What are you reading/have you just read? Vol. 2

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
memnv
Collector's Edition

Post by memnv »

Just finished Spiderman 3
Now Iam reading Transformers-Ghostof yesterday (prequel to the movie)
and next I am reading Fantastic Four- Rise of the silver surfer
Dark Knight Rulez
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Post by Chernabog_Rocks »

I only sleep about 8 hours sometimes 7 hours a day, and daytime t.v isn't the greatest so I usually end up reading (or re-reading) a couple of books a day depending on size. Here's what I've finished recently:

- Carrie
- Cujo
- Christine
- Gospel According To Disney
- This Months Shonen Jump
- Tail of The Moon Vols 1, 2 and 3
- The Dastard (Xanth Novel)

Here's what I'm planning on reading next:

- Gospel of Disney again (research for book I want to write)
- Skystone
- Singing Sword
- Complete Chronicles of Narnia
- The Shadow Rising (WOT #4)

I'm also planning on buying the Fourth Wheel Of Time book so that I can read it and continue through the series.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Well, I'm almost finished with "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" (1 chapter left), and then for school I have to start reading "The Hobbit."
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I finished their eyes were watching god in my english class.
Mason_Ireton
Banned

Re: What Books Are You Reading?

Post by Mason_Ireton »

Finished:

Peter Pan and the Starcathers (end of March)

Peter Pan and the Shadowthieves (Last Week)

Currently:

Walt Disney by Neal Gabler

Next:

Half Blood Prince

Chaplin
katemonster
Special Edition

Post by katemonster »

I just finished "The Kite Runner," which was AMAZING - hands down one of the best books I've read in the last five years. Made me cry, it was so good.
Lars Vermundsberget
Collector's Edition

Post by Lars Vermundsberget »

Recently read "The Beach House" and "The Lake House" by
James Patterson.
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

Finshed:

Emma
Ella Enchanted

Currently reading:
Mansfield Park
Miss Jo
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Miss Jo »

Dottie wrote: Currently reading:
Mansfield Park
I'm currently reading Mansfield Park, too! I love Jane Austen. So far, I've read Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Emma, and the first 150 or so pages of Mansfield Park. They're all awesome.
"I don't get high on drugs; I get high on Disney."
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

Miss Jo wrote:
Dottie wrote: Currently reading:
Mansfield Park
I'm currently reading Mansfield Park, too! I love Jane Austen. So far, I've read Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Emma, and the first 150 or so pages of Mansfield Park. They're all awesome.
I'm on page 112, and I have read P&P, Emma, S&S, and Persuasion so far. Mansfield Park is the next-to-last of all the Jane Austen novels to read for me. I absolutely love her style and her sense of humor.
I've also liked all the adaptations for TV or the big screen I've seen so far.
But my favorite is still the 1995 BBC P&P with Ehle and Firth.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Well, I finished HP 4 last night. I don't know what to read next, I'm thinking about "Wicked: The Life and Times of The Wicked Witch of the West" but my none of the libraries in my area have it. Any suggestions?
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

TheSequelofDisney wrote:Well, I finished HP 4 last night. I don't know what to read next, I'm thinking about "Wicked: The Life and Times of The Wicked Witch of the West" but my none of the libraries in my area have it. Any suggestions?
Go to any bookshop and buy it? I got my copy for 9.90$ at Barnes and Noble.
Or maybe you could borrow it from a friend? I bet someone you know has it.

Or you could read one of the other Gregory MacGuire novels. "Confessions of an ugly step-sister", "Son of a witch" (kind of a sequel to Wicked), "Mirror, Mirror"...
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Currently, I'm hooked on The Lost Years of Merlin series by T.A. Barron and right now I'm almost about to finish The Lost Years of Merlin # 4: The Mirror of Merlin, then I'll go on to The Lost Years of Merlin # 5: The Wings of Merlin. Then I'll be done.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Dottie wrote:Go to any bookshop and buy it? I got my copy for 9.90$ at Barnes and Noble.
Hmmm, I might do that, though I don't have cash really for that. I might work out something.
Or you could read one of the other Gregory MacGuire novels. "Confessions of an ugly step-sister", "Son of a witch" (kind of a sequel to Wicked), "Mirror, Mirror"...
Thanks for those suggestions. I've been to the website and they all sound really good.

Do you know how long it is? I was really looking for the Broadway Tie-In book, do you know if that's out?
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

I just finished 'The Third Eye' by Lois Duncan(amazing author)

Right now I'm reading "The School Story" by Andrew Clements and I'm also reading "Holes" by Louis Satcher forn school.

When I'm in bed I read different books. Right now I'm reading "Sabrina The Teenage Witch" (hah!) and High School Musical.

I plan on reading
-Daughters of Eve(Lois Duncan)
-The Hostile Hospital(Lemony Snickett)
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

TheSequelofDisney wrote:
Dottie wrote:Go to any bookshop and buy it? I got my copy for 9.90$ at Barnes and Noble.
Hmmm, I might do that, though I don't have cash really for that. I might work out something.
Thanks for those suggestions. I've been to the website and they all sound really good.

Do you know how long it is? I was really looking for the Broadway Tie-In book, do you know if that's out?
I have the Broadway tie-in edition of the novel, but I don't remember how many pages it has. I'd guess like 400-500- But I could be wrong.
The book itself is very nice with the Broadway poster on the front and some pictures from the show in color in the middle.
Gurgi30
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Gurgi30 »

I'm currently reading Alias by Brian Michael Bendis.

After that it will be Mickey & the Gang: Short Stories in Verse.

The sad part is I haven't read a book with just words in a long time. Most of the things I read are comic books (HC or TPB), magazines or Disney books about the parks.
The Little Merman
Anniversary Edition

Post by The Little Merman »

Sequel I thought I should mention that Maguire's novel is vastly different from the wonderful and essentially bubbly musical. I read it after becoming a huge fan of the show and was surprised to find a much darker story---one that does incorporate some sexual content.

Just be forewarned. However, I hope I don't scare you away from reading it. Wicked really is a magnificent book, regardless of the fact that it isn't so much like it's Broadway counterpart.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

The Little Merman wrote:Sequel I thought I should mention that Maguire's novel is vastly different from the wonderful and essentially bubbly musical. I read it after becoming a huge fan of the show and was surprised to find a much darker story---one that does incorporate some sexual content.

Just be forewarned. However, I hope I don't scare you away from reading it. Wicked really is a magnificent book, regardless of the fact that it isn't so much like it's Broadway counterpart.
Oh yes, I heard that it wasn't even close to the novel, well, besides the central plot, I think. Though, I do like bubbly music :D . No, actually, it was at a library in my county, so I requested it to be sent to the closest one so that I can go and pick it up instead of driving a lot. Thanks for the warning, though.
numba1lostboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by numba1lostboy »

The Red Tent
Anita Diamant

A very haunting and engrossing book about Dinah, the only daughter of Jacob in the Bible.
:pan: Love It.