The Lion King on Broadway

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Simba3 wrote:Haven't seen it on broadway because that would refer to New York City, but I did see the show when it was on tour and it came through Michigan. The show was amazing! I live in Florida now and I might be seeing it next year too when it comes to Miami! Anyone who hasn't seen this show SHOULD, it's well worth the money!
I also saw it when it came to Michigan. it played at the Wharton Center. So technically I have not seen it on broadway.
bennyb98
Gold Classic Collection

Post by bennyb98 »

I am voting Yes, even thought I only saw it when it played at the Paramount in Seattle, it was the Cheetah tour version I believe.
Finchx0rz
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Finchx0rz »

No...not officially. I saw a very cheap high school version of it six years ago. :lol: I have no intention of seeing the real thing; if I want to watch The Lion King, I'll pop in my PE DVD. I've never understood the point of movie-based (professional) live theatre, but I can see why a lot of people like it.
<a href="http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com/" target="_blank">Got a question? Ask Google first.</a>
flowersarah

Post by flowersarah »

I have seen it in London twice and think it's great :)
Jordan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jordan »

I've seen in twice, once in London and once in New York (and probably a third time when the musical makes its French debut in Paris next year!). It's just amazing, one-of-a-kind, unlive anything you've ever seen on stage!

The mix of sound, dance, african influences, etc. everything make the show really amazing. A must see! :D :)
Chandler (to Phoebe, over the phone) : Listen, Joey isn't gonna be here tonight so why don't you come over and I'll let you uh.. feel my bicep; or maybe more...
Friends, 5.14 - The One Where Everybody Finds Out
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

I saw Lion King on Memorial Day weekend, 2004, in San Francisco.
crazycalichic06

Post by crazycalichic06 »

I got to see it this past summer. It was so awesome! Wait no it was better than that. Very unique and what not.
potterrules93
Special Edition

The Lion King Broadway show

Post by potterrules93 »

when the show comes to cleveland in auguest, im gonna c it..is the show good?? lion king is my favorite disney movie along with BatB and i dont want to be dissapointed. i will be buying the OBC CD soon and am very excited
~Ryan~
Prudence
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prudence »

You won't be disappointed!
That's hot.
Mason_Ireton
Banned

Post by Mason_Ireton »

Prue's right, Lion King is a wonderful broadway shows, not gon'na spoil it but I highly recommend it to anybody who's a film/broadway fan.
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Do you like puppets? Do you like the animated movie? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you just may like "The Lion King" on stage!
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Well, I just went the last Thursday, and I have to say it is amazing! The puppets are extordinary, the music is fantastic, and the acting is superb! It is very enjoyable, and you won't be disappointed. Have fun!

PS:

They will have the CD there, at least they had it in Cincinnati. Though, it probably cost too much since you can buy it on Overstock.com for like $10.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I saw it. Its pretty good and unique. You'll like it.
Anthony
Special Edition

Post by Anthony »

Not one of my favorite Broadway shows. But moderately enjoyable.
Scabbie
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Scabbie »

I saw the Dutch version in 2005 and it was amazing. Although I really liked it, it's not my favorite Disney musical. I like the Dutch versions of Beauty and the Beast and Tarzan more (those two are different from the Broadway versions, especially Beauty and the Beast).
Disney's musical Tarzan. Coming to Holland 2007.
Siren
Platinum Edition

Post by Siren »

I saw it two years ago in Boston. Stunningly beautiful!
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

I am so excited, I just got tickets to see The Lion King in Ft. Lauderdale next month. I have already seen the show once and it was so amazing, I can't wait to see it again.
Signature courtesy of blackcauldron85!!
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

DMR-The Lion King-Broadway

Post by PeterPanfan »

I have over 1,000 points on Disney Movie Rewards and I was pondering if I should save up for The Lion King set of tickets(2) or buy the Pirates Digital Camera. Does anyone know what seats you get with the TLk prize? When you can go? Is it worth it?
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

I am not sure what kinds of tickets they would be offering in terms of seating location. Most decent tickets to The Lion King run around $70 or $80 dollars, so if DMR is offering good seats, I would say it is definately worth it. If you like The Lion King, and are interested in seeing the stage version, the tickets would be a really great option, valued at around $150.
Signature courtesy of blackcauldron85!!
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

This is really hard because I've seen it at Walt Disney World,I own the Broadway soundtrack,and my friend told me all about it after he got done seeing it. I also desperatly need a digi camera. GAH!