Meet the Robinsons

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
akhenaten
Anniversary Edition

Post by akhenaten »

i m still holding out on buying it as i prefer my fav movies to be on region 1 or any other superior regions with greater content.as far as i checked on the casing the features r the same..but....( i like slipcovers and shiny prints) malaysian cover prints rnt glossy.
do you still wait for me Dream Giver?
Lars Vermundsberget
Collector's Edition

Post by Lars Vermundsberget »

Julian Carter wrote:Damn ... is this mistake going to force me to buy The Wild, just for the number?
I don't know if you're able to, but in this case I'll just totally disregard any number above 44.
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

I wouldn't buy it for the number Julian, but its worth buying just for the film. It's a terribly underrated film which is much better than its reputation.

Put it this way, its better than any Dreamworks CGI film (apart from Antz)
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

2099net wrote:I wouldn't buy it for the number Julian, but its worth buying just for the film. It's a terribly underrated film which is much better than its reputation.

Put it this way, its better than any Dreamworks CGI film (apart from Antz)
You know ... if I really felt safe about It would consider buying. Perhaps I will some day. Just one thing: from the trailer I've seen for it on the "Chicken Little" DVD, it appears to have very impressive visuals.
akhenaten
Anniversary Edition

Post by akhenaten »

the wild never existed.its only in ur head julian
do you still wait for me Dream Giver?
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Meet The Robinsons DVD discussion

Post by Barbossa »

In about three weeks time the 46th Disney animated feature, Meet the Robinsons, is getting its DVD release.

What will the bonus features be?

Will there be any in-store bonuses?

Will it be 2-disc or single?

:?: :?: :?:
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

It'll be a single disc containing:

* Audio Commentary with Director Stephen Anderson

* Deleted Scenes
-- Stephen Anderson Intro (0:14)
-- "Arriving in the Future" (2:59)
-- "Meeting Carl" (2:01)
-- "Bowler Hat Guy's Redemption" (1:29)

* "Inventing the Robinsons" Featurette (17:10)
* "Keep Moving Forward: Inventions That Shaped the World" Featurette (6:16)
* "Little Wonders" Music Video Performed by Rob Thomas (3:46)
* "Kids of the Future" Music Video Performed by The Jonas Brothers (3:15)
* Family Function 5,000 Family Tree Game

The Blu-Ray disc will have all that and:

* More Deleted Scenes
-- Alternate Opening (6:22)
-- "On the Rooftop" (3:10)
-- "Wilbur's Plan" (3:26)
-- "Dinner with the Robinsons" (6:21)
-- Alternate Ending (3:37)

* Bowler Hat Barrage Game

It's also been hinted that there'll be character interviews hidden as easter eggs. Even though I'm opposed to store exclusive bonus discs, I'm hoping Meet the Robinsons gets one because the film serves more content than this.
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

All I know is that it better have a trailer for the 101 Dalmatians: Platinum Edition.
Signature courtesy of blackcauldron85!!
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

I loathe that the BluRay disc has more deleted scenes. Games, whatever, I don't care, but that is just a really lame move on Disney's part.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

SpringHeelJack wrote:I loathe that the BluRay disc has more deleted scenes. Games, whatever, I don't care, but that is just a really lame move on Disney's part.
Why couldn't they just make it a 2-disc set? (regular DVD)
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I totally agree with SpringHeelJack & Barbossa- people who don't have Blu-Ray players aren't likely to purchase the Blu-Ray copy, no matter how many more extras are on the Blu-Ray version. So why bother? People with Blu-Ray players are going to buy the Blu-Ray version no matter what (I assume).

I thought that this was an excellent movie, though, and I'm excited for the little bit of extras that there are.
jediliz
Special Edition

Post by jediliz »

Barbossa wrote:
SpringHeelJack wrote:I loathe that the BluRay disc has more deleted scenes. Games, whatever, I don't care, but that is just a really lame move on Disney's part.
Why couldn't they just make it a 2-disc set? (regular DVD)

I am sure they'll probably do that in two years after everyone has already bought the single disc.

Why do they cater to Blu Ray owners with more features? I love seeing deleted scenes and such.

As for in store deals, I think bowler hat figures (with the legs and such?) would be something they off at Best Buy. Probably a pin at Target (like they did for Cars and Peter Pan).
Disney Channel died when they stopped airing movies with Haley mills (Parent Trap and Pollyanna) and fun adventure movies like Swiss Family Robinson. R.I.P. the REAL Disney Channel. Date of Death: When the shows became teenie bopperish.
potterrules93
Special Edition

Post by potterrules93 »

i personally can not wait for this dvd release. when i bought the jungle book, i received a 3 dollar off coupan so ill will be picking this up for around 13.99 at target=]
~Ryn~
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

I didn't make it to the theater to see this film, but I'm sure I will rent it when it comes to DVD. It doesn't look that great to me, and I'm not too cracked up on the CGI, but I will give it a whirl at some point. I am most looking forward to seeing lighthouse mike's early preview of this DVD, because I'm hoping it will have a trailer for 101 Dalmatians.
Signature courtesy of blackcauldron85!!
leo_brasil

DVD "Meet the Robinsons" Brazilian

Post by leo_brasil »

Take a look at some images and informations from the "Meet the Robinsons" brazilian DVD, arrived September 26th. The images are from the site Animations Fórum.

