film.
• Initiated several technical tests to explore realistic eye simulation and complicated vegetation.
• Partnered/worked with studio to create budget and schedule plan.