DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:05 am 
Platinum Edition

February 24 is the date set for the return of "The Voice" on NBC. This will be the Sixth season for this very entertaining show, in which singers are judged by way of 'blind' judging, on their voice and not what they look like.

This season will mark the return of Usher and Shakira as coaches, along with Adam Levine and Blake Shelton. The host of the show is Carson Daly.

Season Five was a great season, including the farewells of CeeLo Green and Christina Aguilera as coaches. "The Voice" is among my favorite shows that are returning this spring.

Season Four's winner, Danielle Bradbery, has taken off with her music career because of this show. Her album is atop the charts and she is currently touring with Brad Paisley. When she appeared here in Wichita, she was totally surprised by an appearance on stage by Reba McIntire, and I understand that other artists have made 'surprise' appearances across the country.

The Swon Brothers, also from Season Four, have hit it big in Nashville. Their album is coming out in the next few weeks, and they are getting ready for a tour with Florida/Georgia Line.

8 pm Eastern/7 Central is the time set for the first night of "Blind Auditions" for Season Six of "The Voice" on February 24.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:53 pm 
Platinum Edition

Cee Lo Green has confirmed he will not be returning to the show in the future. :( Unfortunate. He and Usher have been my favorite of the judges.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:34 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I'm wondering what they will do for Season 7 now that Cee Lo is officially gone. I wonder if Usher or Shakira will stick around and Christina return?

Anyway I'm looking forward to the new season. The Voice is one of the few reality shows I still watch.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:14 am 
Platinum Edition

If you were paying attention last season around the last show, it was a farewell to both Christina and CeeLo, and the contracts with both of them had been fulfilled. Neither Christina nor CeeLo will be back and the next couple of seasons will feature the lineup of Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, Shakira, and Usher. They seem to have a much better chemistry and I think that Usher and Shakira would have a chance at winning better than Christina and CeeLo.

It all starts tonight on NBC at 8 pm Eastern/7 Central. It is sad that those of you who live on the Left Coast don't get this show live. But I am glad that we do here in the Heartland.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:48 am 
Platinum Edition

Season Six of "The Voice" is up and running. The coaches all hit the stage last night to open this season's festivities, and it really good to see Shakira and Usher back. There is some great chemistry between them and Adam and Blake and it makes watching the show so much fun.

Some very good talent started everything off and Shakira and Usher got a couple of good ones.

Tonight is a one-hour Blind Audition show and from the previews last night it looks like it is going to be loads of fun.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:49 am 
Platinum Edition

Monday night begins week number 2 of "The Voice - Blind Auditions" and if the talent keeps up with the first week, we will have a real good bunch of singers vying for the Season Six title.

Coaches Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, Usher and Shakira are really showing what they are all about this season. It's going to be a very good season for this show as nothing else is on that really matters on Monday and Tuesday nights.

Battle Rounds come after the Blind Auditions when the teams are set. Then after that comes the Knockout Rounds and then we get to the live shows.

Tessanne Chin, Season Five winner from Coach Adam's team will be one of the first guests when the show goes live. In the coming weeks we will see Danielle Bradbery, Season Five winner from Coach Blake's team, along with the Swon Brothers. Lots of great mentors this season and they will all be announced in the coming weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:10 am 
Platinum Edition

Tonight, March 10 and Tuesday night are the last two nights of the Blind Auditions for Season Six. Next Sunday there will be a review of how these three weeks went, and then next Moncay, March 17 the "Knockout Rounds" will begin.

All four coaches, Adam Levine, Usher, Shakira, and Blake Shelton, have some pretty great talent. There are only a few spots open on each team as they try to pick the 12 members who they will begin coaching towards the final outcome "Season Six The Voice".

We are still a few weeks away from the "live" shows, but the Knockout Rounds are always very enjoyable.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:49 am 
Platinum Edition

"Knock-out" Rounds started Monday night on "The Voice", and there were some very hard choices made by the coaches as some were sent home and a couple were picked up via the 'coaches Steal"!

The 'knock-out' rounds continue tonight and next week, so you can catch up with what is happening on Sunday nights with "The Voice Week in Review" shows with some interesting behind-the-scenes banter between the judges, and some of their insights as to why they picked certain contestants.

