DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Getting To Know You
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:00 pm 

Since I am new here, I thought it would be a good idea to tell you a little bit about myself. My favorite movies are Mary Poppins, The Birds, The Shining, Gremlins, and the Back To The Future trilogy. My favorite TV shows are The Big Bang Theory, Psych, and Modern Family.

Now, I want to know a little bit about you. What are your favorite movies and TV shows?

Post subject: Re: Getting To Know You
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:19 pm 
Collector's Edition

Well my favorite movies are: Gone With The Wind, Beauty and the Beast, Mary Poppins, The Shining, The King and I, Les Miserables, The Deer Hunter and Frozen.

TV shows are: Modern Family, 2 Broke Girls, The Big Bang Theory, some good cartoons from time to time, and I Love Lucy.

My dream is to be an actor and writer for film and TV. I'm currently writing a teleplay for a film adaptation of Our Gang as a part-time hobby.

It's nice to know you and the thread title "Getting To Know You" has now become a great song by Rodgers and Hammerstein which I'm a big fan of. :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:46 pm 
Collector's Edition

Movies: too many to name

TV Shows (current): Teen Wolf, Survivor, Ru Paul's Drag Race, The Young and the Restless, Days of Our Lives, General Hospital, O'Reilly Factor, Girls, Looking

TV Shows (past): I Love Lucy, Dark Shadows, Oz, Queer As Folk, Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman and dozens of others

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:35 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

My favorite movies are:

It Happened One Night (1934), Modern Times (1936), His Girl Friday (1940), Rear Window (1954), 12 Angry Men (1957), The Magnificent Seven (1960), The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966), The Graduate (1967), Once Upon a Time in the West (1968), The Godfather (1972), The Godfather: Part II (1974), Dog Day Afternoon (1975), Raging Bull (1980), The Breakfast Club (1985), Back to the Future (1985), Die Hard (1988), The Godfather: Part III (1990), JFK (1991), Thelma & Louise (1991), Falling Down (1993), Groundhog Day (1993), Léon (1994), Pulp Fiction (1994), The Shawshank Redemption (1994), The Usual Suspects (1995), Die Hard: With a Vengeance (1995), American Beauty (1999), Almost Famous (2000), A Love Song for Bobby Long (2004), Die Fetten Jahren Sind Vorbei (The Edukators, 2004), The Girl in the Café (2005), The Da Vinci Code (2006), Il y a Longtemps Que Je t'Aime (I Loved You So Long, 2008), Entre les Murs (The Class, 2008), Sherlock Holmes (2009), Inception (2010)

My favorite tv series/shows are:

Disney's Zorro, Happy Days, Twin Peaks, Boy Meets World, Friends, Frasier, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, The Sopranos, The West Wing, Real Time with Bill Maher, Life, Mad Men, Forbrydelsen (The Killing), Boardwalk Empire, Borgen (The Government), Bron/Broen (The Bridge)

Or just check out all my 774 ratings: http://www.imdb.com/user/ur45247109/rat ... v_usr_rt_4

:P

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:35 am 
Platinum Edition

Movies: too many to name. Definitely a lot of Disney films.

TV Shows: I'm hard up, but a few I can think of are Lost, Once Upon A Time, The Simpsons, Futurama, Modern Family, The Daily Show, the Colbert Report, Real Time with Bill Maher, Who's Line is it Anyway?, The Newsroom, Game of Thrones, Big Bang Theory, Boy Meets World, Avatar: the Last Airbender, and a couple others here and there that I watch casually, like Seth McFarlane, Veep, or Law&Order.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:00 pm 
Limited Edition

Movies: Most things Hitchcock, Wilder, Malick, Kurosawa, Kubrick, Bergman, Tarantino, Curtiz, Chaplin, Fellini

TV: Older- Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel/Firefly, The Wire, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Cheers/Frasier, The Dick Van Dyke Show, King of the Hill, The Twilight Zone. Newer- How I Met Your Mother, Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Archer, The Boondocks, Parks and Recreation, Community, Orphan Black, Hannibal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:00 pm 
Limited Edition

Films: I love so many, but 'My Summer of Love' and 'Weekend' are my favourite ones.

Television shows: I haven't watched so many yet (like 'Mad Men', 'Breaking Bad', 'Parks and Recreation', 'The Good Wife', 'Maison Close', 'The Bletchley Circle', 'Veep', 'The Americans', 'House of Cards', 'Vikings', 'Orphan Black', 'Rectify', etc.), but so far my favourites ones are (in this order) 'Game of Thrones', 'Hannibal', 'Masters of Sex', 'Looking', 'The Fall', 'Luther', 'Girls', 'Downton Abbey' and 'Mr. Selfridge'. I do watch more than these, though.

Avaitor, I'm glad I'm not the only who loves 'Hannibal' here! That show is criminally underrated!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:53 pm 
Limited Edition

Old Fish Tale wrote:
Avaitor, I'm glad I'm not the only who loves 'Hannibal' here! That show is criminally underrated!

It's much too graphic a show for many people, but that's a part of its brilliance. Hannibal finds beauty in hideous ideas, very similar to Thomas Harris' prose. It's a fantastic show.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:12 pm 
Collector's Edition

Tuppence A. Bag wrote:
Since I am new here, I thought it would be a good idea to tell you a little bit about myself. My favorite movies are Mary Poppins, The Birds, The Shining, Gremlins, and the Back To The Future trilogy. My favorite TV shows are The Big Bang Theory, Psych, and Modern Family.

Now, I want to know a little bit about you. What are your favorite movies and TV shows?

Welcome, Tuppence A. Bag! (cool name, btw)

Favourite movies: Toy Story, The Fox and the Hound, Treasure Planet, Star Wars, Back to the Future, It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, A Series of Unfortunate Events, The Lord of the Rings, and lots, lots more

Favourite TV: Lost, Heroes (the first season, at least), Gravity Falls, Adventure Time, Avatar: The Last Airbender.

I tend to like stuff that was originally intended for children, I guess. :D