Walt Disney Treasures Wave 6 Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
ohmahaaha
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ohmahaaha »

Has there been any discussion of the expected quality of this coming wave of Treasures? I mean after last years wave containing a lot of clearly un-restored material, which was a big let-down after previous waves. Has anyone received any assurances that closer attention has been paid this time around?
Pyoko
Limited Issue

Post by Pyoko »

ohmahaaha wrote:Has there been any discussion of the expected quality of this coming wave of Treasures? I mean after last years wave containing a lot of clearly un-restored material, which was a big let-down after previous waves. Has anyone received any assurances that closer attention has been paid this time around?
I haven't heard anything but I really do hope they've restored all the shorts this time. If they have I'll show my support and even go back and buy last year's wave; if not, well, then I'm going to be one sad Disney fan with an incomplete collection of animated WDTs.
Mouseketodd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mouseketodd »

[quote="skippy"]When I emailed Leonard Maltin about 5 months ago, to ask about when we could see the rest of Baca and the Swamp Fox, he said something to the effect of, "Disney doesn't think anyone has any interest in those older shows."[quote]

That means, if we want 'em, we've got to call!!!!

I've called Disney Home Video and told them I bought this Swamp Fox / Baca Treasure without having ever watched an episode beforehand -- I hadn't even heard of Elfego Baca. I enjoyed the contents -- especially EB!
My handmade paperweights, including Disney subjects -- some contain viewable movie cells!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/tmhofherr
Currently listed: Ludwig Von Drake, Annette, Zorro, Star Wars, the Wicked Witch, Classic Tron, and more!
DL-Craze

Post by DL-Craze »

Well, there's only three months left, they should let out out some official info on the DVD's soon i'm guessing.
My one and only love, DISNEY.
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

Well the other two were posted earlier in the thread, now the remaining two are up:

<a href="http://disneyvideos.disney.go.com/movie ... .html">The Hardy Boys</a>
THE MICKEY MOUSE CLUB'S magical mix of entertainment was so captivating to television's first generation of children, watching it became a daily ritual. And so the first day of the show's second season, millions thrilled to the debut of a new adventure series, THE HARDY BOYS: THE MYSTERY OF THE APPLEGATE Treasure. All the cliff-hanging suspense unfolds right here, including the entire MICKEY MOUSE CLUB episode that introduced the series. Plus, you'll get clued in to the truth behind the novels' author Franklin W. Dixon, and you'll witness the reunion of Tim Considine (Frank Hardy) and Tommy Kirk (Joe Hardy) at the scene of the crime -- Stage 2 at the Disney Studio.
<a href="http://disneyvideos.disney.go.com/movie ... html">Your Host, Walt Disney</a>
Celebrate Walt Disney and his magical vision with this look back at several of the most memorable hours from his groundbreaking television shows. As its friendly, approachable host, Disney endeared himself to millions and became much more than an icon for family entertainment. He became Uncle Walt.
Join Walt as he celebrates the rededication of Disneyland with a parade of celebrities and guest stars, the fourth anniversary of his weekly show featuring a surprise party arranged by the Mouseketeers, and a tenth anniversary program showcasing some of his talented Imagineers at work. And in a rare interview, Diane Disney Miller shares warm and personal memories of growing up with the man we all admired from afar.
I'm sure you'll all be thrilled at the prospect of Disney's fast play being introduced to the Treasures series! ;)
Lars Vermundsberget
Collector's Edition

Post by Lars Vermundsberget »

Looking foreward to the Hardy Boys - somewhat. I don't know the Disney television series, but I have fond memories of the books, although most of them probably weren't really all that great...
kenoverby

I have a question

Post by kenoverby »

Anyone know of the drivers education video they made that shows how a highway is made as well as shows how we will travel on highways in the future. "Shows about car jams, and pile ups too". I think that cartoon/real life show should be added to the treasures along with Goofy -How to setup HD Theater. :D
MikeyMouse wrote:I haven't heard anything as of yet, but I suppose it would be fun to prognosticate (in no particular order, and more of a "wish list" rather than a prediction):
  • Rarities Vol. 2 (More Alice shorts, maybe some Oswald, Pied Piper, Little Hiawatha, etc.)
    Complete Chip 'n Dale
    Spin 'n Marty Season 2
    A collection of "Walt Disney Presents" and "Disneyland" shows
    Disney Educational Shorts (Ludwig Von Drake, etc.)
Any other ideas out there?