The Little Mermaid: Platinum Edition DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Scabbie
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Scabbie »

Ursula shouldn't be THAT purple. I like the other characters.
Disney's musical Tarzan. Coming to Holland 2007.
Aladdin from Agrabah
Special Edition

Post by Aladdin from Agrabah »

It's not just Ursula. I mean, in the posters, every character from every Disney movie has very VERY vibrant colours. That's what a poster does, tries to impress you in order to buy the product.
Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe »

does anybody know if there'll be made a collectors edition of the the little mermaid, as there was made of Aladding and Cinderella?!

I would simply do everything to get one !
Special Edition

Post by 271286 »

Catastrophe wrote:does anybody know if there'll be made a collectors edition of the the little mermaid, as there was made of Aladding and Cinderella?!

I would simply do everything to get one !
I assume you're talking about the Collector's Gift set line.

No one knows yet. But the chances are high... consider this:

- The Lion King and Aladdin both got a gift sets - theese are both huge 90' classics (and the only 90's classics released in the Platinum line apart from Beauty and The Beast, which was released before Disney started producing Platinum Edition Collector's Gift Sets) as is The Little Mermaid (even though released in 1989 - I hope you know what I mean)

- Cinderella got a gift set - Cinderella is a part of the new 'Disney Princess' line - and so is Ariel.

- Also the platinum release of Cinderella (which included the gift set release) involved a massive promotional campaign - as has it been announced with The Little Mermaid.

So I'm very sure The Little Mermaid will be released as both a Platinum Edition 2-disc Set, and as a Platinum Edition Collector's Gift Set...
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

Thanks Luke for this great press release for "The Little Mermaid" PE DVD. It's now listed on the back of the "Lady and the Tramp" DVD guide.
Tarzan.
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tarzan. »

271286 wrote:
- Also the platinum release of Cinderella (which included the gift set release) involved a massive promotional campaign - as has it been announced with The Little Mermaid.
One proof that shows that they are making a great campaign for this release is that they showed the trailer for TLM on Cinderella a year before it's release.
Starion
Anniversary Edition

Post by Starion »

Ariel is on the booklet that comes with Lady and the Tramp. The booklet is the Disney DVD Insider Spring 2006 version. Inside the booklet I saw some small drawings of the characters and trivia.

I'm going to visit Ariels enchanting underwater world at the DVD's offical website.
Tarzan.
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tarzan. »

You can vist the site for the little mermaid at www.littlemermaiddvd.com and there you can watch the trailer and pre order the movie. I know that almost all of you know this, but in case that you don't, well now you know :)
BATBfan1
Terminated

Post by BATBfan1 »

I think it was wrong for them not to give Beauty and the Beast a giftset! It was well worth one. :(
That was mean of you Disney.
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

Well when they re-release B&TB maybe it'll get one. The gift sets didn't start until The Lion King so it's not like they skipped over it or anything. It would have gotten one for sure if Disney had the chance to make one for it.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

blah

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

i think that if box sets were made before lion king, snow white and beauty would both get gift sets
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

I see everyone else has already made up their mind about this press release and no one likes it all that much - but I didn't think it was that bad. I really think Disney will give this release their all. It's always easier to get/produce bonus features for movies made such a short time ago. I must sound like someone who's never bought a Disney DVD before. Well that's because I haven't, but I think this DVD will definitely measure up.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Tarzan.
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tarzan. »

Today I found a page that says that the third sequel for TLM will come for 2008. The page is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Mermaid_(film) and there you can find also a lot of information about the kind of animation that was used on each Disney film.
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

Anyone can just go on there and post that so don't take it too seriously. Luke said though The Little Mermaid III is rumored to be in production so it could be true but until I hear anything outta Disney themselves I'm not getting myself hyped up about this.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Well, as this press release is at present simply executives rambling about sales, I'll be creative and make up a dream press release. By the way, the menus for Disc 1 are themed to the land areas of the film, whilst Disc 2 is related to the nautical areas of the film.

