DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1064 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 54  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:32 pm 
Gold Collection

Here's an intersting article, entitled, "A Tale of Two Tinker Bells".

http://www.o-meon.com/pages/news%26feat ... -22-07.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:25 pm 
Special Edition

I think it would have been better for there to be a 'Tinkerbell' franchise in the form of shorts. They would have allowed her to keep her silence and can afford to be more innovative art-wise than films, particularly DTV films.

That said, it is great that they are trying to improve it (even though, in all honesty, I sha'n't be buying it :lol: ). John Lasseter seems to be improving standards at Disney.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:37 pm 
Limited Edition

Let's hope if "Tinkerbell" will have a DVD release starting in the Fall of next year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:06 pm 
Collector's Edition

I don't know if this is the right thread but I couldn't find anything else related to the Tinker Bell movie. Anyway, I bought "Peter Pan- 2-Disc Platinum Edition" today and saw the Tinker Bell Movie trailer so I thought some of you might be interested in taking a look at some screencaps.
There you go:

Last edited by Aladdin from Agrabah on Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:15 pm 
Special Edition

THIS IS HORRIBLE; POOR TINKERBELL¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:22 pm 
Limited Edition

I am floored. Aladdin, thank you so much! How did you get your copy so fast?

The screenshots look great. I am more and more impressed with this movie. It almost looks theatre-quality. I'm glad we finally get to see more of the actual movie.

Can't wait for Peter Pan!!!
Any other new info on the DVD? Do you think you could scan the artwork? Much appreciated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:24 pm 

I really don't know what to think...

Some pic look ok (5 and 6), but others are really cheap and barbie-like. Maybe if they overwork it, it could become really good.

"To Die Would Be An Awfully Big Adventure"

"I Do Believe In Fairies"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:39 pm 
Collector's Edition

numba1lostboy wrote:
I am floored. Aladdin, thank you so much! How did you get your copy so fast?

The screenshots look great. I am more and more impressed with this movie. It almost looks theatre-quality. I'm glad we finally get to see more of the actual movie.

Can't wait for Peter Pan!!!
Any other new info on the DVD? Do you think you could scan the artwork? Much appreciated!

You are welcome! :) In Greece, "Peter Pan: 2-Disc Platinum Edition" is out since the 15th of February. Considering this, I bought it quite late! :D
I would like to say more about the dvd but I didn't have the time to see everything, I only watched the movie once and saw the Tinker Bell trailer. I will say more about it when I get to see everything- but not here, in the Peter Pan thread. Unfortunately I can't scan anything since I don't actually have a scanner. But I don't think you would like to have a scan of the greek cover where the "Peter Pan" logo differs and looks like this:
I'm so glad you liked the screencaps!

Last edited by Aladdin from Agrabah on Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:41 pm 
Special Edition

Luckily for me, I did not see any Barbie movies so I can not say if it looks like it or not ;) But I am impressed by the quality of the visual. I am not really a Tinker Bell fan (although maybe that will change when I watch Peter Pan again next week!) but I will most certainly give this a look.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:21 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Wow! Thank you so much Al From Ag! You are lucky to get the DVD so early.

The pictures look wonderful; much better than I would have thought!

Could I trouble you to ask as to what the storyline was? And what they sounded like, the music etc??? That would be so wonderful if you could!

I agree, the Queen looks beautiful :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:59 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Thanks a lot!!! IMO the screencaps are really gorgeous!!! And the queen looks beautiful. Tink could still need some more "on-modelness", but I really like it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:36 pm 
Collector's Edition

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:
Could I trouble you to ask as to what the storyline was? And what they sounded like, the music etc??? That would be so wonderful if you could!

