CINDERELLA: Disney Channel Music Video - 'A Dream is a Wish'

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
goofy108
Gold Classic Collection

CINDERELLA: Disney Channel Music Video - 'A Dream is a Wish'

Post by goofy108 »

<b>Exciting Music Videos</b>:
• “A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes” – an exciting pop rendition of the signature <i>Cinderella</i> tune
I just saw a commercial on Disney Channel. It said that this Friday after the premier of the DCOM Life is Ruff, the music video, "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes", will have it's premiere. It looks an awful lot like the "Circle of Life" music video that was on The Lion King DVD. I may be the only one, but I really enjoyed that music video and I have to say that I'm excited to see this one, too. I hope I don't have to work that night.

:goofy:
goofy108
Gold Classic Collection

Re: CINDERELLA Platinum Edition DVD Press Release

Post by goofy108 »

goofy108 wrote:
<b>Exciting Music Videos</b>:
• “A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes” – an exciting pop rendition of the signature <i>Cinderella</i> tune
I just saw a commercial on Disney Channel. It said that this Friday after the premier of the DCOM Life is Ruff, the music video, "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes", will have it's premiere. It looks an awful lot like the "Circle of Life" music video that was on The Lion King DVD. I may be the only one, but I really enjoyed that music video and I have to say that I'm excited to see this one, too. I hope I don't have to work that night.

Anybody know who is in this Circle of Stars this time around? I only remember seeing Ashley Tisdale (Maddie from "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody") in the commercial.

Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

goofy108 wrote:Anybody know who is in this Circle of Stars this time around? I only remember seeing Ashley Tisdale (Maddie from "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody") in the commercial.

I don't know their real names, but I remember seeing:

From That's So Raven:
Raven, Chelsea, and Eddie

From The Suite Life of Zack and Cody:
Maddie, London (or Tia from PotF)

From Phil of the Future:
Keely, Pim, Tia (or London from TSLoZaC) and Phil (though I don't if he sings. He was dancing in the commercial, but I don't know if he's a singer too)
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Disney Channel just aired the music video (but not the whole thing). I found the rendition bland, neither good nor bad, but that's not the point. During the video, they showed the restored version of Cinderella, and...wow...just wow. The clarity and sharpness of those brief clips astounded me. Many people may not notice (a friend of mine who loves Cinderella didn't notice that the footage was from the restored version). but I'm positive it's there. From the looks of it, it ranks right there with the rest of the Disney restorations. Like Alice, the backgrounds (especially during the "So This is Love" sequence) really popped out. I'm hoping Disney posts this online soon so I can view it again (I'll tolerate the song just to see that footage).
goofy108
Gold Classic Collection

Post by goofy108 »

I liked the new rendition of the song. It is always fun to see the stars all together having fun. I was surprised to see and hear the twins from "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" in the music video. I was bummed this was only a preview and not the full-length. No doubt this will be on Disneymania 4.

I also noticed the beautiful restoration done to the film. It looks amazing, even on a fuzzy TV reception. It was so bright, and clear. It makes me want the DVD even more!

rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

Post by rs_milo_whatever »

goofy108 wrote:I liked the new rendition of the song. It is always fun to see the stars all together having fun. I was surprised to see and hear the twins from "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" in the music video. I was bummed this was only a preview and not the full-length. No doubt this will be on Disneymania 4.

I also noticed the beautiful restoration done to the film. It looks amazing, even on a fuzzy TV reception. It was so bright, and clear. It makes me want the DVD even more!

i know i thoght it was so cool if guys want to kmow more about what disney channel does go to ...... ultimate disney channel fan page ( probably u know about it{may be one of u made it}) that's where i found out about this video and who was gonna be in it over a month ago..... and by the way goofy108 i have been waiting for disneymania4 news i liked this series of cd's especially the third one
goofy108
Gold Classic Collection

Post by goofy108 »

Welcome to UD, rs_milo_whatever! :wave:
rs_milo_whatever wrote:i know i thoght it was so cool if guys want to kmow more about what disney channel does go to ...... ultimate disney channel fan page ( probably u know about it{may be one of u made it}) that's where i found out about this video and who was gonna be in it over a month ago.....
Would you mind giving me a link? I'd like to check out the site.

I hear Disneymania 4 will come out early next year and I predict it will have this new rendition of "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" and the pop-version of "Who Am I" by Tiffany Evans from Tarzan II. Can't think of anything else.

Looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts on the UD Forum!

