Top 30 of the most favorite Disney classics in France

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Anaël
Gold Classic Collection

Top 30 of the most favorite Disney classics in France

Post by Anaël »

Yesterday evening, one of the biggest channel in France made a top of the first 30th favorite Disney classics. It interviewed 1050 people in France from 15 and more.

Here are the results :
1. The Lion King
2. The Jungle Book
3. Finding Nemo
4. Snow White and the seven dwarfs
5. 101 dalmatians
6. Bambi
7. Cinderella
8. Pinocchio
9. Beauty and the Beast
10. The Aristocats
11. Sleeping Beauty
12. Peter Pan
13. Robin Hood
14. Aladdin
15. The sword in the stone
16. Tarzan
17. The Rescuers
18. Brother Bear
19. The Little Mermaid
20. Mary Poppins
21. The Fox and the Hound
22. Alice in Wonderland
23. Pocahontas
24. Dumbo
25. Toy Story
26. Monsters Inc.
27. Mulan
28. A Bug's life
29. Dinosaurs
30. Lilo & Stitch

This top is quite strange when we can see that the Little Mermaid has only the 19th place for example... :shock:
KinOO
Gold Classic Collection

Post by KinOO »

This TOP was pure CRAP, i was at the recoridng of the show and the 30 films here were pre-nominated, so the persons interviewed didn't vote for their favorite movie but for their favorite movie in the 30 nominated by the channel...
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Well I like the results of <a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/countdown/">our list</a> better (even if I feel <i>Beauty and the Beast</i> is overrated). At least we kept consistent, limiting only to Disney Feature Animation, and allowed for a wider range of votes.

Nonetheless, thanks for sharing!
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Re: Top 30 of the most favorite Disney classics in France

Post by Wonderlicious »

Anaël wrote: Here are the results :
1. The Lion King
2. The Jungle Book
3. Finding Nemo
4. Snow White and the seven dwarfs
5. 101 dalmatians
6. Bambi
7. Cinderella
8. Pinocchio
9. Beauty and the Beast
10. The Aristocats
11. Sleeping Beauty
12. Peter Pan
13. Robin Hood
14. Aladdin
15. The sword in the stone
16. Tarzan
17. The Rescuers
18. Brother Bear
19. The Little Mermaid
20. Mary Poppins
21. The Fox and the Hound
22. Alice in Wonderland
23. Pocahontas
24. Dumbo
25. Toy Story
26. Monsters Inc.
27. Mulan
28. A Bug's life
29. Dinosaurs
30. Lilo & Stitch
That list is just stupid. Like Luke said, it mixes too many genres (live action like Mary Poppins, traditional 2D films like Bambi and 3D works such not made by Disney personally like A Bug's Life) Secondly, I don't like the results, period. How is The Aristocats and The Fox and the Hound better than Toy Story and Alice in Wonderland? This is a slight problem I have with these lists; if they don't come out the way I expect them to, I get angry. And you don't want to see me when I'm angry... :twisted:
Jordan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jordan »

Yeah, I saw the show on TV last night, and it really sucked !

Well first this weird list (with movies such as "Lady and the Tramp" out and with "Robin Hooh" or "The Rescuers" in) and even the show itself with interviews of such has been people that had dubbed one of the Disney charecters in France, so it was for the singers (except for Jimmy Cliff but what a lame playback !!).
Chandler (to Phoebe, over the phone) : Listen, Joey isn't gonna be here tonight so why don't you come over and I'll let you uh.. feel my bicep; or maybe more...
Friends, 5.14 - The One Where Everybody Finds Out
orestes.
Anniversary Edition

Post by orestes. »

Luke wrote:Well I like the results of <a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/countdown/">our list</a> better (even if I feel <i>Beauty and the Beast</i> is overrated). At least we kept consistent, limiting only to Disney Feature Animation, and allowed for a wider range of votes.

Nonetheless, thanks for sharing!
I like this site's list even though I wasn't around to vote. I can't believe Mulan wasn't on there though... now that is crazy!

If I made a list of my favourites Mulan and Brother Bear would certainly be on there. I won't make a list though because it would be way too hard to try and list them in an order. Some I prefer over others at different times.
<a href="http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=orestes" target="_blank">my wonderful dvds.</a>
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Re: Top 30 of the most favorite Disney classics in France

Post by Disneykid »

Wonderlicious wrote:That list is just stupid. Like Luke said, it mixes too many genres (live action like Mary Poppins, traditional 2D films like Bambi and 3D works such not made by Disney personally like A Bug's Life) Secondly, I don't like the results, period. How is The Aristocats and The Fox and the Hound better than Toy Story and Alice in Wonderland? This is a slight problem I have with these lists; if they don't come out the way I expect them to, I get angry. And you don't want to see me when I'm angry... :twisted:
I totally agree. The Aristocats and The Fox and the Hound are my two least favorite animated classics and yet both are ahead of lots of great films (NO Pixar film deserves to be under those movies, period, and even though I know Alice isn't looked upon with the highest regard, I don't think most people would place it below those two films, either). I guess since this is France we're talking about, they have high esteem for The Aristocats since it takes place in their country, though that's a pretty ridiculous reason to like a movie.
KinOO
Gold Classic Collection

Post by KinOO »

I guess since this is France we're talking about, they have high esteem for The Aristocats since it takes place in their country, though that's a pretty ridiculous reason to like a movie.
And i think you have a RIDICULOUS way of thinking...
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

I didn't mean to stereotype all French people. If that's what you thought I was implying, then I'm sorry. What I meant was people tend to hold something in high esteem because they have a connection to it. Since Aristocats is considered by many to be one of the weaker Disney movies, it's bizarre to see it in the top 10 of someone's movie list. Since over 1,000 people were interviewed for this list, it just seems like most of the people interviewed (not French people in general, but the French people who happened to have a say in what made it on the list) ranked Aristocats highly because they identified with the movie's locale and feel. I'm sure there are plenty of French people who hate the film and plenty of people from other nations who love it.
KinOO
Gold Classic Collection

Post by KinOO »

ok, no offense but i don't buy that.. Beauty and the BEast is only 9th and the Hunchback of Notre Dame is not even in the top.. so...

And following you, MULAN has been a great success in China??? No it didn't...

Hercules was huge in greece??? No it wasn't...

So we can't deduce such things, moreover on a top like this one made by this crappy channel in france.
rodis
Special Edition

Post by rodis »

And following you, MULAN has been a great success in China??? No it didn't...
Actually, I read that shortly after its release, "Mulan" became the 2nd most successful animated film in China. And also it had the best opening for an animated film (I don't know if this record still stands today).