DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 508 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Disney On Parade
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:22 pm 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:23 pm
Posts: 2017
Location: Pacific city, Oregon
Look out...Look out... Disneys on parade... here they come, dazzling, gleamy.. Disney on parade.. :pink:

March is chalk full of Disney dvds, Peter Pan, Aristocats, blue rays. I hope Disney planning a good year for dvd sales. I'm planning on doing a trailer for Aristocats, can anybody suggest a few songs please? much appericated.

write back please

sign Mason

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:43 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:40 am
Posts: 6629
Location: The Incredibles LA!!!
Why did The Aristocats get a two disc treatment when Hercules (10th Anniversary this year) and The Hunchback of Norte Dame (didn't get one last year for its 10 Anniversary) should have gotten a 2 disc treatment not Aristocats. Yeah, I agree both Robin Hood and The Fox and the Hound should have gotten a 2 disc treatment as well since Disney probably has tons of material on both of these movies and interview from the animated cast. This makes me mad and sad at the same time. :x :cry:

_________________
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:51 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:49 pm
Posts: 804
Location: Los Angeles, California
Not to mention Dumbo a far more deserving film should have gotten a two disc set. But hey, what can we do. Good news for hardcore Aristocat's fans.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:53 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:38 am
Posts: 2262
Location: The Gator Nation!
While I agree that releases such as Dumbo, Robin Hood, and The Fox and the Hound ALL should have gotten 2-disc treatment, especially knowing now that the Aristocats is getting 2-disc treatment - keep in mind guys that this is AWESOME news! What's done is done and unfortunately some of last years DVD releases were a little bare boned, a 2-disc release of The Aristocats should be making Disney fans happy rather than angry. Who knows, maybe this is a first indication that Disney will not be putting out anymore skimpy one disc releases!!

By the way - I can't WAIT to see cover art!!

_________________
Image
Signature courtesy of blackcauldron85!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:55 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:03 am
Posts: 1118
Well this certaintly is a shocker! I figured it would be a re-released soon but not as a 2-discer.

All I can say is that Im glad I didnt buy the gold collection...but why why a 2-disc set for the Aristocats? I like the Aristocats but I think Robin Hood and The Fox and the Hound were more worthy of a 2-disc set. I would have thought it woulda been a single disc since it's not that popular...Anyways heres hoping that Hercules and Hunchback will come in 2 disc sets...

I have a feeling that all the Gold Collections will be replaced by new editions by the end of 2008 or 2009. Or whenever the Platinum Line ends.

_________________
<img src="http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c312/ruizjeremy88/Disney-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:57 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:52 pm
Posts: 1685
Location: United Kingdom
Simba3 wrote:
While I agree that releases such as Dumbo, Robin Hood, and The Fox and the Hound ALL should have gotten 2-disc treatment, especially knowing now that the Aristocats is getting 2-disc treatment - keep in mind guys that this is AWESOME news! What's done is done and unfortunately some of last years DVD releases were a little bare boned, a 2-disc release of The Aristocats should be making Disney fans happy rather than angry. Who knows, maybe this is a first indication that Disney will not be putting out anymore skimpy one disc releases!!

By the way - I can't WAIT to see cover art!!


my million dollars? :wink:

and to everyone in this thread, ChoicesUK has a page up for a 2-Disc Dumbo in May, it's for the UK but you get what I mean


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:10 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition

Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:44 am
Posts: 6154
Location: Michigan
This announcement was a shocker for me as well. I have never really seen the Aristocats all the way through so I do not know if I really want the DVD or not. I do own it on video though.

_________________
My Blu-Ray Collection


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:11 pm 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:44 pm
Posts: 389
A TWO DISC DVD??????!!!!!! :D :D :D :D:pink::pink::pink::pink:

AAAWWWEEESSSOOOMMMEEE!!!!!!!! This movie deserves it! You guys must be crazy to think it doesn't deserve it! I think we can all agree that this film has a lot of music and history behind it in terms of the studio.

