"Heroes" Discussion

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Noo!!! I didnt get to watch it!! I moved and I have no t.v. yet! :cry: and I also have to wait for the DSL people to come so I can see it online cause right now I'm stuck using dial-up. :evil:

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

Great episode on Monday! They really kept you wondering what would happen next! I kept thinking Peter was going to fly off the balcony in front of the reporter! Loved the scenes with the car accident and Claire and her brother! I'm probably forgetting some stuff, but it was really an all around great episode!
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

My parents were shocked to find out Micah had powers. I wasn't surprised for two reasons:

1. Both Niki and D.L. have powers, and though some might argue that Niki doesn't have powers per se, I'd say she does. Anyways, all those super genes had to be in that kid. :P

2. This past week's Entertainment Weekly pretty much confirmed everything I just said. The only thing I didn't know is when it would be revealed and what his powers would be (I'd guess a technopath, like that biotch from Sky High ;) ).

All in all, another great episode.

Cheers,
JM :thumb:
Cheers,
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

I think today's episode was among the best so far! Loved it! Of course, I really love Jayma Mays (from "Red Eye"). She is just too gorgeous and adorable! I was freaked out at the thought that they had killed her off, but then I realized Hiro would go back in time to change that! Wonder why he isn't back!
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

I dont know. I didnt like tonights episode too much. Although it appears that Eden has powers. Thats what I think anyway. I felt soooo bad when it showed the waitress die. I honestly dont care about Mohinder at all. Id be perfectly happy if it never showed him again, although it would never happen. I just dont like that character. And was it just me or did you guys catch Niki in leather with a machine gun in the preview for next weeks episode?! That was awesome! ha! And OH GOD!! Isaac looked HORRIBLE after he shaved!! Ech!

Oh well. So supposedly next week we finally see how the "Save the cheerleader, save the world" thing turns out.

"I'm SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!" :D lol

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Ha, I don't care much for Mohinder's character either. I liked this one because it focused on the cop, Hiro, Jayma Mays, ha, and the cheerleader a little. Also, I felt they needed to do more with the artist and serial killer, which tonight's did. I might be forgetting something. They also made me more curious about what the deal is with the cheerleader's father. Plus, I'm glad this one wasn't so much about Nikki, whose "power" isn't as fascinating to me as the others. But, you're right, they did a lot of Mohinder this week, and I also wouldn't mind if he wasn't on the show at all, but he is obviously meant to be pretty important...
Fidget1234
Special Edition

Post by Fidget1234 »

i missed the most recent episode...my dish reciever is on the plink & a new one should be coming sometime this week.

my hubby & i are trying to figure out what Micahs powers are...
he seems to have made a dead line phone work- & in the first few episodes he was working on some projects- so maybe he has the ability to manipulate/ (or whatever) technology.

I wonder if he will be behind the big BOOM in NYC- i dont think it will be that pyro guy- he was booked & sent to prison.

& his rents- i think his mom is really a 'bad guy' character...his dad DL- tho hurt Niki- went to save the people from the burning car w/ the help of Hiro.
Hiro is still my fav! I also like Claire alot too...

Save the Cheerleader, Save the World!
"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin"
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Hiro remains my fave, and, of course, I'm psyched about Jayma Mays because she's a dreamgirl of mine, though her power of super memory doesn't seem THAT superhero-esque... I suppose there will be more to her later though, assuming she survives. Not that I ever disliked her, but I think Claire is growing on me more. I guess because she was less depressing in the latest episode. Micah definitely has technology powers. Reminds me of Anakin Solo (Han and Leia's youngest kid), who had similar abilities, and someone mentioned a character from Sky High (but I haven't seen that one since I saw it at my friends' house when it was first release, gotta get it on DVD!). As for the radiation guy, I'm not yet convinced he won't be the nuclear explosion in New York. The latest episode had more about him. He's not really bad, he's just having a difficult time with his condition. Though, that does cause someone to become a villain a lot.... Still have no idea who the real villains are in this show, but that's not really a bad thing. They continually keep you guessing, but they reveal stuff too, which is pleasing as a viewer. Some shows just seem to never get anywhere and do nothing but keep you guessing till the end and beyond.
TM2-Megatron
Anniversary Edition

Post by TM2-Megatron »

Fidget1234 wrote: I wonder if he will be behind the big BOOM in NYC- i dont think it will be that pyro guy- he was booked & sent to prison.
He escaped.
numba1lostboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by numba1lostboy »

I liked this episode, too, but I didn't like how it didn't feature anything on Nikki, DL, Micah, Simone, Peter, Nathan, and so little of Claire.

