Meet the Robinsons

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

The sound-effects-only track is a very welcome surprise. I would've preferred an isolated musical score track, but either one is great. The menus look nice as well; very classy (Well, about as classy as talking frogs and dinosaurs under disco balls can be, I guess.). I never got to go see this when it was in theaters, so I'm quite anxious to see it, sicne I've heard mostly good words about the film.

Thanks so much for the preview, Mike. They're always fun to see.

As for those of you worrying about 101 Dalmatians' release, I wouldn't panic just yet. Yes, this is pretty late for Disney, especially considering that this is a platinum title, but I'm sure we'll get a press release soon. Now, if it gets to be about late November/early December and we still haven't heard anything, then it'll be safe to assume something's wrong, but until then, I don't see any point in useless worrying. If you want something to do until then, just pop in your old VHS of the movie and count every single black spot on the dalmatians until we get news. :P

Meet the Robinsons comes out on my birthday. I can't wait!
- John
potterrules93
Special Edition

Post by potterrules93 »

thanks mike! i have one question for you, how is it that you get the movies earlier then everyone else? cause i would love to join whatever you did..lol
~Ryn~
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

They aren't including a short with this one? Didn't Boat Builders play with it at the theater?
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

Thanks,Mike!

I'm curious,too...it HAS to be with Ratatouille!
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Re: Meet The Robinsons DVD Preview

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Thank,lighthousemike :D.
Can you post the Cinderella II Special Edition trailer? thanks if you do :D.
If not in here then it must be in the Ratatouille DVD :D.
Hogi Bear
Special Edition
Location: New Zealand - Population: 60+ Million Sheep Origin: Unknown

Post by Hogi Bear »

I bought my copy of Meet the Robinsons last Thursday (4th). I hadn't seen it it before I bought it, so I was considering whether or not I should rent it first. But I had heard it was quite good (through this site and work mates) and I enjoyed the trailers. Glad I did anyway, really enjoyed it.

The Australasian version doesn't have that much on it (though I haven't watched everything).

- One commentary by the director
- Two music videos - Little Wonders and Kids of the Future
- Deleted Scenes
- Inventing the Robinsons
- Inventions that shaped the World
- Family Function 5000 Game, which is a family tree game
- and FastPlay

I was surprised to see two studio logo videos at the start of the movie (the new general one that is (wish upon a star)).

The short that came before the movie in cinemas I don't believe is included, which is unfortunate.

Five out five stars for me anyway!
No signature needed - Kyoto Animation put out some beautiful animation
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Hogi Bear wrote:The short that came before the movie in cinemas I don't believe is included, which is unfortunate.
Are they still putting shorts with animated features? I was hoping there would be a short with Robinsons and I was hoping to see one on Jungle Book, but there was nothing.
reyquila
Anniversary Edition

Post by reyquila »

I'm buying!!!! Ohhh yeahhh!!!!
WDW Trips: 1992,1997,2005,2006, 2007, 2008, 2009-10 (Disney's Port Orleans-Riverside), 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018 and 2022.
Disneyland Trips: 2008 (Disneyland Hotel) and 2016
Disney Cruises: 2007, 2010 (Wonder) and 2012 (Dream).
My Disney Movies http://connect.collectorz.com/users/peluche/movies/view
potterrules93
Special Edition

Post by potterrules93 »

maybe shorts will no longer be on disney dvds and they will only release the pixar animated short collections. it would make sense and provide more space for a longer documentary=] lol
~Ryn~
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

I'm buying this as well on DVD because i do not have a blue ray player so what's the point lol. :D
jediliz
Special Edition

Post by jediliz »

any clue what freebies or deals will be available next week with the purchase of the DVD? I might still be at my sister's house on Tuesday morning, and I told her I'll need to stop at Target to get Meet the Robinsons dvd.
Disney Channel died when they stopped airing movies with Haley mills (Parent Trap and Pollyanna) and fun adventure movies like Swiss Family Robinson. R.I.P. the REAL Disney Channel. Date of Death: When the shows became teenie bopperish.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

jediliz wrote:any clue what freebies or deals will be available next week with the purchase of the DVD? I might still be at my sister's house on Tuesday morning, and I told her I'll need to stop at Target to get Meet the Robinsons dvd.
I don't know but I'll check some of the Canadian websites to see what places like Wal mart and Future Shop have. But don't bother coming up here to pick up a copy, you guys in the US can get the DVDs for substantially cheaper. Even though our dollar is up, we are getting ripped on things such as the prices of DVDs. I paid over $20 for Jungle Book.
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

Wal Mart is offering 50 bonus points,in addition to the 100,for Disney Movie Rewards.
jediliz
Special Edition

Post by jediliz »

well, with the $3 off coupon that came on my Jungle Book DVD at Target and two $5 Gift cards for Target, I can get the DVD pretty cheap, so I hope the freebie at Target will be good and not "you have to purchase MTR and another DVD to get the freebie" type thing like you had to with JB.

