Disney Princess Enchanted Tales: Follow Your Dreams DVD

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Fidget1234
Special Edition

Post by Fidget1234 »

slyslayer3000 wrote:Aurora looks good in her pink dress, considering the fact that she wore the blue dress most of the time in Disney's Sleeping Beauty.
they put her in pink so people dont get her confused w/ Cinderella.
"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin"
slyslayer3000
Gold Classic Collection

Post by slyslayer3000 »

Fidget1234 wrote:they put her in pink so people dont get her confused w/ Cinderella.
Yeah, many Disney Princesses wear blue just like Cinderella and Jasmine and half of Snow White's. And since no one wears pink at all, Aurora has the original color of the dress the three good fairies intentionally planned for her 16th birthday.
But what would be the story this time? Will there be a villain? Will Maleficent be back? That mistress of all evil rocks!
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Cinderella's dress color

Post by Disney Duster »

slyslayer3000 wrote:
Fidget1234 wrote:they put her in pink so people dont get her confused w/ Cinderella.
Yeah, many Disney Princesses wear blue just like Cinderella...
Actually, in the movie, Cinderella's dress is silver. It only looks blue when she's in the shadows, like when she's dancing with the prince. It's really silver the very first time we see it, right after the transformation and when she's with the fairy godmother. Take a look at my avitar, you can see that it's silver!

I don't know why Disney almost always makes Cinderella's dress blue. Maybe just because they think it looks more appealing. But if they did her dress correctly it would look silver when she's normal and only look blue when the rest of her is darker.

And I would just like to take some time to thank Disney Villain, for finding so much information about Disney Princess Fairy Tales for us, and for scanning that advertisement for us!
Disney Live On
Gold Classic Collection

THE NEW TRAILER IS HERE!

Post by Disney Live On »

HEY EVERYONE THE NEW TRAILER FOR PRINCESS FAIRYTALES IS HERE!
And it looks like Disney was listening to all us males out there who thought it was a little sexist to only mention the fact that little girls like the Disney Princesses.
In the new add it begins with the narrator saying 'For EVERYONE who loves the Disney Princesses comes an all-new Princess collection.'
This add is so cool and I was even more excited then when the first add came online. The new animation of Belle and Aurora looks fantastic and authentic with the original movies. For me this will be like Beauty and the Beast 3 and Sleeping Beauty 2 all in one. (I realize there has already been a BATB 3 but that one was really disappionting and the animation was awful). THIS NEW ANIMATION LOOKS AMAZING! Although I don't like Aurora's new dress. However if you watch the add closely enough there's a part where three fully made dresses appear before her in red, blue and green so I'm guessing the resolution to her story is that the fairies make her a dress that is a combo of all three individual dresses- so she doesn't have to choose between them.
As I have said hundreds of times before I am so excited about this new dvd and that they have confirmed it is only the first volume! Can't wait to see the finished product and more of these dvds coming soon!
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Yeahhh!!!!!!

I love the new trailer!

And I also love the new animation, I can't wait to hear the new songs!

In volumes 2, 3... I want new stories and new songs for Ariel and Jasmine.
sealightbreeze
Gold Classic Collection

Post by sealightbreeze »

Yay! that actually looks quite good. It seemed to be well animated. Especially for Aurora. I like the fact the original cast for the beauty and the beast epiosde will be back. I wonder how many episodes they have already made?
BATBfan1
Terminated

Post by BATBfan1 »

WOW! I love that trailer! To bad we have to wait till next year now! :evil:
That really upsets me with Disney! They say one thing and do another! 2006 in Sept. would have been fine for the release! Now we have to wait till FOREVER! :x

I cannot wait for the new Belle story! It looks so awesome!
I also think Sleeping Beauty looks good as well. :)

I hope they make a soundtrack for this as well, if there is enough music.
If not, I will be ripping the songs from the DVD. :D
sealightbreeze
Gold Classic Collection

Post by sealightbreeze »

seeing as how well the animation is, I will not complain about having to wait a while for it. I would rather them take a long time to make a decent film, than to hurry and rush and make it all sloppy. :D
Disney Villain
Special Edition

Post by Disney Villain »

Thank You Disney Duster for the kind words. I am so excited about this!!!And Thank You Disney Live On for pointing out the new trailer. I also LOVE that it says "For Everyone who loves the Princesses...." and not just "little girls"

Also why does everyone think that this release is coming out in 2007? I am 99.9% sure that it is coming out SEPTEMBER 2006. All the animation looks complete. I am sure it's finished. All the inserts in the Princess Sing-A-Long volume 3 say on every page that this is coming out SEPTEMBER 2006. The website is ovbiously outdated. It even says on the new trailer to log on to disneyprincess.com for an exclusive sneek peak--and yet there is NO sneak peek yet. This NEW trailer will probally appear on the Dumbo Big Top Edition DVD and by that time the website will probally be updated to include that "sneak peek". I also don't like the name change from "Princess Fairy Tales" to "Enchanted Stories".