TRAILERS DE ABERTURA
- MOGLI O MENINO LOBO - EDIÇÃO PLATINUM
- ENCANTADA (legendado)
- RATATOUILLE
- MEUS AMIGOS TIGRÃO E POOH - ESPECIAL DE NATAL DOS SUPERDETETIVES

BÔNUS MATERIAL
- CENAS INÉDITAS
* INICIAR TODAS
* CHEGANDO NO FUTURO
* ENCONTRANDO CARL
* REDENÇÃO DO CARA DE CHAPÉU-COCO

- MÚSICA E MAIS
* VIDEOCLIPE: "THE LITTLE WONDERS" COM ROB THOMAS
* VIDEOCLIPE: "KIDS OF THE FUTURE" COM JONAS BROTHERS

- JOGOS E ATIVIDADES
* FAMÍLIA 5000 - JOGO DA ÁRVORE DA FAMÍLIA

- NOS BASTIDORES
* INVENTANDO A FAMÍLIA ROBINSON
* SIGA EM FRENTE: INVENÇÕES QUE MUDARAM O MUNDO
* COMENTÁRIOS EM ÁUDIO

PRÓXIMOS LANÇAMENTOS
- MOGLI O MENINO LOBO - EDIÇÃO PLATINUM
- ENCANTADA (legendado)
- RATATOUILLE
- MEUS AMIGOS TIGRÃO E POOH - ESPECIAL DE NATAL DOS SUPERDETETIVES
- A CASA DO MICKEY - ESPECIAL DE NATAL
- AS PRINCESAS DISNEY - SIGA SEUS SONHOS
- DISNEY CHANNEL

MENUS INTERATIVOS
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

CAPAS E ENCARTES
CAPA DO DVD

ENCARTE DO DVD
Image Image

DISCO
lighthousemike
Gold Classic Collection

Meet The Robinsons DVD Preview

Post by lighthousemike »

OK i recived today the Meet The Robinsons DVD, and was hoping for a 101 Dalmatians, thats is not in the cards i guess.

Here is the DVD Preview

Last edited by lighthousemike on Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Thanks for the heads up, Mike. This is getting weirder and weirder. Normally we get a trailer AND at least a rough mock-up of the cover about six months before a Platinum release. Here we are five months away with no artwork, and the Disney title coming at the very end of the month still shows no trailer for Dalmatians. That means the earliest we may see one is next month with Ratatouille's DVD, which is cutting it kind of close. I heard Lowry Digital was having problems restoring the film because of its sketchy xerox style, but they did fine with The Jungle Book, so that can't be what's delaying any news.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to your preview for Meet the Robinsons. It's easily one of my favorite films of the year, and even though I saw it in theaters twice, I'm eager to see it again soon.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

:) Thanks for sharing, lighthousemike! I love the menu screens! I, too, am excited to see this again- I loved it!

As Alice would say, it's curiouser and curiouser about the lack of "101 Dalmatians" info. Surely it'll be coming out, though, since it's the next Platinum Release- they wouldn't change that less than half a year away. But Disney doesn't make sense- they advertise a 2-disc "The Aristocats" set over a year before it comes out, and they don't advertise "101 Dalmatians" less than half a year before it comes out. :roll:

I do wish that there were more bonus features on MTR, but I'm sure I'll be happy with what's on the disc.
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

Thanks lighthouse mike for the early preview of "Meet the Robinsons". Like you and Disneykid, I am very disappointed to see NOTHING about 101 Dalmatians on this release. In fact, I am a little nervous. As Disneykid said, usually by now we have both a trailer and a preliminary look at the cover art, and thus far we have nothing. I also noticed that the Jungle Book's booklet said "Spring 2008" and "Fall 2008" when they usually say "February/March 200x" or "October 200x" So perhaps we won't be getting next years Platinum Edition as early in the spring as we are used to?? I don't know. Hopefully there will be some indication on the "Ratatouille" dvd next month. I AM SO ANXIOUS!
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

Thanks for posting lighthousemike! I am really excited for this to come out on DVD. I can't believe they added a Sound Effects track! As a (maybe) future foley artist, it is something that will interest me. :)