But somehow, this is bittersweet. I'm kind of - no - I AM upset that The Fox and the Hound, Dumbo, and Robin Hood didn't get a two disc release. Oh well, what's done is done. Let's at least be thankful they were all even RE-released, right?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:36 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:17 pm
Posts: 6509
Well... I am surprised.... Maybe this means future DAC will get the 2-disc treatment that they deserve.... and most of all there is no Tacky name edition... I am also weary about how disney advertised Tarzan as a 2-disc but that turned out it was a one disc... I am hoping that this is for real and not a mistake...... I also agree that Lilo & Stitch and Hunchback and Hercules need a rerealease preferebly a 2-disc and no tacky name edition such as Lilo & Stitch: The Ohana edition

_________________
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Disney On Parade
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:54 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:52 pm
Posts: 1685
Location: United Kingdom
Mason_Ireton wrote:
Look out...Look out... Disneys on parade... here they come, dazzling, gleamy.. Disney on parade.. :pink:

March is chalk full of Disney dvds, Peter Pan, Aristocats, blue rays. I hope Disney planning a good year for dvd sales. I'm planning on doing a trailer for Aristocats, can anybody suggest a few songs please? much appericated.

write back please

sign Mason


Everybody, Everybody, Everybody wants to be a Cat :P

and heres the apparent Dumbo 2-Disc for the UK if you want to see http://www.choicesuk.com/Product.aspx/!686567


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:29 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:02 pm
Posts: 12205
Location: Somewhere in Time and Space
Regarding the canceled Aristocats II:

Albert Gutierrez Interviews Jim Kammerud wrote:
Albert: Last May, there was a listing on Internet Movie Database for The Aristocats 2 with you attached to direct. It has since disappeared. Was that really going to happen?

Jim:I was working on that movie. I think it's not going to happen now. It was caught up in the transition in the studio, from 2-D to 3-D.

Albert:What would that film have been about had it been produced?

Jim:It was kind of Marie's story, a caper on a cruise ship. I really liked what we were doing, but I don't know if we should talk about it. (Laughs) But it was really great, maybe someday it will see the light of day.


Complete Article

Escapay

_________________
WIST #56:
Aaron: With Mary Poppins and Pete's Dragon on Blu-ray, Bedknobs & Broomsticks seems like a given. Come on, Disney! They could even call it the Naboom-Blu Edition!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:45 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:38 am
Posts: 2262
Location: The Gator Nation!
yamiiguy wrote:
Simba3 wrote:
While I agree that releases such as Dumbo, Robin Hood, and The Fox and the Hound ALL should have gotten 2-disc treatment, especially knowing now that the Aristocats is getting 2-disc treatment - keep in mind guys that this is AWESOME news! What's done is done and unfortunately some of last years DVD releases were a little bare boned, a 2-disc release of The Aristocats should be making Disney fans happy rather than angry. Who knows, maybe this is a first indication that Disney will not be putting out anymore skimpy one disc releases!!

By the way - I can't WAIT to see cover art!!


my million dollars? :wink:

Yes yamiiguy I guess I do owe you a million dollars, but you might be waiting a while :wink:

_________________
Image
Signature courtesy of blackcauldron85!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:30 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:58 pm
Posts: 1378
Location: On The Forums... Duh!
I read this on the main site and absolutely had to drag my nerdy self out of lurking. Happy new year, everybody! :P

This is great, if not shocking, news. I'm in the same boat as everybody that thinks that this movie shouldn't be first on Disney's list of "movies that should be 2-discers", but I'll take what I can get. You've gotta wonder, though, what will it have to warrant two discs? We can pretty much assume that the trailers won't appear, unless everybody from Disney's marketing department caught some sort of intelligence-giving disease (which could be the case, since they're actually giving this movie two-disc treatment in the first place). This film was pretty significant history-wise, since it was technically the last animated movie Walt had anything to do with, so maybe they'll get Leonard Maltin or John Canemaker to sit down for a commentary, or at least a retrospective featurette. I think a Platinum-Edition-quality making-of featurette is stretching it, but if they add anything of substance that's at least 20 minutes long, I'll be happy. I'm still happy Disney's giving a non-platinum movie 2-disc treatment again, so let's hope that Disney's cancelled their "don't-make-re-releases-upgrades" policy that they've been living by since late 2005.