Disc One

CASTLE LIBRARY (Backstage Disney)
*Audio Commentaries (one with directors/animators, one with actors and musicians)
*Pop up fun track

BLUE LAGOON (Music and More)
*Sing Along Track
*Deleted Songs
*Music Videos

BEACH PARTY (Games and Activities)
*Save the Ocean Quest (Part One)
*Personality Profile Game

Disc Two

THE LITTLE MERMAID: MAKING OF A MODERN CLASSIC

TRITON'S CASTLE (Various Bits on Production/Disney)
*The Kay Nielsen Story
*The restoration of The Little Mermaid
*Disney's Renaissance
*Underwater Silly Symphonies (Merbabies, Frolicking Fish, King Neptune)

URSULA'S LAIR (Deleted Scenes and Archive Materials)
*Introduction
*Deleted Scenes
*Original Making Of/Special of some sort

ARIEL'S GROTTO (Art Galleries with Optional Commentary on certain frames)
*Concept Art
*Kay Nielsen Art
*Storyboards
*Layout
*Backgrounds
*Character Design
*Production Photographs

SEBASTIAN's JAMBOREE PLACE (Publicity)
*Original Theatrical Trailer
*Re-release Trailer
*TV Spots
*Media Scrapbook

FLOUNDER's FUN TIME:
*Save the Ocean Quest (Part Two)
*Princess related thing
*DVD ROM game

And by the way, I've added games and stuff on my list for the sake of it, as I know they will appear. I'm being realistic. :lol:
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

This would be a good release for sure. Disney though has only been putting bonus features lately for the PE's on the 2nd disc so everything except for the commentaries would have to be on disc 2.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Lucylover1986 wrote:This would be a good release for sure. Disney though has only been putting bonus features lately for the PE's on the 2nd disc so everything except for the commentaries would have to be on disc 2.
That was really only for <i>Lady and the Tramp</i> since they had two versions of the movie on Disc 1. If it can be assumed to follow the pattern of <i>Cinderella</i>, then we can expect music videos and a completely unrelated piece on water sports from ESPN. ;)
Tarzan.
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tarzan. »

Where can I find the original theatrical trailer for TLM?
Special Edition

Post by 271286 »

Wonderlicious wrote:Well, as this press release is at present simply executives rambling about sales, I'll be creative and make up a dream press release. By the way, the menus for Disc 1 are themed to the land areas of the film, whilst Disc 2 is related to the nautical areas of the film.

Disc One

CASTLE LIBRARY (Backstage Disney)
*Audio Commentaries (one with directors/animators, one with actors and musicians)
*Pop up fun track

BLUE LAGOON (Music and More)
*Sing Along Track
*Deleted Songs
*Music Videos

BEACH PARTY (Games and Activities)
*Save the Ocean Quest (Part One)
*Personality Profile Game

Disc Two

THE LITTLE MERMAID: MAKING OF A MODERN CLASSIC

TRITON'S CASTLE (Various Bits on Production/Disney)
*The Kay Nielsen Story
*The restoration of The Little Mermaid
*Disney's Renaissance
*Underwater Silly Symphonies (Merbabies, Frolicking Fish, King Neptune)

URSULA'S LAIR (Deleted Scenes and Archive Materials)
*Introduction
*Deleted Scenes
*Original Making Of/Special of some sort

ARIEL'S GROTTO (Art Galleries with Optional Commentary on certain frames)
*Concept Art
*Kay Nielsen Art
*Storyboards
*Layout
*Backgrounds
*Character Design
*Production Photographs

SEBASTIAN's JAMBOREE PLACE (Publicity)
*Original Theatrical Trailer
*Re-release Trailer
*TV Spots
*Media Scrapbook

FLOUNDER's FUN TIME:
*Save the Ocean Quest (Part Two)
*Princess related thing
*DVD ROM game

And by the way, I've added games and stuff on my list for the sake of it, as I know they will appear. I'm being realistic. :lol:

What a nice release!!! I especially love your idea for the land/sea menu artwork for the two discs... Too bad if you dont work at Disney!!!
Enchantress
Special Edition

Post by Enchantress »

I'm not sure if anyone's noticed this, but Wikipedia has used the UD picture of TLM's cover.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Tlmpe-lg.jpg