Reliable source reveals Ty Inc to make Disney Beanie Babies

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Reliable source reveals Ty Inc to make Disney Beanie Babies

Post by disneyboy20022 »

A reliable source shares information about discussions held during a recent Ty National Representative meeting held this year. Regular Bean Watcher readers know that Ty has sold several licensed beanies in the past two years. Some of these styles include, but are not limited to, the following beanies:

Barbaro the 2006 Kentucky Derby Winner
Beatrix Potter-themed (Mr. Tod, Jemima Puddle-duck, Peter Rabbit, etc.)
Blue's Clues-themed (Blue, Magenta, Periwinkle)
Dora the Explorer-themed (Dora, Dora del Tenis, Dora-China, etc.)
Garfield-themed (Garfiled, Pooky, His Majesty, etc.)
Hershey's Kisses-themed (Cocoa Butter, Hugsy, Kisses)
Spongebob-themed (Spongebob Squarepants, Patrick Star, Gary, etc.)
The Backyardigans-themed (Austin, Pablo, Tasha, Tyrone, Uniqua)

According to the source, Ty Inc. representatives are exploring other ideas for licensed products. At the aforementioned meeting, there were discussions (repeat, discussions, not definite plans) to offer National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (aka NASCAR) - themed products.

The source also states that Ty, Inc. is "in talks" with The Walt Disney Company to introduce Disney-themed plush toys. Apparently, the Disney Company is considering a plan to contract out the manufacturing of its plush line of toys for tax-savings purposes. Whether or not these talks will lead to a signed contract between the two companies is not known. But IF a contact is a signed, you can expect to see more exciting styles. We'll just have to wait and see what the future holds....
Any thoughts?? Also did any of you know that Beanie Babies still existed. :P :P

http://www.beanwatcher.com/
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Finchx0rz
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Finchx0rz »

Beanie Babies...oy vey. I know they're still around, but I'm still burned out from the craze of '97 and haven't bought one in a long time. The decision to manufacture Disney beanies doesn't interest me at all. (And it still bothers me that after all these years, Oak Brook (my hometown!) is still misspelled as "Oakbrook" on the swing tags.)
<a href="http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com/" target="_blank">Got a question? Ask Google first.</a>
NarniaDis
Special Edition

Post by NarniaDis »

I knew they were still around - because I collect them... :lol:
Im a riding on cloud Nine.
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

Oh! I love those. And I love Disney. My only conclusion is that this is an idea I love. :)
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
wrestling_stat
Gold Classic Collection

Post by wrestling_stat »

I knew they were still around but you haven't really heard anything about them anymore.
Finchx0rz wrote:Beanie Babies...oy vey. I know they're still around, but I'm still burned out from the craze of '97 and haven't bought one in a long time. The decision to manufacture Disney beanies doesn't interest me at all. (And it still bothers me that after all these years, Oak Brook (my hometown!) is still misspelled as "Oakbrook" on the swing tags.)
What do you mean by your hometown was mispelled? On a tag of one of the beanie babies?
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

The wording of that worries me... does that mean Disney's current plush production would stop and they would take the form of beanie babies? I've just recently begun collecting Disney plushes, so I'll be upset if they are substituted with beanie babies.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

I like the beanie babies, but I wouldn't want ONLY beanie babies and no normal Disney plushies. It'd be great for collectors to collect a Disney series of plushes, but you can't make every character into a beanie. I guess Thumer'd look weird as a beanie, since the bunny shape, I think, is kind of hard to sew when you're making a beanie.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

This sounds like a pretty neat idea. Unfortunately I have not collected beanies for a while.
Andy
Special Edition

Post by Andy »

Well i doubt it would mean every plush/soft toy would turn into a beanie. TY do create normal soft toys (well they do here in the UK). I think it would mean they would take over and make the current ones as well as new ones with new styles etc
hiiiii
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

I would deffinatley start collecting again if Disney beanies were introduced.
Finchx0rz
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Finchx0rz »

wrestling_stat wrote:
What do you mean by your hometown was mispelled? On a tag of one of the beanie babies?
Oak Brook, Illinois is Ty Inc. headquarters and the suburb I grew up in. "Oakbrook" is printed on most of the regular swingtags and/or the tushie tags. "Oak Brook" (two words, both capitalized) is the correct and legal spelling.
<a href="http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com/" target="_blank">Got a question? Ask Google first.</a>
jediliz
Special Edition

Post by jediliz »

if they made one of Lady from
'Lady and the Tramp" then I would buy that. As long as they were sold in stores other than the Disney Store (which the closest one is an hour away).
Disney Channel died when they stopped airing movies with Haley mills (Parent Trap and Pollyanna) and fun adventure movies like Swiss Family Robinson. R.I.P. the REAL Disney Channel. Date of Death: When the shows became teenie bopperish.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

I haven't Collected Beanie Babies for over 5 years, but if Disney Beanies are introduced I'll probably start collecting again. (As long as they're better than the Disney Bean Bags from the 90's. Those things were fugly).
wrestling_stat
Gold Classic Collection

Post by wrestling_stat »

Finchx0rz wrote:
wrestling_stat wrote:
Oak Brook, Illinois is Ty Inc. headquarters and the suburb I grew up in. "Oakbrook" is printed on most of the regular swingtags and/or the tushie tags. "Oak Brook" (two words, both capitalized) is the correct and legal spelling.
Ok. Now I'll have to go and look at my beanie bags to see what it says. LOL.
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

Ahhh don't tell me this. I used to collect the ones from the Disney Store and now Ty versions might get me enticed again!

I have them sitting in a box, but some of them are here at school and I used a few for a Halloween display in our campus center. It was rather adorable! Wait I have a picture...found it!

<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>