Is Claire's dad good or bad?? That's my major question. In the earlier episodes, he seemed to secretly not care about his adoptive daughter...but now, he wants Isaac to save her because she's his little girl. I'm confused. And Eden, too, has me confused. And what is her power? Maybe it's getting people to open up to her...like she can make them tell her their secrets.

I cannot wait for the next episode! I really want the whole "save the cheerleader" thing to come out. What does saving Claire have to do with the explosion in NYC?

Mohinder's story is, admittedly, very, very boring. But it did gain some steam this week. The memory sequences were cool. But Who is that kid? At first, I thought it was going to turn out to be Mohinder's sister(?) who died, but that kid looked too old. The sister(?) died when she was five, right?
The Indian girl who came to talk to Mohinder gave us some backstory, too. Why did Mohinder not want to see her? What happened between them?

I feel really bad for Matt. His wife cheated, and he had to find out through his uncontrolled powers. Poor guy. I wonder what's going to happen there. Also, that b**ch of an FBI agent is really making me angry. I don't like her character and I think she is making the Syler situation worse. She doesn't understand the powers and she is refusing to understand. In this type of situation, ignorance will get you in trouble (ala X-Men).

All in all, I love this show.
For everyone's benefit, here is a list of known heroes and their powers:

Nikki- separate personality.
Micah- tele-technic.
DL- phaser.
Nathan- flight.
Peter- copycat.
Hiro- timebending.
Isaac- psychic.
Claire- invulnerability.
Matt- telepathic.
Waitress in diner (name?)- super memory.
Radiation guy (name?)- radiation.
Strange black man that hangs out with Claire's dad (name?)- memory modifier.
Eden- ?
Syler- ?
:pan: Love It.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Ha, Copycat is a good hero name for Peter. :D
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

numba1lostboy wrote:DL- phaser.
I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that the 'Strange Black Man' was D.L. Am I wrong?

Cheers,
Cheers,
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Just Myself wrote:
I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that the 'Strange Black Man' was D.L. Am I wrong?

Cheers,
yup! :D

As for Eden's powers, I think she can make people do what she wants. Isaac refused to shoot up again and then Eden whispered in his ear and he did what she wanted.

I love Siren!
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Who's the Hero?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds39500.html
Christopher Eccleston is reportedly set for a recurring role in American science fiction drama Heroes.

According to the American magazine TV Guide, the former Doctor Who star will be joining the cast of the NBC drama in January. Details of his character have yet to be released.

Heroes, currently in its first season, revolves around a group of ordinary people discovering they have extraordinary powers. Earlier this year Eccleston was rumoured to have landed the lead role in Sky One remake of classic series The Prisoner, but this has so far proved unfounded.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
numba1lostboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by numba1lostboy »

Just Myself wrote:

Cheers,
Oh really? I never made that connection...but that power (memory modification) has nothing to do with his phasing ability...wierd.
Are we sure its him?
numba1lostboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by numba1lostboy »

Nikki- Separate personality.
Micah- Tele-technic.
DL- Phaser.
Nathan- Flight.
Peter- Copycat.
Hiro- Time-bending.
Isaac- Psychic.
Claire- Invulnerability.
Matt- Telepathic.
Waitress in diner (name?)- Super memory.
Radiation guy (name?)- Radiator.
Strange black man that hangs out with Claire's dad (DL?)- Memory modifier.
Eden- Manipulator.
Syler- ?
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

numba1lostboy wrote:
Just Myself wrote:I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that the 'Strange Black Man' was D.L. Am I wrong?

Cheers,
Oh really? I never made that connection...but that power (memory modification) has nothing to do with his phasing ability...wierd.
Are we sure its him?
I could be wrong, but I never thought that was the same guy. I think the memory guy was the "Hatian" people were talking about last time.
numba1lostboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by numba1lostboy »

slave2moonlight wrote:I could be wrong, but I never thought that was the same guy. I think the memory guy was the "Hatian" people were talking about last time.
That's what I thought, too.
littlefuzzy
Anniversary Edition

Post by littlefuzzy »

I think they made a casting boo-boo...

They put two different tall bald black men who are somewhat similar in appearance in the show...

(note, this isn't a racist remark!)

They would have had the same problem with two short redheaded women... In books, writers are supposed to avoid names that are too similar, since the readers will confuse the two characters.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

littlefuzzy wrote: They would have had the same problem with two short redheaded women...
Mmm, that's a show I'd watch...