*Looks at the re-releases of Dumbo, Tarzan, TF&tH, and Robin Hood sitting on his shelf*

Ah, what could have been...

_________________
- John
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:41 am 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:08 am
Posts: 418
Location: Florida, USA
As for the re-release of the Aristocats, I was shocked in three words: holy freakin' crap! :o

I would've thought the Aristocats will get a 1-Disc treatment just like the re-release Robin Hood, The Fox and the Hound, and Dumbo but 2-Disc? That makes me wonder what would the contents in the second disc be? :scratch:

Well, I'm happy for the fans of this film (especially for cat lovers, like me) and since I don't have the CG version of it I'll be getting it. :)

_________________
My DeviantArt Page :)
My DVD Collection :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:49 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 10498
Location: USA
RyougaLolakie wrote:
As for the re-release of the Aristocats, I was shocked in three words: holy freakin' crap! :o

I would've thought the Aristocats will get a 1-Disc treatment just like the re-release Robin Hood, The Fox and the Hound, and Dumbo but 2-Disc? That makes me wonder what would the contents in the second disc be? :scratch:

Well, I'm happy for the fans of this film (especially for cat lovers, like me) and since I don't have the CG version of it I'll be getting it. :)


:lol: You mean GC, as in Gold Collection, not CG, as in computer generated...I first read that and was confused...they never made a CG version...but after a second, I realized what you meant. That was really funny this early in the morning!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:12 am 
Offline
Gold Collection
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:47 pm
Posts: 116
Location: Portugal
Unfortunatelly, I'm betting that here in Portugal "the Aristocats" special edition will be a 1 disk issue.

Even "the Little Mermaid" and "Cinderella" didn't have 2 disks, that's why I don't have very much hope...
:cry:

_________________
Image
They took us to a magical journey under the sea, they show us how a beautiful girl can look into a heart of a beast, they even made us fly on a magic carpet...
Someday the magic will return!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:09 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:30 pm
Posts: 4964
Location: Ohio, United States of America
I wonder what the specs will be for this. It's kind of bothering me wether or not we will be recieving the 1.33 ratio or a matted version. Nonetheless, I will be picking this up near the 27th.

_________________
Image

The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:22 pm 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:08 am
Posts: 418
Location: Florida, USA
blackcauldron85 wrote:
RyougaLolakie wrote:
As for the re-release of the Aristocats, I was shocked in three words: holy freakin' crap! :o

I would've thought the Aristocats will get a 1-Disc treatment just like the re-release Robin Hood, The Fox and the Hound, and Dumbo but 2-Disc? That makes me wonder what would the contents in the second disc be? :scratch:

Well, I'm happy for the fans of this film (especially for cat lovers, like me) and since I don't have the CG version of it I'll be getting it. :)


:lol: You mean GC, as in Gold Collection, not CG, as in computer generated...I first read that and was confused...they never made a CG version...but after a second, I realized what you meant. That was really funny this early in the morning!


Yes, GC not CG. Gosh, what was I thinking? :oops:

This is the second time I said CG as a typo. I hate making typos, especially when it nighttime. Oh well, what's done is done. :P :wink: :shifty:

_________________
My DeviantArt Page :)
My DVD Collection :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:38 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:07 am
Posts: 1187
Location: Maine
Boy, Aristocats actually has enough bonus material for a second disc. I hope it's not too shabby.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:39 pm 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:44 pm
Posts: 389
TheSequelofDisney wrote:
I wonder what the specs will be for this. It's kind of bothering me wether or not we will be recieving the 1.33 ratio or a matted version. Nonetheless, I will be picking this up near the 27th.


It's highly possible that this film is going to be matted into a 1.75:1 Widescreen ratio. The film was created with space at the top and bottom that was ABSOLUTELY NEVER meant to be seen. The intention was to crop the film into widescreen, cutting off that space that was never meant to be seen.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 508 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google Adsense [Bot], lord-of-sith, taei and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group