Future Disneyland Resorts

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

Future Disneyland Resorts

Post by Jack Skellington »

Hi, I think Disney should pay more attention to it's fans for suggestions about their theme parks, I've heard a lot of creative ideas from the Theme Park Forums from other Disney Fans. I don't really like Disney's plans to build a park in Shanghai ,if Hong Kong isn't really that successful why would Disney build another park in China ? Shanghai is only a 2 hour flight from Hong Kong, Disney should build a park that's remote from any other Disney resort, this would make the park a success and it would benefit all the fans around the world since it would make their favourite theme park closer to their city. (Nothing is more stressing than a 10 hour flight !) I think that a Disneyland in Australia or Dubai would be a good idea because Australasia and the Middle East are the farthest places from any Disney Resort around the world, Disney should stop investing in resorts that are only a few hours apart by plane. What is your opinion ?
Last edited by Jack Skellington on Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
darth_deetoo
Special Edition

Post by darth_deetoo »

Do you really think a Disneyland - a symbol of corporate Americanism and the West - would go down well in the middle East?

:roll:
Left. Waiting for account to be deleted.
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

darth_deetoo wrote:Do you really think a Disneyland - a symbol of corporate Americanism and the West - would go down well in the middle East?

:lol: Who knows? We could have a Hamas-looking Mickey Mouse outfit and Tinkerbelle with a rifle wand!

OK, bad joke, I know. :P
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
darth_deetoo
Special Edition

Post by darth_deetoo »

Jasmine's Palace instead of Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty's castle?

:lol:
Fflewduur
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Fflewduur »

Disney-Fan wrote:
darth_deetoo wrote:Do you really think a Disneyland - a symbol of corporate Americanism and the West - would go down well in the middle East?

:lol: Who knows? We could have a Hamas-looking Mickey Mouse outfit and Tinkerbelle with a rifle wand!

OK, bad joke, I know. :P

Hmm. Were you already aware of Farfur, the Hamas <a href="http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2007 ... kalike?</a> Farfur's been axed, BTW; he's been replaced by...<a href="http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/08/ ... 5.shtml">a bee named Nahool</a>? Are they co-opting a Jewish comedian's <a href="http://www.beemovie.com/">newest film project</a> in the name of jihad?
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

darth_deetoo wrote:Jasmine's Palace instead of Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty's castle?
That'd be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (She's my favorite princess.)
Jack Skellington wrote:I think that a Disneyland in Australia...would be a good idea because Australasia and the Middle East are the farthest places from any Disney Resort around the world, Disney should stop investing in resorts that are only a few hours apart by plane.
I think that having a Disney park in Australia would be a great idea- they deserve to have a park! I'm not sure how close HKDL is to Australia (Loomis knows), but I wonder how many people from Australia travel to HKDL often? Or, if HKDL is closer to one part of Australia than another, then build the park on the other side of Australia...I think that's a great idea!
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

Disneyland

Well Dubai is already opening a Universal Studios theme park, a Paramount Movie Theme Park, and a Marvel comics Theme Park, but it's strange that Disney isn't on that list, Australia also needs a Disneyland because Disneyland Hong kong or Tokyo aern't really that near to it, so it's because of the location and also I really like the weather there.

Please check these sites : ( I'm convinced that Dubai might be the next Orlando.)
(www.universalstudiosdubailand.com)

(www.dubailand.ae)

(http://www.marvel.com/company/index.htm ... hp&id=1243)

(http://www.variety.com/article/VR111796 ... id=18&cs=1)

By the way I think an Agrabah castle in Dubai would be really cool ! :)
darth_deetoo
Special Edition

Post by darth_deetoo »

Well, one of the prince's / sheikh's (apologies to anyone I might offend by not using the correct terminology) is already a major shareholder in Disneyland Paris, so maybe he just doesn't care about having a more local Disneyland.

I don't know what the US parks are like, but there is some major Aladdin theming around Adventureland in Disneyland Paris.

Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

Actually Prince Al Waleed proposed to the media that he wants to build a Disneyland in Bahrain but I don't know what came up. Disney's James Rasulo is intrested in making a Disneyland in Dubai, but I think he's waiting for the right oppurtonity. As for the one in Australia, according to Wikipedia Disney has already sent scouts in Australia to find a place to build a new park.

( http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_q ... _n17202041 )

( http://archive.gulfnews.com/indepth/iaa ... 27447.html )
darth_deetoo
Special Edition

Post by darth_deetoo »

Well, neither of those reports suggest it's a) likely to happen, or b) going to happen. The prince might be a stakeholder in DLRP, but the head of Disney resorts seems to think that the Dubai market is more adult orientated and not the ideal place for a Disney Park at this time. It looks to me like the prince will have to make do with DLRP for the time being.
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

But it still is possible, I would have never expected that the universal studios or paramount etc. would open theme parks in Dubai, so you can never say never. And by the way, I understand that your'e a big fan of DLP and you don't want anything to compete with it, but look on the bright side, if one-third of Dubai's tourists are European and there was a Disney park in Dubai, eventually DLP would offer more rides in it's parks in order to compete with a park in a location like that. :)
darth_deetoo
Special Edition

Post by darth_deetoo »

Well, anythings possible, I just don't see it happening anytime soon.

The question is whether they would want to spread themselves too thinly as well. DLRP finally seems to be on a turn after 15 years, so I wouldn't have thought they would want anything to jeaopardise it's current success.
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

Ok what are your opinions, where in the world should Disney build a Magic-Kingdom style theme park other than exsisting ones ? :?
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

In my opinion first they need to focus on getting the current resorts running at their fullest potential (especially Hong Kong and Paris) and only then should they even consider contemplating a random thought of a resemblance of a new resort. :D
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

Yeah I agree with that, I've been to Hong Kong Disneyland ,and quite frankly it's less than satisfactory, but it's also the Shanghai theme park plans that's also bothering me, the Chinese are so lucky to have two parks built there in only a decade. :roll:
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

Having been following these reports for the last few years now, and being an avid HKDL fan, I can almost guarantee that Disney will not be building any new resorts within the next decade. Iger is allegedly seeing HKDL as his pet project to "fix", while Lasseter has convinced the board to invest over $1 BILLION US in "fixing" DCA.

Given that HKDL has failed to crack the Chinese market, it would surprise me greatly to see a mainland China one any time soon.
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

That's good to hear, I hope they make some MAJOR expansions, otherwise I wouldn't bother to go there for the sake of a couple of new attractions.
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

How about a park in South America? Preferably Brazil?
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

I've noticed a big trend happening in my country, many major Hollywood film/entertainment companies are opening their own theme park here.

It started with the Universal Studios, followed by Paramount, Marvel, Nickelodeon, Warner Brothers, and most recently Dreamworks.

I'm really happy about this, but I still have a feeling that Disney are next.
I mean Disney, 20th Century Fox, and New Line Cinema (if it wasn't merged with the WB theme-park) are the only three major Hollywood studios that haven't decided to build a theme park here yet !

Disney would always be my preferred company to have a theme park here, but I really think that it's on it's way, and that all the rival studios are effecting each other like dominos.

James Rasulo (The Walt Disney Parks and Resorts chief ) says the company is keeping an eye on Dubai's tourism growth. He's just waiting for people from North America to know that Dubai exists, but an American friend told me that there are plenty of ads on Dubai in American billboards and magazines.

Is there anyone reading this post that doesn't know where Dubai is before I wrote this message ? :?
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

Jack Skellington wrote:Is there anyone reading this post that doesn't know where Dubai is before I wrote this message ? :?
:oops: guilty...I guess I need to brush up on my Geography. I looked it up on Wikipedia and the city looks like a very beautiful place to visit! I wouldn't mind a trip there to see the city and also all these new theme parks.
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>