I'm hoping for some sort of Pin at least. But if Best Buy has a better deal, I'll try to use the coupon there. (I hope that Best Buy's deal would be a Lithograph like with Pixar Incredibles & non disney movie Polar Express).
Disney Channel died when they stopped airing movies with Haley mills (Parent Trap and Pollyanna) and fun adventure movies like Swiss Family Robinson. R.I.P. the REAL Disney Channel. Date of Death: When the shows became teenie bopperish.
gurgi

Meet the Robinsons PROMO-ITEMS ???

Post by gurgi »

Hi there !

Does anybody know of interesting promo-items to commemorate the DVD-release of "Meet the Robinsons" ? WALMART ??? BEST BUY ??? TARGET ??? DISNEY STORE ???

Please post your info here.

THANKS !!!
Bart
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Meet the Robinsons discussion here: http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=21140
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by jrboy »

Best Buy
dvd - 14.99
blu-ray - 22.49
They will also having an exclusive free 30 day acess to Toontown Online.
Also they will be have a 25% off sale on over 150 dvds, cds, & more.... in-store & online (Cinderella, The Little Mermaid, The Jungle Book, & Peter Pan dvds are not part of this sale).....Deal......Talespin vol 1 for 14.99
jediliz
Special Edition

Post by jediliz »

while Best Buy has a GREAT Price, I can just cross my fingers and hope that Target has the movie for $15.99. $10 in gift cards + $3 off coupon = Great Deal. I just hope they have a good freebie. Even a little magnet or bookmark or something like that would be fine. Target is right near my sister's house where I'll be on Tuesday.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I am probably going to rent this on Tuesday. I hope it will be better than Chicken Little.
TM2-Megatron
Anniversary Edition

Post by TM2-Megatron »

PixarFan2006 wrote:I am probably going to rent this on Tuesday. I hope it will be better than Chicken Little.
No worries there. Personally, I felt Meet the Robinsons outperformed pretty much every Disney theatrical feature made in at least the last decade (leaving out Fantasia 2000, as you can't really compare that to a plot-driven movie).

It's no more a traditional Disney film than the titular clan could be considered a traditional family, however I think the company made a great choice in trying something new for this movie. It has a genuinely cute and touching story, great animation along with an interesting futuristic art deco direction for scenes set in 2037, a very likeable main character (boy genius characters can often be incredibly annoying... Wesley Crusher, for example), a somewhat sympathetic and comical anti-hero and a truly disturbed and disturbing (though somewhat non-traditional) villain. The score, though not Elfman's best, suits the film well, and does have its highlights. The two "pop" songs used during montage sequences also fit in pretty well, and don't come off as irritating the way these sometimes can.

The comedy style is kind of like a mix of Airplane!, Back to the Future with some pretty random non-gross-out Family Guy thrown in. Refreshingly, it doesn't resort to stupid pop-culture jokes that will end up [badly] dating so many CG films that are being made these days. The jokes in MtR will be as funny 30 year from now (when a great deal of the film's action takes place) as they are today, which is also a staple of a quality Disney feature. Now let's just hope the real 2037 will be as colorful and bright as this movie predicts. :D

The only other Disney movies made post-1994 that I've particularly enjoyed were Hercules, Tarzan and Lilo & Stitch... but none of them as much as MtR. It's the closest Disney has come in approaching what Pixar manages to do, and personally I enoyed MtR alot more than Cars, which was my least favourite Pixar film to date.

The only shame is that you won't be able to see it in 3-D, as it was presented in theatres. That was probably the first time I'd been truly impressed by a 3-D presentation, where it didn't just feel like some cheap gimmick thrown in to attract crowds. Personally, I think that kind of presentation could be the future of theatrical movies. You need something to attract people away from their obscene 100" TVs, right... kind of similar to the introduction of widescreen in the 50s.