DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:47 am 
Platinum Edition

February 23 is the date set for the return of "The Voice" on NBC. Carson Daly returns as the host, along with Adam Levine, Pharrell Williams, Blake Shelton and, for the last time I hope, 'Miss Boobs-a-Lot' Christina Aguilera, return as Coaches.

Season 7 was a great season for the show and the coaches were very competitive right up to the Finale. Gwen Stefani proved to be a really good coach with her personality, commentary, and all around 'being one of the guys' on the panel. This is something that Miss Aguilera has proven in past appearances that she can't do.

Pharrell proved to be a an awesome coach and all of his team commented on how much they learned from him.

The Blind Auditions start at 8 pm EST/7 pm Central and it should be a good season for The Voice, after the dismal ratings of DWTS on ABC last season. Hope the good talent keeps coming.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:03 pm 
Platinum Edition

Well, the first two nights of Blind Auditions proved to be very exciting. There is a real wealth of talent this year, so far.

Surprised how subdued and quiet Christina is so far. She isn't trying to be the center of attention as in the past. She actually is pretty good and trying to be one of "guys" this year. She bounces off Pharrell really well, and has had some very complimentary things to say about his successes.

We have two more weeks of Blind Auditions, then comes the Battle Rounds, which are really a lot of fun. Then comes the Knockout Round which is always heartbreaking for some of the singers.

Season 8 is looking to be very entertaining and I will be watching each and every week, and will also be watching American Idol as well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:33 am 
Platinum Edition

Tonight (Tuesday, March 3) will mark the end of the Blind Auditions. Pharrell looks to have one of the strongest teams so far. Next week we begin the Battle Rounds, and that will be followed by the Knockout Rounds, and then the Live Shows where we all get to vote for our favorites.

Any one else watching this season??

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:37 am 
Platinum Edition

This week begins the Knockout Rounds as the singers vie for those coveted four spots on each coaches team. Blake and Pharrell seem to have the best teams and I don't envy them when it comes time to pick and choose and eliminate a team member. Christina has a varied team with a couple of strong singers, and I think Adam's team is going to be the dark horse of the competition.

Can't wait to see who remains on who's team and who steals who during these rounds of competition. Can't wait for the Live shows to begin.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:01 pm 
Platinum Edition

I've read the ratings have been up; could it be because of Christina...? I admit she's the only reason I've watched as much as I have.

The only contestants I've seen that I care for are India and Sawyer. Hopefully one of them will win, despite not being on teams named Adam or Blake.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:14 am 
Platinum Edition

The Battle Rounds are over and last night was the last night of the Knockout rounds and that means that the "live" shows will start next Monday, April 6th.

All of the coaches look to have pretty good teams, and even though Christina has made it clear that she wants to win, she has done the same thing that has caused her not to, by choosing wrong during the Battle and Knockout rounds. She has a good team, but of the four, hers looks to be the weakest.

I really think that Pharrell Williams has the strongest team followed very closely by Blake and Adam. I really like how Pharrell coaches his team members. He is a producer, artist, and musician, and knows how to bring out the best in each of his team members.

Let's get ready for some great entertainment and some really good singers to take the stage next week on Season Eight of The Voice.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:28 am 
Platinum Edition

Since it looks like I am the only one around here on this forum that is watching, I will just tell you that for the first time the American viewers and Coaches got it right when the first "Live" shows were finished this week. America voted and the lowest three votes were in the judges hands to pick one more to get through to the Top 12 next week. In my opinion they got it right.

My favorite singer at this juncture is Sawyer Hendrix and I really think that Pharrell Williams has the strongest team after this week's voting.

Coach Blake Shelton has the second strongest team and then comes Coach Adam Levine followed by Ms. Aguilera. I truly think she picks to lose, and after last night's results show she just proved it again.