EDIT.........EDIT.........EDIT.........
The website HAS been updated but still no "sneak peek" and it still says 2007. Please read my ranting above .... :D
Disney Duster

Disney Princess Enchanted Trailer

Post by Disney Duster »

Well, I've finally watched the trailer, and here is my reaction:

The Good:
*The title change from Princess Fairy Tales to Enchanted Tales, because it makes more sense. Fairy tales are stories that initially introduce the characters, and these new stories are about characters we already know. In other words, I would call Sleeping Beauty a fairy tale, but a story about Aurora simply a story or tale.

*Aurora is wearing a pink headband instead of the crown, to show that she can wear other things sometimes. :lol:

*The same styles of the characters and backgrounds is kept! Just look at the detailed, medieval tapestry backgrounds in Aurora's story! And the animation in Belle's story has the same kind of shading it had in Beauty and the Beast(in some scenes).

The Bad:
*Unlike many here, I don't think the animation is that great. Since they are making a bunch of episodes and not one single movie, it's understandable that the quality wouldn't be that amazing, but I think Belle and Aurora only look like themselves and move niceley in a few scenes. The Beast looks particuliarly bad in every scene where you see his face. Look how badly they drew him!

*I don't think the voice actors for the good fairies sound enough like the original voices.

Aside from talking about the actual product, I'll point out that they ruined the ending of Aurora's story in the trailer! You can easily figure out that the dress she wears when she's dancing with Phillip is a combination of the dresses the fairies indiviually made for her, and that the ending's going to be about working together to make the dress.

As for the Sneak Peek on the Disney Princess site, there's that one window for Disney Princess Enchanted Tales and underneath it it says, "A New Chapter Of Disney Princess Is About To Begin. Be The First To Get A Sneak Peek." And when you click on that, it leads to the page about it. So mabey they consider that the sneak peek. But since it only has a picture of the princesses and the trailer, I guess it's like the trailer saying you should go to the web site to watch the trailer that you just saw...which is stupid, so maybe you're right Disney Villain. I don't know. Disney can be confusing, lazy, and stupid sometimes.
Last edited by Disney Duster on Mon May 22, 2006 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disney Villain
Special Edition

Post by Disney Villain »

I have updated the first post of this thread with the latest information and a new picture, and I will continue to update it.

Disney Duster I agree with you on many points: The Fairies voices do not sound right, and they did ruin the ending of the Aurora Story with this new trailer. I also do not like the way they drew the Beast--but I do find the quailty of the settings and backgrounds to be accurate with those of the original films.
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Re: Disney Princess Enchanted Trailer

Post by Kram Nebuer »

Wow! Thanks for posting! The trailer was very promising.

It's creepy, but good, that they did listen to our complaints...which casues further wondering if Disney reads our threads...Ieither that or many people have called to say change the trailer to make it less sexist.
Disney Duster wrote:The Bad:
*Unlike many here, I don't think the animation is that great. Since they are making a bunch of episodes and not one single movie, it's understandable that the quality wouldn't be that amazing, but I think Belle and Aurora only look like themselves and move niceley in a few scenes. The Beast looks particuliarly bad in every scene where you see his face. Look how badly they drew him!

*I don't think the voice actors for the good fairies sound enough like the original voices.

Aside from talking about the actual product, I'll point out that they ruined the ending of Aurora's story in the trailer! You can easily figure out that the dress she wears when she's dancing with Phillip is a combination of the dresses the fairies indiviually made for her, and that the ending's going to be about working together to make the dress.

As for the Sneak Peek on the Disney Princess site, there's that one window for Disney Princess Enchanted Tales and underneath it it says, "A New Chapter Of Disney Princess Is About To Begin. Be The First To Get A Sneak Peek." And when you click on that, it leads to the page about it. So mabey they consider that the sneak peek. But since it only has a picture of the princesses and the trailer, I guess it's like the trailer saying you should go to the web site to watch the trailer that you just saw...which is stupid, so maybe you're right Disney Villain. I don't know. Disney can be confusing, lazy, and stupid sometimes.
~ I think we are saying the new animation is great because compared to Belle's earlier sequels, the reintroduction of the shoddy TV animation for Jasmine and Ariel, and the somewhat recent Cinderella II, this animation for "Enchanted Tales" really is quite something special! Also, I like the name change, too! Fairy Tales makes it sound like they're writing new classics, but they're not. Also, Enchanted Tales is a nice way to say "Hey, you're getting something better than our previously released Princess Stories."

