Disney Villains Countdown - Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Deco King
Gold Classic Collection

Why the long wait for an "avatar"??

Post by Deco King »

Luke wrote:
Deco King wrote:PS: How do I add an image to my profile listing please advise!!
Once you have reached 50 posts, you can choose an avatar from either the galleries here, a picture on your computer, or an image you find elsewhere on the Internet. The option to select an avatar will be found in your <a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/pro ... Profile</a>.
Gosh do I have to wait so long?? I'm sure on a previous visit from a previous email address I had an "avatar" after far less than 50 posts, why do we have to wait so long??
Last edited by Deco King on Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
To Make Doubly Sure Bring Back Her Heart In This!!
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

DisneyChris wrote:Of course it's better than the previous countdowns, but I still feel there's room for improvement (especially the bad cropping).
Trust me, I've tried my best to make the graphics look nice. I even went back after you complained about Sid and tried to make it look smoother. I was unable to do it. It just shows shortcomings of the JPEG format (it doesn't look so rough when it's an uncompressed Paint Shop Pro image) when dealing with tiny objects in front of a colored background, and how it's tougher to get a distinct line to cut when you're dealing with the detailed look of computer animated characters.
Luke
Site Admin

Re: Do the Wicked Queen and the Witch count as 1 villain or

Post by Luke »

Deco King wrote:Gosh do I have to wait so long?? I'm sure on a previous visit from a previous email address I had an "avatar" after far less than 50 posts, why do we have to wait so long??
This is a new forum guideline that was imposed last month. If you have another user name with another e-mail address, you should not; people are supposed to use just one username on the forum. I don't think having avatars just for regular contributors to the forum is unreasonable. Many forums don't have avatars at all.

To continue this discussion, you can use this thread:
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... php?t=5345
GrapeGirl

Post by GrapeGirl »

i thought it was really good. i liked the list. wonder who #1 will be....
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

I don't know if this is just on my computer but the Randall villian audio clip doesn't load all the way. Does anyone else have this problem?
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Hey, Luke on the villain countdown I wanted to be credited as MickeyMousePal!!!! :headshake: :headshake: :headshake:
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

MickeyMousePal wrote:Hey, Luke on the villain countdown I wanted to be credited as MickeyMousePal!!!! :headshake: :headshake: :headshake:
Hey Pals, you are. :headshake: :roll: :D :thumb:
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

Who thinks Scar will be among the top five Villains? Think about it- he's mean, creepy, kills a beloved character and has got partially black fur. He's the first badass lion goth and he should be number one!
Last edited by Just Myself on Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
JM :thumb:
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

I'd prefer to wait and see what happens rather than speculate now. However, there's already a thread for countdown discussion here (and another for villains discussion in general), one in feedback, and the older threads in which we addressed/nominated them. Maybe we could talk about that there instead of focusing on just one villain in this thread?

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

Sorry- I couldn't find any threads Aaron... they disappeared.
Cheers,
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Just Myself wrote:Sorry- I couldn't find any threads Aaron... they disappeared.
Oh my goodness, look...it reappeared! :o

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... php?t=5682 :D
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

OK then can you splice this thread with that thread?
Cheers,
BrandonH
Special Edition

Post by BrandonH »

This is a nitpicky thing, but that's what a feedback thread is for, right?

I noticed that the font is significantly smaller after the first paragraph of each villain description. My text size is set at medium, and it's difficult to read the middle parts of the write-ups. I hereby request a consistent font size, if it is possible. Thanks!
"Mustard? Don't let's be silly!"
--Mad Hatter, Alice in Wonderland

My DVDs
DisneyChris
Special Edition

Post by DisneyChris »

Luke wrote:
DisneyChris wrote:Of course it's better than the previous countdowns, but I still feel there's room for improvement (especially the bad cropping).
Trust me, I've tried my best to make the graphics look nice. I even went back after you complained about Sid and tried to make it look smoother. I was unable to do it. It just shows shortcomings of the JPEG format (it doesn't look so rough when it's an uncompressed Paint Shop Pro image) when dealing with tiny objects in front of a colored background, and how it's tougher to get a distinct line to cut when you're dealing with the detailed look of computer animated characters.
Oh, I see. I understand your difficulties now, thanks for telling. Support you all the way, Luke! :)
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

BrandonH wrote:This is a nitpicky thing, but that's what a feedback thread is for, right?
From that post of mine down to Just_Myself's last post came from another thread that was started, and then merged into this one by Luke.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

What Aaron said. I edited the title into the subject so there's no confusion. But seriously, Scar owns.
Cheers,
Paka
Anniversary Edition

Post by Paka »

I'm a bit irked that Frollo and Lady Tremaine are only number 10 and 9, respectively. They deserve better than the outskirts of the top 10 list! :angry:

Ah, well. The "new Disney" lovin' people have voted, I guess. So who's number 1, then - Ursula? :roll:
Life often leaves us standing bare, naked and dejected with a lost opportunity. Over the bleached bones and jumbled residues of numerous civilizations are written the pathetic words: "Too late."

~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

Here's my list for my fantasy top 5:

1) The Wicked Witch (Snow White)
2) Ursula (The Little Mermaid)
3) Malificent (Sleeping Beauty)
4) Scar (The Lion King)
5) Jafar (Aladdin)
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

Dr Heffel(Cat from Outer Soace) was the same guy who voiced Cpt. Hook?! :shock: :o
Cheers,
DisneyChris
Special Edition

Post by DisneyChris »

Maleficent is bound to be #1, but I hope my favorites Scar and Jafar can be #2 and #3 respectively, with The Queen/Witch at #4. :roll: