DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:27 am 
Platinum Edition

Don't know how many of you watch this show, but if you don't you are missing what the true meaning of 'family' is.

A multi-ethnic family mix of foster, adopted, and biological kids being lovingly raised by two moms is the basis of the show.

Teri Polo and Sheri Saum are the lesbian parents of this family that has gone through it troubles and it salvation.

The summer premier was last night and it was very thorough in its presentation of the problems of youth facing adoption and having it stopped on a technicality.

Featured players in this fabulous show include Jake T. Austin, David Lambert, Maya Mitchell, Hayden Byerly and a host of others.

The stories are well told, and I am amazed at what a good actress Rosie O'Donnell is. She plays Rita Hendricks, the Mom in a group home that Callie (Mitchell) was sentenced to spend time with after a situation out of her control got her in trouble with the law. O'Donnell was made for this role and I hope that she makes guest appearances througout. She brings the quality of writing to whole new level.

How many of you are watching this great television show?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:05 am 

:wave: Me! I love it! I'm so grateful that the LBGT community is getting represented in a stable, loving , supportive, realistic way! Gives me hope for my own children with my girlfriend someday :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:32 pm 
Collector's Edition

LOVE thos show! ABC Family has really great programming -- The Fosters, Switched At Birth, Pretty Little Liars, Chasing Life, and Baby Daddy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:26 am 
Platinum Edition

I hope the writers of this show don't go down the well-worn path of having Sofia try to commit suicide just so she can get her step-sister back in the family. And Robert Quinn is a real jerk. After signing the abandonment papers that would clear the way for Callie to be adopted, we find out that Sofia had torn them and thrown them away.

Now we have to wait until January to find out what happens. Seriously, with all that is going on in Hollywood and with the tragic death of Robin Williams, I would hope the writers use something other than suicide attempt in the storyline.

"The Fosters" is probably in my Top Three television shows and I would hate to give it up if the writers go down this well-tread path.

How do you feel about the way the season finale ended?