After watching the show Monday night I watched DWTS, which I had DVR's and was very disappointed at the lack of talented dancers on the show. Will probably just watch once in a while because The Voice is so much better this year. They have some very talented people and it is going to be a real tough season to see any of them go home.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:46 pm 
Special Edition

I don't watch The Voice often, so I have no idea what's up with the semantics.

However, my mother showed me this video that occurred in the Italian version of The Voice. It is so delightfully heartwarming and entertaining all in one.

Sorry for the highjacking. I'll shoo myself out now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:10 pm 
Platinum Edition

Round one of the "Battle Rounds" is completed, and now the artists prepare to face their second duel for a place on the team for the "Live" shows. If the second "Battle Rounds" go as good as the first, it will be very entertaining.

People ask "where did all the power singers go" when they watch "American Idol" and the real answer is they tried out for The Voice! Some really good talent this year, and if I had to choose which team will win my standard answer is, "if you watch the show, vote in one of the many ways you can" for the artist you like most.

It all comes down to your votes, so you can watch the show and whichever talent moves you the most, you should vote for that person.

My own personal choice is that it will be either Usher or Blake that wins this thing. I may be wrong, but that's my story and I am sticking to it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:40 am 
Platinum Edition

Coldplay front man, Chris Martin joins the artists for the Second Round of Battle Rounds this week on The Voice. He will be tutoring all the singers and this should be a lot of fun. Each coach is going to be allowed ONE steal in this round, and the "Live" shows begin soon.

Usher and Shakira have really played their choice well and both have very strong teams. I still think that Adam Levine has some tricks up his sleeve when it comes to his coaching, and just might win again this year. Saying that, watch and see what antics Blake Shelton is up to. He has a died-in-the-wool country singer and a hard-rocker on his team this season. Hope he knows what he is doing with both.

Battle Rounds 2 begins Monday night!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:22 am 
Platinum Edition

The coaches have their teams, and it is time for the "Live" shows in the round they call "Playoffs" on The Voice.

Adam, Shakira, Usher, and Blake Shelton each have five people they think can bring them the prize of The Voice Season Six 2014.

Lots of hard choices were made last night in the final rounds of Battle Part 2. Blake used his final steal to get Madelin on his team.

20 artists will enter, but only one will be victorious in the Finals. Who is your favorite this year to win it all?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:02 am 
Platinum Edition

"The Playoffs" is another audience only addition to this season of The Voice. I thought they just renamed the 'Live" shows, but this was very interesting last night as team Blake members performed solo with a song of their choice. All Five team members performed and then Blake had to send two of them home.

After the dust settled and five powerful performances were given by Blake's team members it was Jake Worthington, Audra, and Sisaundra who have made it through to the live shows in two weeks.

Next Monday and Tuesday we will see the other three teams perform for their coaches once more and then we will have the Top 12 who will go on to the Live shows and a chance at becoming The Voice Season Six.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:22 am 
Platinum Edition

Tonight (Monday, April 14) two more teams will be whittled down by their respective coaches. Last Tuesday night we saw Team Blake Shelton's five members perform and then Blake had to make the tough decision to send two of them home

Two more coaches will be in the "Playoffs" tonight and their five team members will perform a song of their choice and then the coach of that particular team will have to make the hard decision to send two members home.

Only 12 will make it to the "Live" shows which begin next Monday, April 21. Agreed with Blake Shelton's choices and unless one of the other teams has anyone better, it could Blake's season to win again. That would make four for him, as Team Adam has two wins.

It all starts at 8 pm Eastern/7 pm Central tonight!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:52 pm 
Platinum Edition

Tonight, Tuesday, April 15, we will get to watch Usher's team perform songs they picked themselves and then Usher will have to make the gut-wrenching decision as two what three he will take with him to the Live shows next week.

Last night's show was amazing, and Shakira and Adam picked their three members after the five member teams performed. While I didn't agree with all the choices, I understand what each coach saw in that person. Adam and Shakira both have very strong teams and I think that the winner is going to come from one of those two teams, but as stated before, tonight we get to see who Usher picks from his five artists tonight.

Can't believe that no one else is watching this show this season. At least that what it seems like with the lack of contributions to this thread. This show is ten times better than American Idol ever will be or can be. That is just my own opinion, because I am watching this season's Idol and just think there are a lot better singers on The Voice.