No trouble at all, it would be my pleasure! :)
The sneak peek only had a narrator and some music (but not songs). That means we're not gonna find out through that trailer what a speaking Tinker Bell sounds-and looks- like. The music is only instrumental- nothing special, it sounds just like any other music score for a movie trailer.
As for the storyline, the narrator says: "Welcome to Pixie Hollow, a place no mortal has ever entered... until now!"
Then, she continues with an introduction of some of Tinker Bell's fairy friends such as "Iridessa, sparkling light fairy, Rosetta, the beautiful garden fairy" and some more. She also informs us that Fairies have a queen, Clarion. Each fairy's mission is "to become wing maiden and spread imagination to the children of the world, using pixie dust". The narrator goes on to let us know that "something is dreadfully wrong; something that threatens the very existence of Pixie Hollow. Now, only Tinker Bell can save the world of fantasy. She must find the true magic of pixie dust!" and then she says that pixie dust is very real...if you believe.
As a conclusion, the narrator says: "Help Tinker Bell unlock the secrets of Pixie Hollow!".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:39 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Aladdin from Agrabah wrote:
atlanticaunderthesea wrote:

No trouble at all, it would be my pleasure! :)
The sneak peek only had a narrator and some music (but not songs). That means we're not gonna find out through that trailer what a speaking Tinker Bell sounds-and looks- like. The music is only instrumental- nothing special, it sounds just like any other music score for a movie trailer.
As for the storyline, the narrator says: "Welcome to Pixie Hollow, a place no mortal has ever entered... until now!"
Then, she continues with an introduction of some of Tinker Bell's fairy friends such as "Iridessa, sparkling light fairy, Rosetta, the beautiful garden fairy" and some more. She also informs us that Fairies have a queen, Clarion. Each fairy's mission is "to become wing maiden and spread imagination to the children of the world, using pixie dust". The narrator goes on to let us know that "something is dreadfully wrong; something that threatens the very existence of Pixie Hollow. Now, only Tinker Bell can save the world of fantasy. She must find the true magic of pixie dust!" and then she says that pixie dust is very real...if you believe.
As a conclusion, the narrator says: "Help Tinker Bell unlock the secrets of Pixie Hollow!".

Thank you so much for telling us what happens! Very clever of Disney not to include any voices, in case they change etc! The story sounds very intresting and exciting!

I'm looking forward to this more than ever!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:17 pm 
Collector's Edition

You're welcome atlanticaunderthesea! Yeah, it sounds really interesting and it really was clever that they didn't use any voices but since Tinker Bell is officially Britany Murphy, I don't see why we couldn't hear her speak in the trailer. Anyway, I'm looking foward to this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:38 pm 
Platinum Edition

I am going to agree with you...... It looks like the same animation of Barbie FairyTopia...... I have not seen the movie of Barbie CGI Fairytopia but I have seen the commercials for it and I must say if you look at screen caps of that Barbie Movie you will see there is a for sure similairaty about the 2 movies..........

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:15 am 
Special Edition

AW!!! i love the screenshots!!! tink looks sooooooo beautiful!!!! i am going to be lame and go do my makeup like hers in the pic where shes looking upwards!!! soooooooo CUTE :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:21 am 
Special Edition

was there anything on tlm3? on it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:24 am 
Collector's Edition

I updated my previous post with some new pictures from the sneak peek.
amazon980, no there was nothing on tlm3 on it but this is a greek release. Maybe the US or the UK release will have something on it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:26 pm 
Limited Edition

Aladdin from Agrabah, I'm glad I saw your pics for the upcoming movie "Tinkerbell". I've seen it on the "Peter Pan" Platinum Edition DVD. I found three pics that are taken from the old Disney TV shows such as the "Wonderful World of Color" and the "Wonderful World of Disney". If you love Tinkerbell. Take a look at these pics. See what it looked like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:28 pm 
Gold Collection

Personally, I think that the CGI of Tinkerbell and Pixie Hollow or Haven or whatever its called looks gorgeous. I think I might rent this when it comes out. I'm not the biggest Tink fan so I don't think I would buy it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1064 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 54  Next