~ Yep, the voices aren't good matches, but what can you do? They're decent attempts. Though I don't like Aurora's voice at all. The Aurora in "If You Can Dream" sounded too old, but much closer than the tweenager cheerleader voice they've given the new Aurora. Mary Costa had a high speaking voice, but it sounded more mature. Also, the "returning all-star cast" had me worried. Who voiced Lumiere? :(

~ Haha, the I noticed the final dress thing too. Though it may be just from a few seconds glance, Aurora's final dress looks sad. The three originals look nice by themselves. Oh well, I guess the lesson is that Kindness prevails over looks.

~ I couldn't find that page...

Also, thank you to Disney Villain for changing the first post. I will be checking again for any updates!
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
Aladdin from Agrabah
Special Edition

Re: Disney Princess Enchanted Trailer

Post by Aladdin from Agrabah »

Kram Nebuer wrote:~ I think we are saying the new animation is great because compared to Belle's earlier sequels, the reintroduction of the shoddy TV animation for Jasmine and Ariel, and the somewhat recent Cinderella II, this animation for "Enchanted Tales" really is quite something special! Also, I like the name change, too! Fairy Tales makes it sound like they're writing new classics, but they're not. Also, Enchanted Tales is a nice way to say "Hey, you're getting something better than our previously released Princess Stories."
I think they animated Ariel very good in the series. She was Ariel, unlike The Little Mermaid II. In that movie Ariel looked realy weird, especially in the "action scenes" of the ending. By the way, "Enchanted Tales" was the title of Jasmine's VHS , which was actually a collection of some episodes from "Aladdin" tv series, under the main title : Princess Collection. It was called "Jasmine's Enchanted Tales". I don't like that they're reusing it. I would prefer something like "Magical Stories" or something.
I also don't like that they combine two heroines in the same dvd. I would like it to be "Aurora's Magical Stories" for example, and have 2 or 3 stories of the same character together, so that I could only buy the dvds of my favorite heroine.
Fidget1234
Special Edition

Post by Fidget1234 »

Something else just came to mind for the dvd. During the trailer of the dvd the BATB segment it says "All-star voice cast returns".

Now i heard Paige O' Hara, David Ogden Stiers, and (YAY!!!) Angela Lansbury during the trailer....

And I assume Robby Benson will also return as Beast as he's done the voicework for him whenever we hear him in House of Mouse and the other BATB stories on dvd and in the kingdom hearts game...

BUT...im wondering if the recording for the voice-over was recent or done a while back like in say 2004...now that Jerry Orbach has past on- will we be able to hear him once more as Lumiere in the new dvd-or was the voice-over recorded pretty recent & has someone new as Lumiere? Anyone heard anything yet?

I also checked IMDB for the cast- but nothing is posted there yet for the new dvd.
"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin"
Disney Villain
Special Edition

Post by Disney Villain »

Luke has just updated the UD Front Page saying:
It seems as though the Disney Princess DVD line's brazen foray into originality has undergone a name change and a delay. The new subseries of original shorts, previously called Disney Princess Fairy Tales, is now boasting the title Disney Princess Enchanted Tales. The first volume, equipped with new stories starring Belle and Aurora, is now due in early 2007, not September 2006 as previously announced, under the title Disney Princess Enchanted Tales: A Kingdom of Kindness.
Don't Fear Princess fans it says EARLY 2007 so I think the DVD will be out by Valentines Day. I have also updated my first post on page 1 of this thread.
Disney Duster

Disney Princess Enchanted Magical Story Tales

Post by Disney Duster »

First, a big thank you to Disney Villain, Kram Nebuer, and Aladdin from Agrabah for replying to my long post!
Aladdin from Agrabah wrote:"Enchanted Tales" was the title of Jasmine's VHS , which was actually a collection of some episodes from "Aladdin" tv series, under the main title : Princess Collection. It was called "Jasmine's Enchanted Tales". I don't like that they're reusing it. I would prefer something like "Magical Stories" or something.
I also don't like that they combine two heroines in the same dvd. I would like it to be "Aurora's Magical Stories" for example, and have 2 or 3 stories of the same character together, so that I could only buy the dvds of my favorite heroine.
I agree with you that I think Disney should come up with a completely original name for this new DVD series, but it's hard to come up with such a name. "Magical Stories" sounds too much like "Princess Stories", the former DVD series that this new series is trying to be different from. So as long as it isn't exactly the same as any previous title(and taking out the "Jasmine" in "Jasmine's Enchanted Tales" is good enough), then I'm fine with it. Something like "Magical Tales" instead of "Magical Stories" would be okay by me, though. "Enchanted" just sounds better.

As for compilations featuring one specific princess instead of two together, that would also be more desirable to me, because there are kids out there who love Aurora but don't care about Belle, and vice versa. But I'm fine with them being together because when you like the Disney Princess line, you have to face the princesses being grouped together all the time. :lol: It's just expected. And it's hard to come up with a bunch of stories for just one character.