Prince Adam
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Adam »

Kram Nebuer wrote: Phil (though I don't if he sings. He was dancing in the commercial, but I don't know if he's a singer too)
Um, appearing in a "Circle of Stars" video does NOT make a person a singer....
Defy Gravity...
Joshrzmeup
Special Edition

Post by Joshrzmeup »

(I don't know their real names, but I remember seeing:

From That's So Raven:
Raven, Chelsea, and Eddie

From The Suite Life of Zack and Cody:
Maddie, London (or Tia from PotF)

From Phil of the Future:
Keely, Pim, Tia (or London from TSLoZaC) and Phil (though I don't if he sings. He was dancing in the commercial, but I don't know if he's a singer too)[/quote] )

I know I saw Aly & AJ there too and one or two people I didn't reconize.
User formerly known as LizzieMcGuire Image
goofy108
Gold Classic Collection

Post by goofy108 »

Here is a list of everyone that was in the muisc video (whether they sang or not):

Raven
Orlando Brown
Anneliese van der Pol
Ricky Ulman
Amy Bruckner
Alyson Michalka
AJ Michalka
Dylan Sprouse
Cole Sprouse
Ashley Tisdale
Brenda Song
Kyla Pratt

Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

I've finally managed to find the freaking video online, but since it's Windows Media, I can't take screencaps. Here's the link to it, though:

http://niveaworld.fanwired.com/ricky/dream.wmv

Inspecting it more closely, I have to say that Disney Duster is right. Cinderella is more blonde, now, and shots where her gown was silver now look (a very pale) blue, though it still looks blatantly silver when you see her transforming. I don't know why I didn't notice this on TV. Perhaps I was too giddy then. Oh, and about the magic sparkles from the transformation shot, I don't think anything has actually been erased accidentally. I think what happened was that we're all so used to the softer transfers that in those, the sparkles blended into each other causing what looked like solid streaks. Now that we're seeing this razor sharp, we're able to see each individual sparkle, thus the streaks around her don't look as solid. Still, I'm not worried. I fully trust Disney with these restorations. As I said earlier, they always refer to the original, untouched animation cels. With that in mind, it seems Cinderella has always been more of a strawberry blonde than a reddish brunette, and I still think her gown is silver, it's just not as blooming as it used to be because the color's been perfected. All in all, it looks to be a fabulous restoration.
Disney Villain
Special Edition

Post by Disney Villain »

Thank you so much DisneyKid for posting that link. I missed seeing it on Disney Channel. I am going to try to burn it on something to take screencaps.
Disney Villain
Special Edition

Re: Cinderella Restored

Post by Disney Villain »

Disney Duster wrote:I look forward to screen captures from Disney Villain. please try to do screen comparisons Disney Villain! Make screen captures of the Cinderella Special Edition trailer and then the music video.
I am going to burn the Music Video on DVD then open it with another program to take screencaps (Lets hope that works). Then I will get every screencap possible from the Cinderella Special Edition Trailer, and what I can find from the VHS tape. Then I will post the results here. But please give me some time to do this.
Disney Villain
Special Edition

Post by Disney Villain »

Disneykid wrote:Putting it up in Quicktime would make it easy for me to take screencaps, thus relieving Disney Villain all the work of transferring the Windows Media version to DVD.
I just ran to the store today and got blank DVD's. I burned it and Tomorow I will take all the screencaps. I should have screencaps from the original VHS tape (masterpeice edition), the Cinderella Platinum edition Trailer, and the Disney Channel Music Video as well as pictures and cliparts from old posters and current ones. By tuesday prehaps monday I will put everything up.
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Disney Villain wrote:
Disneykid wrote:Putting it up in Quicktime would make it easy for me to take screencaps, thus relieving Disney Villain all the work of transferring the Windows Media version to DVD.
I just ran to the store today and got blank DVD's. I burned it and Tomorow I will take all the screencaps. I should have screencaps from the original VHS tape (masterpeice edition), the Cinderella Platinum edition Trailer, and the Disney Channel Music Video as well as pictures and cliparts from old posters and current ones. By tuesday prehaps monday I will put everything up.
You deserve a medal. Seriously. Or at least a free copy of the Cinderella DVD. ;)
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Cinderella Restored Clips

Post by Disney Duster »

Disney Villain wrote:
OH MY...IF YOU DO ALL THAT YOU REALLY SHOULD GET A MEDAL! I feel bad because I was thinking I might be able to get my images up without my dad knowing and you did all that work for us. But I must say, my VHS of the Cinderella Masterpiece Edition was so crappy on my computer! Probably because I wore it out watching it so much. So even if I did put my screen caps up I'm sure yours will be tons better! I can't wait for them, but no rush! I know you said it takes a long time. Once again, THANK YOU DISNEY VILLAIN!
Tony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tony »

[quote="Disneykid"]I've finally managed to find the freaking video online, but since it's Windows Media, I can't take screencaps. Here's the link to it, though:

http://niveaworld.fanwired.com/ricky/dream.wmv

I was able to download the song and watch it when the above link was posted last week, but am now unable to...

When I click on the link now, it just keeps saying "page not found".. Is anyone else having this problem ?.. If so, do we know of an alternative site ?
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Here, I posted the music video on YouSendIt.com:

http://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2ER2 ... 9S3XAR2ZH7

It'll be there for a week. When it's no longer available, post in this thread and I'll put it back up.
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

I really don't like it. Most of them aren't even real singers. They should've had another professional singer do a video for it. I think Mariah Carey would have been an amazing choice if they could've gotten her. I also like the original tempo of the song, not the new one.
Disney Villain
Special Edition

Post by Disney Villain »

Hi. I just wanted to let everyone know that by 11:30pm Tonight I will post a link to all the screencaps that I took.