Hayao Miyazaki Wave 2 DVD Menus

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Luke
Site Admin

Hayao Miyazaki Wave 2 DVD Menus

Post by Luke »

<b>Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind</b>

Image Image

<b>Porco Rosso</b>

Image Image

<b>The Cat Returns</b>

Image Image

<b><u>Links</u></b>
Miyazaki Wave 2 Press Release
Preorder Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
Preorder Porco Rosso
Preorder The Cat Returns
castleinthesky
Anniversary Edition

Post by castleinthesky »

Nausicca definately looks the best. I can't wait. :D
Best Movies of 2009:
1. Moon
2. Inglorious Basterds
3. The Hurt Locker
4. Coraline
5. Ponyo
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

I pre-order Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind and Porco Rosso at Amazon and just have to buy The Cat Returns at Costco.
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Paka
Anniversary Edition

Post by Paka »

Yay! In terms of design, I like Nausicaä the best. Can't wait! :D
Life often leaves us standing bare, naked and dejected with a lost opportunity. Over the bleached bones and jumbled residues of numerous civilizations are written the pathetic words: "Too late."

~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
boss
In The Vaults

I think... I have Gone off the deep end...lol

Post by boss »

Well my family and I have not seen ANY of Studio Ghibli's/Miyazaki's film's on the big screen, I really regret not taking my kids when I had the chance to see Spirited Away. If these old films were in the theaters I think now I would have spent the money for the family to see all three now that we are Ghibli fans lol. :D

Well I thought I would do the next best thing to REALLY ENJOY! these 3 new/old Ghibli films and buy a new big screen with all the new junk to go with it. This is going to be the most expensive 3 movies I have ever bought lol. :D

Just testing it out now... getting ready... got to buy popcorn :D, just a few more sleepies to go lol. :D

guitarpete987

Post by guitarpete987 »

I just wanted to say that I have waited about 20 years for this. It makes me so happy to have a proper U.S. release of Nausicaa that tears actually start welling up in my eyes.

Yes and the menus, especially Nausicaa, look fabulous.

-Pete-
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Welcome to the forum, Pete! :)

What I don't understand is how there's a Bonus Features option on apparently the Disc 1s, and then the Bonus Features menu seems to show everything that's been announced. Everything from Disney has said these will be two discs, so maybe there's no need for my confusion/concern. Perhaps there's just additional, unannounced bonus features on Disc 1?
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Key
Special Edition

Post by Key »

I... want... Nausicaa.... now...

Hm, "Behind the Microphone," eh? I guess this will be another spot on the English voiceactors praising the movie or something (like Mononoke's bit was). "The Birth Story of Studio Ghibli" sounds interesting, though.
Wherever. Whatever. Have a nice day.
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Luke wrote:What I don't understand is how there's a Bonus Features option on apparently the Disc 1s, and then the Bonus Features menu seems to show everything that's been announced. Everything from Disney has said these will be two discs, so maybe there's no need for my confusion/concern. Perhaps there's just additional, unannounced bonus features on Disc 1?
From what I understand, disc two of each edition will show the film in complete storyboard format just like Castle in the Sky and Kiki's Delivery Service's DVD's did.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Disneykid wrote:From what I understand, disc two of each edition will show the film in complete storyboard format just like Castle in the Sky and Kiki's Delivery Service's DVD's did.
Ah, that would explain it. The storyboards are missing! Thanks for clarifying. Everything else goes on Disc 1 then and just storyboards on Disc 2? Better than overcompressing a la Beauty and the Beast, to be sure.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
masterjinn

DVD Menus. & movies

Post by masterjinn »

Hi: As an owner of a copy of the Japanese LD of "Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind" & a Japanese copy of "The Cat Reruns"

All I can say is that we all have much too look forward to. These movies are unsurpassed FIVE Stars :D
alchimiste72

Can not wait!

Post by alchimiste72 »

I can not wait to see and get some of those new movies... I really enjoy Spririted Away and The Castle In the Sky is one of my all-time favorite!!!
Thanks Disney's Dvd to get a chance to see them :D !
°°°°°°°°°°° A L C H I M I S T E 7 2 °°°°°°°°°°°

Always stay young at heart...

From Québec, Qc (Canada)
orestes.
Anniversary Edition

Post by orestes. »

I can't believe I missed this topic. Anyways the menus look good and I'm pretty impatient to get these. I'm excited aobut getting Bambi on DVD but I'm more excited about these especially since I actually haven't seen any of these. Every Ghibli/Miyazaki movie I have ever bought besides Princess Mononoke has been a blind buy and they have been the best blind buys I have ever made.
<a href="http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=orestes" target="_blank">my wonderful dvds.</a>