But the most important point is: If only one princess was featured in each DVD compilation, it would take longer for kids to get the DVD with the princess they want.
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Re: Disney Princess Enchanted Magical Story Tales

Post by Kram Nebuer »

Disney Duster wrote:First, a big thank you to Disney Villain, Kram Nebuer, and Aladdin from Agrabah for replying to my long post!
No problem :)
Disney Duster wrote:I agree with you that I think Disney should come up with a completely original name for this new DVD series, but it's hard to come up with such a name... ...Something like "Magical Tales" instead of "Magical Stories" would be okay by me, though. "Enchanted" just sounds better.
I agree. It's difficult to keep from sounding too repetitive. "Magical/Magic" is overused by Disney in describing everything. I think Enchanted sounds better too because it isn't used as much. When we visited the Phillippines, we went to a theme park called "Enchanted Kingdom" and the name was very appealing. As far as Disney Princess Enchanted Tales, how about...Enchanted Fables of Princess Parables? They seem more fitting than "Tales" because they indicate a lesson is to be learned and that is precisely what these new stories are trying to do.

I can see why it's hard to come up with an original new title for the series. Using Dictionary.com, I found there aren't many good, fitting synonyms with the intended meaning.

Tale:
account, anecdote, cuffer, fable, fairy tale, fiction, folk tale, legend, myth, narration, narrative, novel, relation, report, romance, saga, short story, yarn

Story:
adventure, allegory, anecdote, apologue, article, autobiography, beat, biography, book, chestnut, chronicle, cliffhanger*, clothesline, comedy, conte, description, drama, epic, fable, fairy tale, fantasy, feature, fiction, folktale, gag, history, legend, memoir, myth, narration, narrative, news, news item, non-fiction, novel, old saw*, parable, potboiler*, recital, record, relation, report, romance, saga, scoop*, sequel, serial, spiel*, tale, tragedy, version, yarn

Lol! I just looked at some of the synonyms again and thought...how about Enchanted Chestnuts! It's got alliteration, but it sounds like some other product. :)
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Kram Nebuer wrote:As far as Disney Princess Enchanted Tales, how about...Enchanted Fables of Princess Parables? They seem more fitting than "Tales" because they indicate a lesson is to be learned and that is precisely what these new stories are trying to do.

I can see why it's hard to come up with an original new title for the series. Using Dictionary.com, I found there aren't many good, fitting synonyms with the intended meaning.
"Enchanted Chestnuts"? :lol:

Well, I see that it's very hard to come up with something that is original but sounds "princessy" and still has the same meaning they're going for. As for "Enchanted Fables" or "Enchanted Parables", I really don't like either of those. I always thought the difference between Fables and Fairy Tales was that Fables had to do with personified animals and Fairy Tales had to do with humans, magic and fairies(duh). Parables reminds me of religion actually, because I remember my religion teachers talking about the parables of Jesus. For example, the parable of "The Good Semaritan". It also just sounds too common and un-princess like. So...I really think "Enchanted Tales" was the best choice.
Aladdin from Agrabah
Special Edition

Post by Aladdin from Agrabah »

Disney Duster wrote:I always thought the difference between Fables and Fairy Tales was that Fables had to do with personified animals and Fairy Tales had to do with humans, magic and fairies(duh)
You mean Aesop's Fables?Well, of course, that's why a whole series of Disney dvds was named "Disney Fables", there is an Aesop's Fable in there, The Tortoise and the Hare, and many other famous stories that most of the times have something to teach. I don't think, on the other hand, that the Princess stories have something to teach except "Never ruin a surprise for the Prince's party" or "It's the inner beauty that counts, no matter that ALL Disney Princesses are kind AND EXTREMELY beautiful too!".
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Aladdin from Agrabah wrote:I don't think, on the other hand, that the Princess stories have something to teach except "Never ruin a surprise for the Prince's party" or "It's the inner beauty that counts, no matter that ALL Disney Princesses are kind AND EXTREMELY beautiful too!".
:lol: Well, I'll admit you have a point there. Disney Princesses aren't teaching the best things. Disney is a bit hypocritical sometimes, saying the real beauty of a princess is kindness, then they have bonus feature on there DVDs that give beauty tips.

But do you think the princesses would be popular at all if they were ugly? I bet that even the Disney classics they originated in wouldn't be as popluar if their heroine's weren't visually appealing. Audiences may say they wish it didn't matter if they were ugly or beautiful, but they all like to see beautiful people on the screen. Everyone likes looking at what they think is attractive.

Aside from all of that, little girls love dressing up. They might be thinking that to look beautiful is to wear beautiful clothing. As long as they're worried about having a nice dress instead of having a nice face, that's not so bad.